Hackett

I just watched the Hackett interview and it was both sickening and frightening. He actually verbally stated "we just want to take what the defense gives us". That's not out of context to make him look bad because as you watch he was gleefully extolling the virtues of checking down and not forcing the issue in fear of EJ throwing interceptions. Yet they wonder why Manuel thinks he has to be perfect all the time???? I'm officially worried that we are screwed with Hackett this season.

If this is truly Hackett's philosophy that he's going to take for the 2014 season then Marrone should fire him right now because Manuel is toast which in turn means that Marrone will be toast. Bill Parcells once told Phil Simms that if you aren't throwing interceptions then you're a worthless QB because you're not ballsy enough to become a great QB. You're basically being a kitty cat. What we have is an OC who is gleeful with pride when his QB checks down and takes what the defense is giving him. Because we have Jackson and Dixon and Spiller who can run after the catch! How many times did that happen last year 5 times?

You can not be a successful QB (or a successful team for that matter) in this league if you refuse to challenge a defense with the deep ball on a consistent basis.

Here's the interview,. If you want to feel sick start watching at the 2:25 mark...

http://www.buffalobi...f2-924b9fd287ce

I still think they shoulda kept Lamonica..

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I have come to the dark side...last year I gave him some slack and the benefit of the doubt being a rookie OC in the NFL with a young team. But now, the S.O.B. has lost me and has brought back the migraines Chan used to give me when he blow a game because of atrocious play calling.

Hackett has no idea to call this offense or use the talent on this team. Just like Chan would abandon a run game averaging 7 ypc in the first half racking up all our points to just throw 4 INTS with Fitz in the 2nd half and only like 6 times. Hackett is equally mind boggling, and I reaaaaaalllllyyyy hope he gets a clue in the next 2 weeks.

Ok, I have come to the dark side...last year I gave him some slack and the benefit of the doubt being a rookie OC in the NFL with a young team. But now, the S.O.B. has lost me and has brought back the migraines Chan used to give me when he blow a game because of atrocious play calling.

Hackett has no idea to call this offense or use the talent on this team. Just like Chan would abandon a run game averaging 7 ypc in the first half racking up all our points to just throw 4 INTS with Fitz in the 2nd half and only like 6 times. Hackett is equally mind boggling, and I reaaaaaalllllyyyy hope he gets a clue in the next 2 weeks.

As much as I think Hackett has to be swept out with Marrone now, and I do, who among us can say that we were totally focused on our work when we were preoccupied with asking the right girl to prom?

By using the term "Dark Side", You may have inadvertently plugged DC Schwartz as the next head coach...

"Schwartz", after all, means "Black" in German... "The Schwartz" was also the invisible power from the movie "Spaceballs"

If this defense continues to perform, "the Schwartz" will be a shoe-in for the next HC... In which case, I'll be glad he's "with us".

Edited by #34fan

You guys need to realize this is preseason. They aren't going to show anybody anything. Don't get on the O-Coordinator before the season starts! If the Bills are scoring under 14 points a game after 4 games you can start. If you want to be upset about something get made at the O-line and the penalties, although most of the penalty calls were terrible.

You guys need to realize this is preseason. They aren't going to show anybody anything. Don't get on the O-Coordinator before the season starts! If the Bills are scoring under 14 points a game after 4 games you can start. If you want to be upset about something get made at the O-line and the penalties, although most of the penalty calls were terrible.

The first team offense going 0-18 scoring TD's against 4 separate first team defenses means they've done a great job not showing anything to the Bears for week 1.