CJ on mike schop and The Bulldog

hullhawk

Did Anyone else catch that interview? I don't know if its possible but it might be the first time I've actually heard a CJ spiller interview, cause he is one cool cat. Very funny and witty. And I LOVED it when Cj called out the Hosts and asked for a prediction on how many wins that they thought the Bills would have this season.

Edited by hullhawk

Did Anyone else catch that interview? I don't know if its possible but it might be the first time I've actually heard a CJ spiller interview, cause he is one cool cat. Very funny and witty. And I LVOED it when Cj called out the Host and asked for a prediction on how many wins that they thought the Bills would have this season.

what did they answer to that question? And did it go down like the time EJ asked graham and skurski if they thought the Bills should draft another QB in the 1st rd this year?

what did they answer to that question? And did it go down like the time EJ asked graham and skurski if they thought the Bills should draft another QB in the 1st rd this year?

First, the interview was great. CJ was very funny. He's such a good guy. Schopp started the whole thing saying that he was putting (or had already put down) a$100 in Vegas for CJ to win the league MVP award, at 200-1 odds. Then Spiller asked them for a prediction. To his credit, Bulldog didn't back down when put on the spot and said 6-10. CJ took it well but just kept on questioning him. Then Schopp was hemming and hawing for a bit before he said 8-8. CJ was again just a good sport.

You can't take what CJ says too often simply because he is so positive all of the time and everything and everyone is great. That is not a criticism of him, he's just a great guy. But he will rarely if ever criticize anything or anyone. He does love playing in Buffalo and his teammates and coaches. That's fairly obvious.

That is so great that CJ confronted those two turds. Players don't live in a vacuum. They listen to radio and probably lurk here too. They know what people say about them

Props to Bulldog for not backing off his prediction but what a two-faced wuss Schopp is. Nothing worse than someone who talks crap when you are not around then pusses out when you confront them.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

He did an interview with Brent Axe and Chris McManus on ESPN in Syracuse about five minutes before the WGR interview as well. It was the pretty much the same, except for a little friendly trash talking about Clemson vs Cuse coming up in October and without any of Schopp's pessimism. He's definitely a great interview.

That is so great that CJ confronted those two turds. Players don't live in a vacuum. They listen to radio and probably lurk here too. They know what people say about them

Props to Bulldog for not backing off his prediction but what a two-faced wuss Schopp is. Nothing worse than someone who talks crap when you are not around then pusses out when you confront them.

Which just goes to prove what a DB Mike Schopp is. I have hard him say repeatedly that he dosnt see the Bills winning more than 6 Games. But CJ asks him, and all of a sudden we pull out 2 games.

CJ sounded a little dumfounded that these guys aren't expecting a better season.

I love the way CJ answered about getting a new contract. Kind of like you been dating and now were gonna see about getting married. Money talks here in other words.

One of the most entertaining Bills player interviews I've heard. That was great.

He is definitely not always like that. Caught him in an awesome mood

I don't really get most of the Schopp/BD hate around here. Sounds like a bunch of fanboys who are just mad that they don't ignore this team's history

Edited by FluffHead

One of the most entertaining Bills player interviews I've heard. That was great.

I don't really get most of the Schopp/BD hate around here. Sounds like a bunch of fanboys who are just mad that they don't ignore this team's history

Only speaking for myself, Schoop just reeks d bag. He is offended if you ask him how are you doing. He openly states he is not a football fan. So you are a fanboy if you think a prime time sports radio host in a city with a NFL team should like football? Why does Buffalo have to settle for lesser quality.

He's good at talking about tennis and collecting cards. Give him a time slot to do that. By why not put a guy who actually likes the sport at 3-6 pm? And I could care less about the Bulldog. He is ok but he basically a puppet.

Only speaking for myself, Schoop just reeks d bag. He is offended if you ask him how are you doing. He openly states he is not a football fan. So you are a fanboy if you think a prime time sports radio host in a city with a NFL team should like football? Why does Buffalo have to settle for lesser quality.

He's good at talking about tennis and collecting cards. Give him a time slot to do that. By why not put a guy who actually likes the sport at 3-6 pm? And I could care less about the Bulldog. He is ok but he basically a puppet.

Ok I can respect that argument.

I have heard about the "how are you" thing but never heard it. I have noticed BD is always the one to say "good thanks".

Whether he likes the sport or not is not prerequisite for me, as long as he can drive the conversation and also be thoughtful on how football effects higher level things like the culture, economy, etc and I think he does an adequate job at that.

The callers they are disrespectful to are often idiots so I could care less about that.

Not saying he is the best but I certainly don't think he deserves the hate.

I have heard about the "how are you" thing but never heard it. I have noticed BD is always the one to say "good thanks".

Whether he likes the sport or not is not prerequisite for me, as long as he can drive the conversation and also be thoughtful on how football effects higher level things like the culture, economy, etc and I think he does an adequate job at that.

The callers they are disrespectful to are often idiots so I could care less about that.

Solid counter. Just my opinions.

1) he claims that stating how you are doing slows down the show. In the big scheme of things not a majors deal, but IMO, that is a total bag move and someone I would struggle to respect.

2) as to your point about him not caring football but able to generate a good football discussion is valid. But often, he doesn't.

And do you honestly believe any NFL market would have to settle for a prime time host who rather talk tennis than football? Buffalo settles far to often when there are plenty of young and up comers who would love Schoop's job.

It helps if you actually know something about the sports you cover. Otherwise it's nothing but "I think..." answers which are often lame. I hear other sports talk stations, like WEEI Boston, GR's sister station, that bring in ex-players to talk about what the Pats and Sox are doing. But in Buffalo we get these two dweebs talking about the Lego Movie when they aren't asking how miserable the local teams are.

Edited by PromoTheRobot