This team is far better then SOME think

HOUSE

sure, that's part of it. like albert einstein once said, "fool me once, shame on you. fool me 15 years straight, we won't get fooled again."

no - it is "my girlfriend gives ma cousin a BJ shame on her. She gives 2 of my cousins Bjs shame on me." -- Spoonie Luv

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no - it is "my girlfriend gives ma cousin a BJ shame on her. She gives 2 of my cousins Bjs shame on me." -- Spoonie Luv

aarghh

Lol. You sure its only the third year in a row?

Could easily be 14 years in a row Edited by 3rdand12

I mean I get it, we as fans are starving for a successful season so they convince themselves every which way they can the team is going to the playoffs this year every year. Unless EJ takes a big step and the defense doesn't miss a beat it aint happening....and although its just preseason it looks like the same old Bills.

Same old Bills!?

I don;t think so! We are going to lead the league in Field Goals this year...Look out Pro Bowl here comes Carpenter

Same old Bills!?

I don;t think so! We are going to lead the league in Field Goals this year...Look out Pro Bowl here comes Carpenter

You know , of course he was 6 for 8 this week at practice. Mighta been tuesday. Maybe you would consider tempering your enthusiasm ?

I mean I get it, we as fans are starving for a successful season so they convince themselves every which way they can the team is going to the playoffs this year every year. Unless EJ takes a big step and the defense doesn't miss a beat it aint happening....and although its just preseason it looks like the same old Bills.

I agree that what has been shown so far is not going to beat Chicago

I have followed this team for over 50 years.This doesn't make me an expert. I have just seen a lot of teams come and go. I have been wrong just a few times.

I see the 4-12 predictions here everyday. Some want you to feel stupid for expecting a winning season.

This team has talent and depth, first time in 15 years.

Don't be suckered, this team could run the ball behind a recently adjusted line and easily make the playoffs.

Barring major injures, I see 9-7 maybe better

You guys that are predicting less, are simply bitter from losing 15 straight years.

This may be the best DEFENSE in Team history.....and we don't even have Kiko

Also, wait and see, The Bills will add another quarterback before the season officially starts, probably from the final 53

EJ Manuel DOES NOT keep me up at night.......

I hope you right, but I am in a wait and see mode, have been for a few seasons now.

I don't see a playoff team right now. But I hope for the best as always.

I actually think the Oline will be good with Henderson and Glenn on the outside.

Yeah, but we really need the interior to be good.

This is the third year in a row I've heard this team has talent for the first time in 15 years.

It just goes to show how weak our rosters have been in the past!

Let me preface this by saying that you're a good poster and I don't mean this as a diss...

Why tomorrow's game of all games? If they play really well and light it up, it won't mean a darn thing.

To me, the first 4-6 weeks of the season will tell us what this team has, not another meaningless game.

Know what I mean?

Yup I sure do. But the "dress rehearsal" game is the first time this preseason where the 1's will be in there together for at least a half, against the 1's of the other team instead of for a series or two while spending the rest of the game trying to figure out who to cut. This will be at least one concerted half of effort by both teams.

If they light it up does it mean superbowl? No (thought no doubt you will see posts proclaiming that :) ). But it does indicate that the 1's are starting to get their **** together and are capable of playing quality football. If they fall flat, it doesn't mean the end of the world. But with the regular season only a few weeks away it doesn't bode well at least for the start of the season.

imo it's not play calling I'm worried about. It's executing the play calls. Go bills!

I'm very concerned over the play calling, and scheme.

Very predictable up the middle runs with two RB's that aren't smash mouth, up the gut RB's. A 'hurry up" type offense that was basically a "hurry up and punt" offense because they couldn't sustain drives. The Bills were almost last in the league in three downs and out. An offense that managed to wear out their own defense by the fourth quarter because the offense couldn't stay on the field. That predictable run game that was shut down so often it put the rookie QB in third, and long far, far to often.

