Why Worst QB Depth Chart When Terrelle Pryor was Available?

Lots of posters seem to miss the larger point:

Whether you prefer EJ or Terrelle as a prospect, our depth behind EJ is horrible and we could have fixed that by bringing in a dynamic athlete at little to no cost.

Ironically, for all of those posters ridiculing Pryor, one reason they may have decided against bringing him in is because it may have eroded EJ's confidence by causing him to look over his shoulder at the superior athlete and college QB.

I don't disagree...And I'm far from thinking Pryor is a world beater...And I do feel EJ will be the better NFL QB between the two when it's all said and done...

I do however feel Pryor has a ton more upside than Lewis or Tuel...I think he would have provided far more confidence in case EJ went down again...And he does have enough talent to push EJ which should, in theory, make EJ a better QB in time... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I may add something of value here; Pryor got those stats as a 3rd teamer against likely camp cuts. I watched the last Hawks game and his massive run was impressive, but he's sitting behind Tarvaris Jackson as the 3rd string QB in Seattle. Anyone clamoring for TJax?

He's done some spectacular things but is very raw. EJ is also very raw yet has not done anything spectacular. Personally, I think both are insanely risky and can't be anointed starters, but I would rather take the risk of Pryor. At least he'd entertain us with spectacular plays once in a while.

Lots of posters seem to miss the larger point:

Whether you prefer EJ or Terrelle as a prospect, our depth behind EJ is horrible and we could have fixed that by bringing in a dynamic athlete at little to no cost.

Ironically, for all of those posters ridiculing Pryor, one reason they may have decided against bringing him in is because it may have eroded EJ's confidence by causing him to look over his shoulder at the superior athlete and college QB.

If this effects your QB's confidence or are afraid it might you start looking for a new QB right away!

Edited by A Dog Named Kelso

I believe that the answer is that our brain trust felt that they had 2 backups that showed enough last year that, with reps in camp/pre-season, one of the 2 would round into form.

So far: FAIL

To bring in this guy or that guy ahead of their understanding their oversight (last weekend) would only take reps away and we would never truly get to see the full suck of both backups.

Unfortunately, it took us getting here for them to finally understand that we have big time QB problems. I think something will be done. I am sure there's a short list at OBD of QB's they'd like to see hit the mkt.

I believe that the answer is that our brain trust felt that they had 2 backups that showed enough last year that, with reps in camp/pre-season, one of the 2 would round into form.

So far: FAIL

To bring in this guy or that guy ahead of their understanding their oversight (last weekend) would only take reps away and we would never truly get to see the full suck of both backups.

Unfortunately, it took us getting here for them to finally understand that we have big time QB problems. I think something will be done. I am sure there's a short list at OBD of QB's they'd like to see hit the mkt.

This is reasonably what I think is happening

I kinda like Pryor too, but I don't think his prescence would really help our QB situation all that much.

Actually, I think the presence of a QB with prescience would help our situation out immensely. I'm sure he'd be great at reading defenses.

I think something will be done. I am sure there's a short list at OBD of QB's they'd like to see hit the mkt.

I suspect nothing will be done. Dixon will be cut and we'll roll with what we got. Not saying I like it, but that's just what I think will probably happen. My only fear is that Coach Marrone will crown Tuel Time as 2nd string.

Besides I don't think our QB situation is as dire as advertised on TBD. If the defense improves and with the much improved hands on the team and a stout run game, I think EJ will be fine. Not Peyton Manning, but definitely good enough to manage us to a non losing record at least. And if/when he gets hurt, Thaddeus will win a few games for us like he did last year.

Now, if Tuel Time gets in, all bets are off.

I would like to see us bring in someone good enough to be 2A from guys that get cut like Terrell Pryor, Tarvaris Jackson, Christian Ponder, Carson Palmer's brother, or Joe Webb.