Turmoil brewing between Marrone and Whaley?

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whaley is the guy who went to Florida and scouted him, and he's the guy who walked away impressed after watching him throw in the wind and rain. EJ is all Whaley.

Yup.

Marrone was Whaley's guy, too. Nix was a goner before that draft, although I'm sure he had a lot of say it in as a talent evaluator. Two guys from the West Coast in the first three picks? Unbuddified.

The notable thing in both this incident and the one on Saturday is that the team president seems to have been involved intentionally. If Marrone asked him to be there, it's a big deal. If Whaley felt he had to have the boss go with him, that's a big deal. Or at least a tad more than a casual, business-as-usual accidental meeting.

The notable thing in both this incident and the one on Saturday is that the team president seems to have been involved intentionally. If Marrone asked him to be there, it's a big deal. If Whaley felt he had to have the boss go with him, that's a big deal. Or at least a tad more than a casual, business-as-usual accidental meeting.

That sounds about right to me. In the back of my mind, I can't help but recall Marrone's public criticism of Manuel for aiming the ball like a scared little league baseball player. I have a hunch the QB position has been discussed a lot of late.

Edited by dave mcbride

We have no idea what it was about thats the problem, but it happened and there was evidence it did. The fact is Whaley, Brandon and Marrone have now had 2 highly animated discussions in the last week. Players are speaking out against Marrones practice schedule. They are talking back to the head coach. He made them run wind sprints to teach them a lesson like kids. Call it nothing if you want, but something does not seem right.

Sounds like the Giants a few years back with Coughlin and the Ravens w/ Harbaugh two years ago. Numerous reports of unrest and internal conflict. They both won the Super Bowl...soooo, I'm thinking all of this will be forgotten when EJ is lifting the Lombardi come February.

That sounds about right to me. In the back of my mind, I can't help but recall Marrone's public criticism of Manuel for aiming the ball like a scared little league baseball player. I have a hunch the QB position has been discussed a lot of late.

If you listened to what Marrone really said about that in the press conference, versus what Peter King took out of it for his blog, you may have a different perspective. I did. Marrone wasn't talking about the whole game. Or Manuel as a whole or as a player. He said Manuel started out well. Threw the pass that was a good pass and not his fault where Chandler fell. Then after the INT and the fumble by CJ, for a short while, he was aiming it. And then he got back in the groove and threw it really well the rest of the game.

Man I really feel for NFL staffs in the internet age.

Not that they care what we think (thank goodness), but holy crap! Can't even have an old fashioned passionate debate or argument without media leeches speculating on it and it spilling down to internet vultures/ fans.

Guys, this is fun and all, but you do realize we're never going to learn a damn thing about what's going on here, right? Either the team is going to play well and everyone will get along, or they won't and heads will roll.

Logic?!! Who the hell wants to hear about logic when we can play guessing games and make assumptions?!

I assume it has something to do with the Logan Mankins trade and Whaley not offering Lee Smith for him. That has to be it...right? Right?

What would your takeway be from Rodak's report that Marrone was tossing loud, choice words at Whaley & Brandon on a practice sideline that's attended by reporters?

Given that Rodak's only function is to generate clicks, not that damn much...

I think it obviously goes back to the posts from jw in this thread. What would really take to get these 3 animated?

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/169976-we-dont-have-so-much-a-qb-problem-as-an-o-line-problem/page__st__260

"i'm not playing a game, i just question why there is need to deflect the blame, when it's becoming painfully clear that EJ's inconsistencies are his only consistency.

jw"

"there are enough questions being raised inside 1 Bills Drive to render this topic absurd.

jw"

Also don't for get Jason Coles Tweet

"

4347c7cebd7dad386de27914c8ff5a15_normal.jpegJason Cole @JasonPhilCole · Aug 23

#Bills coach Doug Marrone was told by several staffers, players at end of 2013 that QB EJ Manuel wasn't good enough. Preseason is troubling"

and Rodak's tweets after the game:

Mike Rodak @mikerodak · Aug 23

GM Doug Whaley just called OC Nate Hackett from tunnel. Whaley meeting with Russ Brandon, Marrone at entrance to locker room.

Mike Rodak @mikerodak · Aug 23

In the past 24 hrs, a Bills player has called out fans on Twitter, another player drunk vomited out his car door, and team faced 3rd-and-40.

All this and the team is in the process of being sold, jobs are on the line...Tough place to be right now

Make it stop. btw does Mike Schoop watch football

" bears are going to be great and Miami is going to be good "

Schop is an idiot who knows NOTHING abotu football beyond what a casual fan knows.... my seven year old knows more about football than he does, and she's a girl.

"the Bills going to be good this year dad, I think so, unless Ej breaks his leg like a gazilliion times like last year", Ava keith age 7

I almost wonder if Whaley is questioning Marrone about his final decision at RG. Two holding penalties and a grade of -4.2.

Now that the Buc's passed on Incognito for Mankins I gotta wonder if that RG situation is really settled.

Perhaps its just me, as I'm not content with the current starters at OG.

Are you trying to tell me you think everything is fine and dandy right now? We have no reason to worry about the constant mess this training camp and pre season have been?

Rather than fomenting unrest about this altercation, why don't you please explain to us all what it was about? Please?

Rather than fomenting unrest about this altercation, why don't you please explain to us all what it was about? Please?

I already responded to you...

Here it was...

We have no idea what it was about thats the problem, but it happened and there was evidence it did. The fact is Whaley, Brandon and Marrone have now had 2 highly animated discussions in the last week. Players are speaking out against Marrones practice schedule. They are talking back to the head coach. He made them run wind sprints to teach them a lesson like kids. Call it nothing if you want, but something does not seem right.

Edited by CountDorkula

If you listened to what Marrone really said about that in the press conference, versus what Peter King took out of it for his blog, you may have a different perspective. I did. Marrone wasn't talking about the whole game. Or Manuel as a whole or as a player. He said Manuel started out well. Threw the pass that was a good pass and not his fault where Chandler fell. Then after the INT and the fumble by CJ, for a short while, he was aiming it. And then he got back in the groove and threw it really well the rest of the game.

Thanks for that context. That said, Marrone has gotta know that this quote is what is going to be pulled out and dissected by reporters.

Well, other than that, there's nothing to see here. Move along.