Go Ditka

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is why we do not put many football players in front of a camera. The truth may be told but it will likely rub you like sandpaper.

Also, if this can make it 24 hours and not end up in PPP or locked, I will be amazed.

This is why we do not put many football players in front of a camera. The truth may be told but it will likely rub you like sandpaper.

Also, if this can make it 24 hours and not end up in PPP or locked, I will be amazed.

It'll be lucky to make it past noon.

Guest Diesel-USMC

Highly likely to go there ....

For a moment it will ride here.

How long before Ditka issues a public apology?

By force or by choice?

Guest Diesel-USMC

He's so eloquent and what impeccable logic!

Liberals bad! Bigotry good!

Logical, technically. Eloquent, no.

He's so eloquent and what impeccable logic!

Liberals bad! Bigotry good!

Ha ha, well said Dean. It's a little weird that people want to give him a big pat on the back for being a bigot. He is certainly ignorant on the topic as his comments clearly indicate. The issue isn't that it offends people that look like me, the issue is that it offends the Native Americans. This isn't "political correctness" it's human decency.

Ha ha, well said Dean. It's a little weird that people want to give him a big pat on the back for being a bigot. He is certainly ignorant on the topic as his comments clearly indicate. The issue isn't that it offends people that look like me, the issue is that it offends the Native Americans. This isn't "political correctness" it's human decency.

There's no room for decency in Ditka's NFL, you pansy!

Guest Diesel-USMC

Soo...bigotry is logical?

Don't make it something it's not.

It's a ridiculous disagreement when not even 3/4 of the questioned population think its a derogatory term, its easy to look up the history behind the name, and the fact that, with the 3,457 things that could be focused on to fix in this country, we decide to emphasize this after 60+ years. Human decency is monitoring the smut we provide our children over mass media, helping those unable to help themselves, ect. It is not changing the name of a sports team because 1 out of 10 people don't agree with it. If we allow the smut to come from television and music in the name of free speech and art, this name is no different.

It's easy for someone to cling to catch all titles such as liberal and conservative because it makes it easy for them to form our opinions. But at some point, you have to say "wait a minute, how does this make sense".

All I am saying is, if you start changing everything over a very minute number of people dont like it. Especially something as petty as a professional sports team name, then get ready to change quite a bit because we've all got the honey do lists of things we don't like.

If I were the Redskins would I change the name? Most likely I would, but forcing them too because we can.....well,that's not the right way to do it. So, Ditkas statement about political correctness making messes out of things, is 97% true.

From what I've read, the term Redskin was not originally a word used as a derogatory title.

Nothing he said was bigotry. He never used the term to describe the Native American population. His comment was on the absurdity of the bickering.

Edited by ninja rooster

Don't make it something it's not.

It's a ridiculous disagreement when not even 3/4 of the questioned population think its a derogatory term, its easy to look up the history behind the name, and the fact that, with the 3,457 things that could be focused on to fix in this country, we decide to emphasize this after 60+ years. Human decency is monitoring the smut we provide our children over mass media, helping those unable to help themselves, ect. It is not changing the name of a sports team because 1 out of 10 people don't agree with it. If we allow the smut to come from television and music in the name of free speech and art, this name is no different.

It's easy for someone to cling to catch all titles such as liberal and conservative because it makes it easy for them to form our opinions. But at some point, you have to say "wait a minute, how does this make sense".

All I am saying is, if you start changing everything over a very minute number of people dont like it. Especially something as petty as a professional sports team name, then get ready to change quite a bit because we've all got the honey do lists of things we don't like.

If I were the Redskins would I change the name? Most likely I would, but forcing them too because we can.....well,that's not the right way to do it. So, Ditkas statement about political correctness making messes out of things, is 97% true.

The only people who count in the poll are Native Americans. You could have done a poll in the south in the 60's and found that people didn't find the N word derogatory.I'd love to see the methodology and the instrument to see where these findngs come from.

I'm 57 years old. In my lifetime I that word has always been a derogatory term. (BTW, the origin of the term is in dispute, but it hasn't' been complementary for years, if it ever was.) I would never even think of calling a Native American a "redskin" to his/her face. I'm not an ignorant fool.

Naming a team Redskins is different than a team named The Indians and quite different that a team named The Chiefs. Chiefs is an honorarium. So is Braves. Indians may now be in dispute, but it isn't a derogatory term for Native Americans, just a sloppy one, and maybe should be changed, too. You might name a team The Jews, but would you name them The Kikes? Of course not.

The absolute worst argument one can use is that the name has been used since 1932. Since when has historical bigotry been a defense of bigotry? We have evolved. Why must the recognition of the rights, and feelings of those who aren't white, Christian, etc always be fought as if it is a completely new thing? Why must these old ways be defended until the bitter end. Maybe conservatives would have a bigger base if they became proactive on some of these issues. Get in front of a social issue, for once---and not one that drags us back into the 50's.

The funny thing is, Snyder could have been a hero in this and made a TON of money. Think of all the money he would have made on new gear? Now it's the inevitable with another old rich white guy backing the wrong side. A shame, really.

Mike Ditka's proof that there has been a concussion problem in the NFL for a long time.

"Redskins" isn't a liberal construct, it's a racial slur. Anyone defending that idiocy should be asked to go visit a native american tribe and refer to them repeatedly as "redskins".

Maybe when LA gets a team they can be called the "Yellow Bastards" or the "Blackies"

Idiot........