The Practice Squad Thread - Predictions then Additions

Here are the new Practice Squad eligibility rules:

The extra two players can have up to 32 games on an active roster over their first two seasons while remaining eligible for the practice squad, meaning essentially any 2012 or 2013 rookies now become eligible. As for the other eight spots on the practice squad, those players are under the old eligibility rule which allows for no more than eight games on an active NFL roster.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are the new Practice Squad eligibility rules:

The extra two players can have up to 32 games on an active roster over their first two seasons while remaining eligible for the practice squad, meaning essentially any 2012 or 2013 rookies now become eligible. As for the other eight spots on the practice squad, those players are under the old eligibility rule which allows for no more than eight games on an active NFL roster.

...so TJ Graham WOULD be eligible and TBD hero Landon Cohen would not. Interesting.

Edited by JM57

I actually think Tuel won't be on the PS. Just a gut feeling, but I think the FO and staff were so disappointed in his regression that they are going to cut the cord.

Ladler, for sure.

I still don't get it: Regression? Sure, he didn't light up the world, but I sure did get the feeling when I saw him playing, he had a much better idea of what he wanted to do than EJ did. Is he ready to be a clear #2, probably not, but he wasn't awful.

I do think he deserves a Practice Squad opportunity.

I still don't get it: Regression? Sure, he didn't light up the world, but I sure did get the feeling when I saw him playing, he had a much better idea of what he wanted to do than EJ did. Is he ready to be a clear #2, probably not, but he wasn't awful.

I do think he deserves a Practice Squad opportunity.

How much more do you need to see with Tuel? he sucks, can we move on and at least

Target a low end mediocre QB? he has no business in the NFL or CFL. he gives the word scrub a bad name.

The "win now" mantra of the Whaley regime has no place for this guy. I would like to see the FO

Build a winner. Tuel has no chance of being that.

This link is who Chris Brown identifies as the eligible players by rule, the old then the new. No Gurley on it.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2014/08/21/bills-practice-squad-eligibility-list/

I want to say Gurley has been on other team's PS for 2 seasons so he is no longer eligible.

Going off that breakdown I would assume Tuel and Graham get the two "expanded" slots unless someone else is poached from elsewhere.

I've seen on Twitter that Broomfield has signed to the PS so that leaves 7 more regular slots. My guesses are Holley, Wheeler/MacPherson, Igbinosun, Gaines, Ladler, one of the CBs and maybe Unga/McClain