So yeah, I'm very concerned!

Bills OC Nate Hackett was also an NFL rookie last year and it showed. Lets hope he does better this year.

Edited by FeartheLosing

This team was good enough to be 8-8 last year. Maybe even 9-7.

The problem is, they have not figured out how to put teams away. When they get that right, they will stun the league. It starts this year.

How many years have we been saying this?

Putting teams away is largely a function of having a clutch, franchise QB, and other clutch players. I am not sure we have that yet.

I'm very concerned over the play calling, and scheme.

Very predictable up the middle runs with two RB's that aren't smash mouth, up the gut RB's. A 'hurry up" type offense that was basically a "hurry up and punt" offense because they couldn't sustain drives. The Bills were almost last in the league in three downs and out. An offense that managed to wear out their own defense by the fourth quarter because the offense couldn't stay on the field. That predictable run game that was shut down so often it put the rookie QB in third, and long far, far to often.

So yeah, I'm very concerned!

Bills OC Nate Hackett was also an NFL rookie last year and it showed. Lets hope he does better this year.

I wish the Bills would pass on first down. Seems like they run 99% of the time.

This team has the talent to go 9-7 or 10-6...But as far as actual execution we'll see...

I really think the key to this Bills season is how effectively they run the ball, because like it or not that is the very core of what Marrone/Hackett want to do...And I'm not talking about being a top 10 rushing team stat-wise like they were last year...I'm talking about being a team that can run the ball effectively, especially on 1st down...

The Bills averaged 3.9 yards per carry on 1st down last season...In comparison they averaged 4.8 yards on 2nd down...

The SB Champ Seahawks averaged 4.7 yards per carry on 1st down...The #1 rushing team in the NFL last year was Philly, and they averaged 5.1 yards on 1st down...The ability to run the ball effectively and consistently on 1st down is important enough for teams that don't rely on the running game nearly as much as the Bills do...For Buffalo it's beyond essential because of Marrone and Hackett's philosophy...

If they can improve the running game on 1st down it will take a ton of pressure off EJ...I really think that's the key to the Bills success on Offense in 2014...And if the Bills have success on Offense they have a chance to be a pretty decent team... B-)

How many years have we been saying this?

Putting teams away is largely a function of having a clutch, franchise QB, and other clutch players. I am not sure we have that yet.

It sure would help if the Bills could score points after a turnover. Its a huge problem.

This team has the talent to go 9-7 or 10-6...But as far as actual execution we'll see...

I really think the key to this Bills season is how effectively they run the ball, because like it or not that is the very core of what Marrone/Hackett want to do...And I'm not talking about being a top 10 rushing team stat-wise like they were last year...I'm talking about being a team that can run the ball effectively, especially on 1st down...

The Bills averaged 3.9 yards per carry on 1st down last season...In comparison they averaged 4.8 yards on 2nd down...

The SB Champ Seahawks averaged 4.7 yards per carry on 1st down...The #1 rushing team in the NFL last year was Philly, and they averaged 5.1 yards on 1st down...The ability to run the ball effectively and consistently on 1st down is important enough for teams that don't rely on the running game nearly as much as the Bills do...For Buffalo it's beyond essential because of Marrone and Hackett's philosophy...

If they can improve the running game on 1st down it will take a ton of pressure off EJ...I really think that's the key to the Bills success on Offense in 2014...And if the Bills have success on Offense they have a chance to be a pretty decent team... B-)

I think we run RUN TO MUCH on first down, we need to mix it up once in a while, its very predictable.

Edited by HOUSE

I think we run RUN TO MUCH on first down, we need to mix it up once in a while, its very predictable.

Talk to Hackett and Marrone... ;)

I'm merely assuming what seems to be obvious...That's what they want to do on Offense...That's the identity they want...They want to be a run 1st team...So...If in fact that's what they want to be, they better damn well be good at it or this team is toast... B-)