Reasons I'm excited for 2014: (Not for the weak of heart)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for a positive thread and keeping it honest. There are more reasons to be excited about this team than there are to be worried. The issue will always be that the things that worry us are as present as ever and , thanks to sites like this and the over-analysis of the media, we are inundated with information that paints a gloom and doom picture. Let's get excited about this team, cheer them onward and believe that they can and will succeed in breaking the playoff drought this season. GO BILLS!

For whatever reason I am not excited for this upcoming season. I am not really confident in this coaching staff, I am not really confident in EJ, and I am not sure how confident I am in the defense if the offense doesn't put up a lot of points. Maybe its just years of terrible results wearing my optimism down. While I am hoping for the best my mind tells me its not going to be a great season.

I'm starting my 51st season as a Bills fan, so I've pretty much seen it all. I would not be at all surprised for this to happen:

- Week 1 at Chicago, EJ throws 4 tds in the first half, and Buffalo goes on to beat Chicago 35-10.

- Week 2, vs. Miami, the Ralph is rocking and the Bills are eating it up on the ground. Up 14-0 with seconds to go in the first half, they're driving. Instead of taking the easy 3 to go up 17-0, they gamble on 4th and goal. EJ tries to run it in, and gets another knee injury. Out for the season. Miami comes back to win 17-14, and the Bills go on to finish 3-13.

I just see it coming.

IF EJ is anything more than adequate, this team can compete for a playoff spot.

IF EJ is anything more than adequate, heading into next year (barring injury), this team is a G or 2 and a TE away from being a very strong team.

It's been about a decade since either of those statements were true.

For whatever reason I am not excited for this upcoming season. I am not really confident in this coaching staff, I am not really confident in EJ, and I am not sure how confident I am in the defense if the offense doesn't put up a lot of points. Maybe its just years of terrible results wearing my optimism down. While I am hoping for the best my mind tells me its not going to be a great season.

You're missing the point of the thread, and I don't mean to call you out. But there must be at least ONE thing you're excited to see in the regular season, isn't there? Why else watch the games this season at all if there isn't at least something you're looking forward to seeing. Doesn't mean you have to predict a Super Bowl run this year, or even a playoff run, but since we're all sitting at 0-0 right now why not find one thing to look forward to about this team?

Whaley topped it off by bringing in Orton at the eleventh hour proving this is a front office serious about winning.

I became dumbfounded with this comment...waiting until a week before the season opener, to find a competent backup QB, to your unstable "franchise" starting QB...proves how serious a front office is about winning???

That move should have been made weeks ago, not with a week to go...it actually should have been made months ago.

And it is because of this exact reason that the team is not being taken seriously by much of anyone right now. EJ Manuel has not shown much progression in his development, and Kyle Orton lost his last starting job to Tim Tebow.

I am as skeptical as I think I have ever been...they REALLY need to go out and make a statement in a week.

(I do think this is a playoff-caliber team...*IF* the QB play is at least middle-of-the-pack.)

I became dumbfounded with this comment...waiting until a week before the season opener, to find a competent backup QB, to your unstable "franchise" starting QB...proves how serious a front office is about winning???

That move should have been made weeks ago, not with a week to go...it actually should have been made months ago.

And it is because of this exact reason that the team is not being taken seriously by much of anyone right now. EJ Manuel has not shown much progression in his development, and Kyle Orton lost his last starting job to Tim Tebow.

I am as skeptical as I think I have ever been...they REALLY need to go out and make a statement in a week.

(I do think this is a playoff-caliber team...*IF* the QB play is at least middle-of-the-pack.)

So you'd prefer they double down on their mistake and not address the situation? You're one of those that wants to rail on the Bills when they do something right and when they do something wrong. You're also not playing by the rules of the thread...

Doug asked me to bump this, and who am I to refuse a Saint?

Coaches are always trying to take any advantage they can, however small or insignificant or unlikely it may seem. I'm wondering if this whole Saint Doug thing is simply trying to increase the likelihood of completing a Hail Mary at the end of the half or game.

Being a Saint would have to help.

:lol: That's an angle I hadn't considered, but I like it.

After reading the initial post and each one since then i would like to comment .

Doug asked me to bump this, and who am I to refuse a Saint?

I am as excited as i have been in years this Eve for Sundays opener .

And as i have said more than once , this is a very important game for current Bills staff and players alike. A lot to prove if only to themselves .

By the way Greg thanks for attitude check. You exemplify what a fan should be in spirit.

excited for Sunday.

:thumbsup:

ps he isnt a Saint yet !

Edited by 3rdand12

After reading the initial post and each one since then i would like to comment .

I am as excited as i have been in years this Eve for Sundays opener .

And as i have said more than once , this is a very important game for current Bills staff and players alike. A lot to prove if only to themselves .

By the way Greg thanks for attitude check. You exemplify what a fan should be in spirit.

excited for Sunday.

:thumbsup:

ps he isnt a Saint yet !

:beer:

Great post from a true Bills fan. I love it

This crappy preseason is over. Time for this

Bills team to eat some Bear meat. Cutler your

Going down for 5 sacks. Bills 23 Bears 20

Go Bills.

+ 1

I actually think they COULD sack the Bears Cutler five (5) times. I think he's mess waiting to happen, and the Bills D line just

might be the ones to get after him.

+ 1

I actually think they COULD sack the Bears Cutler five (5) times. I think he's mess waiting to happen, and the Bills D line just

might be the ones to get after him.

Lets hope so .

I am very much looking forward to see Schwartz's Defense in action