Marrone open to bringing in another viable QB.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Marrone in my honest opinion is an idiot. I mean there should've been a viable veteran backup there since the day he took over the team or at least drafted EJ. Instead we he put all of his eggs into the Jeff Tuel and Thad Lewis basket? that's just ignorance and arrogance at its finest.

So you're calling Marrone an idiot for the GM not getting a better backup? Marrone doesn't make signing decisions, Whaley does. Amazing that so many people have no idea how an NFL organization works. I may be wrong, but I believe Belichick is the only coach / GM in the league right now.

Edited by Mark80

So you're calling Marrone an idiot for the GM not getting a better backup? Marrone doesn't make signing decisions, Whaley does. Amazing that so many people have no idea how an NFL organization works. I may be wrong, but I believe Belichick is the only coach / GM in the league right now.

I wish it were more amazing. Too many posters are children of Madden, and perhaps too many making the conclusion that because the HC does the camp cutdown, that he supplies the roster with players.

Andy Reid had final say on football matters before they hired John Dorsey. My guess is that Reid's opinion holds a lot of sway but that Dorsey must give blessing.

It's not so black and white. I'm sure Whaley consults with Marrone, asking him what he would like, asking him if he is interested here or there. And I'm sure Marrone goes to Whaley, and tells him "we need this", or "I need to get rid of this guy". Does Marrone have final say? Absolutely not. But I bet he very much has Whaley's ear.

It's not so black and white. I'm sure Whaley consults with Marrone, asking him what he would like, asking him if he is interested here or there. And I'm sure Marrone goes to Whaley, and tells him "we need this", or "I need to get rid of this guy". Does Marrone have final say? Absolutely not. But I bet he very much has Whaley's ear.

Most likely, Whaley is in dialogue with Marrone constantly. Maybe Marrone thought Lewis and Tuel looked like they could improve enough (this is the only way you could really hang the situation on him). Maybe they had 2-3 guys ID'd and available that they really thought qualified as upgrades, and lost out on them. I think the draft is the one place that they could have gotten someone.

I like KC's stable of QBs, but one notable aspect of them is that Bray doesn't really match with the others, IMO - he is a big-arm guy. If he is the one they cut out of the 4, I pass because I am just not sure he'd fit in. If Aaron Murray ends up cut, I jump all over that. I think they are going to try to sneak him thru somehow.

The Rams' situation is far more like ours, and Shaun Hill is serviceable but a terrifying new plan A. It does go to show you just how much hinges on the QB.

This team should have been blowing up a guy like Josh McCown's phone.

for sure. Cannot believe Whaley wasn't all over this. The risk reward factor seemed well worth it. Its not like he was a Rob Johnson, Matt Flynn flash in the pan, this guy has consistently played great

Edited by Webster Guy

Of course he does, but many posters here put the blame completely on Marrone for our QB depth, but the buck stops with Whaley. To put it simply, it's Whaley's job to put together the roster and it's Marrone's job to coach that roster.

No I don't, but I'm also sure that the guy won't come back to play for a team like the Bills. He might come back with a viable playoff contender, but I doubt even that will happen. "Hey, I was looking to get out of my Cowboy's contract, with the hope that a team that hasn't been to the playoffs for 14 years will sign me".

I realize that he hasn't yet retired (that's why I didn't call him "retired").

I will bet my left ball, that he won't sign with the Bills at any point, okay?

He isn't even good for %^*^'s sake.

Your words were

"Orton is retiring (I have no idea why he keeps being mentioned)".

My post was specifically to say that there are no reports post-Cowboys that say he is retiring.

Your words were

"Orton is retiring (I have no idea why he keeps being mentioned)".

My post was specifically to say that there are no reports post-Cowboys that say he is retiring.

There have been no reports, post-Cowboys of Troy Aikman reitring..maybe we can get him to show EJ a few tricks!