Am I the only one who still believes in EJ?

YoloinOhio

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have some reservations.... those umbrella drinks seem to poke you up the nose. Other than that,I think EJ needs a chance before we go writing him off. Sure, I have concerns. That's why Andrew Luck is the exception.

Luck, Wilson, Kaepernick, Foles, Newton, a whole bunch of exceptions. Or maybe the exceptions are Ponder and Gabbert.

His signs of growth leave me encouraged. Consistency is the key........Obviously per Marrone.

Their are signs that there confidence in him could be well founded. They're could be surprises, of course.

(That was just a small personal gift from someone who apparently cringes at the same stuff.)

I can't say I'm in, or not in. But I think the guy deserves the chance you give any 1st round pick who has been thrown in the fire in his first year. I'm not a fan of that, but I'm certainly not a fan of prematurely pulling a guy from a team that has gone out of the way to surround the guy with talent. I just hope the OL holds up their end so he gets a realistic chance to show what he can do.

The micro-analysis of his play on this forum, by people probably better suited to...well I'd hate to insult anyone by naming a particular profession---let's just say many here who are his biggest critics provide the least intelligent analysis of his play. There are a few exceptions, but very few.

I'm all in for giving the guy the chance he deserves. At this point, we really have no option, And anyone rooting against him (one scumbag poster wants him to be injured) isn't really a Bill's fan. The best case scenario fo this team is that EJ succeed. Root for him to show progress. Allow yourself to actually see the positive, should it occur.

Luck, Wilson, Kaepernick, Foles, Newton, a whole bunch of exceptions. Or maybe the exceptions are Ponder and Gabbert.

I still think Luck is THE exception. He's a stud and everybody knows it. Some of those you mentioned may turn out great. Some may have too small a sample size to know, and some may just be in perfect situations. I notice RG3 is missing. What is he? I don't know. Not to say I wouldn't love them on my team. Just don't make it sound easy to get a franchise QB. Everybody WANTS one, and only a few teams HAVE one. The guys who don't cut it are definitely NOT the exception.

What I hope is going to happen, which actually has a decent chance of happening: He's surprisingly good overall, mostly because of the solid run game and four very good WR, and he has his share of clunkers every game but makes enough completions (not perfect passes) to move the chains and put some points on the board and keep us in every game.

What I fear is going to happen, which also has a decent chance of happening: He starts out slow, he gets mad at himself, the fans start to razz him, which rattles him, and while he shows flashes of real ability, maybe even full games, he's just not good enough, and Marrone, worried for his job and career, panics early and goes to Orton.

What I think, if I had to bet, is the most likely to happen: Equal parts of the two scenarios play out at random moments, quarters, halves, games, and four game blocks. He looks great sometimes, even for long stretches, and he looks godawful other times. We are in a ton of close games and he pulls a few out but for various reasons we lose more than we win, and at the end of the year he is a tease.

And if you polled 32 GM around the league, about half think he is pretty good and about half think he is not that great. And we really don't know even after a season and a half if he is our guy.

I'm judging him from his regular season games only. I think I am the only one left on EJ island. It's nice here. Umbrella drinks.

You'll soon be underwater.

That is a sinking island.

Keep an eye out for the Orton Archipelago it may save your life.

What I hope is going to happen, which actually has a decent chance of happening: He's surprisingly good overall, mostly because of the solid run game and four very good WR, and he has his share of clunkers every game but makes enough completions (not perfect passes) to move the chains and put some points on the board and keep us in every game.

What I fear is going to happen, which also has a decent chance of happening: He starts out slow, he gets mad at himself, the fans start to razz him, which rattles him, and while he shows flashes of real ability, maybe even full games, he's just not good enough, and Marrone, worried for his job and career, panics early and goes to Orton.

What I think, if I had to bet, is the most likely to happen: Equal parts of the two scenarios play out at random moments, quarters, halves, games, and four game blocks. He looks great sometimes, even for long stretches, and he looks godawful other times. We are in a ton of close games and he pulls a few out but for various reasons we lose more than we win, and at the end of the year he is a tease.

And if you polled 32 GM around the league, about half think he is pretty good and about half think he is not that great. And we really don't know even after a season and a half if he is our guy.

Pretty much sums it up.