Michael Sam is cut - should we sign him?(Update - signed in Big D)

YoloinOhio

He was drafted as Kronkie wanted to make a statement. Yes, he did well in the SEC, but he's undersized, had a bad combine, slow for a DE, and I could care less if he or anyone else is gay. It's none of my business which is my position about anyone I meet. If he's a better player that what is on our roster, then pick him up. I don't see him as better than our current roster.

He sure schooled a certain QB in Cleveland that half this board believes in.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well the definition of "schooled" certainly has changed. he got a sack against the scrubs o line in Cleveland of Johnny F.

That is schooled?

Wait, sacks can be attributed to poor line play?

Besides which, Johnny Swan's prized asset is supposed to be his escapeability and improvisational play. Just saying, Sam got him twice in the game.

He would work here. I'd like him here as a project and maybe just PS player.

NY might be his best fit, Carolina could use someone to bring some heat, Atlanta needs speed and Indy would suit his strengths. The Browns have Pettine so that might work, too.

But, honestly there is only one reason we know about him and one reason we have seen any of his highlights this preseason. That saddens me. Just let him be a football player.

Actually, in St Louis where the Rams preseason gets more depth of coverage the skinny has been that he's pretty good, they felt he was "on the bubble" and had a decent shot at the roster. So I think he probably didn't have as strong on ST's as someone who stuck, and he's got a good shot to catch on somewhere.

ha! I just saw that. But I was also watching NFLN and they said he isn't a good practice player (though he showed up in the ps games) and he doesn't play ST. If he doesn't practice well he prob won't be on a practice squad. That said there are teams like Dallas desperate for def playmakers on the 53. Thought he'd get a look that way. Edited by YoloinOhio

The headline over at profootball talk is the Eric Wood, blames his not being picked up on the side show ESPN is making out of his being gay. I feel bad for the kid because of that, because who he goes to bed with is just not that interesting. Whether he can play football is still undecided and he should get a shot some place. However, I think Wood is right here, the side show is a distraction no one wants.

The questions is: if he was just another player whom we knew nothing much about, would the reigning SEC defensive player of the year (who had 3 preseason sacks) not be on someone's practice squad?

I suspect that "coming out" may have cost this kid a shot at the NFL.