Sam Bradford Tears ACL - Out for the Season

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see any team taking a chance on him again if he is that fragile.

The shoulder in college too made him miss a season. But someone will give him a chance because its such a QB-starved league. But I don't see how rams can wait longer especially if they draft high again next year.

Here's a photo of the first acl. DB was grabbing him from behind and its when he planted the left foot a moment later it tore

ap-vetical-bradford-sam-hurt-rams.jpg?itok=J0jjhLPX

SamBRadford_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=432&q=85

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I'd have to imagine the Rams are going to cut their losses with this kid and dump him after the season. They won't take much of a hit on their salary cap and Bradford has already suffered some major injuries that he may never fully recover from.

Poor guy never got a fair shake in St. Louis with never really having any weapons on offense to work with. Rams are now in a position to bottom out and draft the next great QB at the top of next year's draft.

Agreed, Sam had all the potential in the world, but they never got him any real talent. Then two torn ACL's on the same knee. I gotta think its time for him to hang it up.

True. If it wasn't for the mega deal he had strapped around his team's neck, Bradford would've been cut years ago. The same could be said for Stafford too. Ironically, though, they are better than anything the Bills have had for years.

Here is my issue with that - specifically with the Rams' actions. The Rams could have gotten out of that deal before last season due to its structure as the guaranteed money finished in 2013. He could have been traded (not released) before that season and while the dead money would have been substantial, the cap hit from a trade would have been positive overall. Before this season he'd have been much easier to trade or release and I could see them wanting to wait for that. The numbers would have been much better.

His contract runs out in 2015 and trading him after this season would pose no issue on their end. Except that they don't have anyone to take his place. And that's my big issue with the Rams. Flush with so many additional high picks (thanks Washington!) they failed address the QB position. They did not draft or otherwise acquire a QB to mitigate the risk of sticking solely with the oft-injured Bradford.

Now here they are again. Bradford is injured (again) and Shaun Hill is their best option. They made their bed.

Bradford current contract info: http://overthecap.com/player/sam-bradford/1349

Edited by BarleyNY

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...