[please fix subject]Well it settled EJ is A bust coach SAL says so

hullhawk

Was listening to GR on the irde home yesterday and "COACH" Sal stated emphatically and categorially that EJ was NEVER going to be any better that a LOW 60% completion percentage QB. It's over.

Lets bring in TEBOW! :doh:

This is a pretty broad misrepresentation concerning Sal's opinion of EJ...Sal has been...mostly...an EJ defender...He compares EJ's upside to Steve McNair...Yes he thinks EJ will never be a QB that challenges a 70% completion rate, but he also does not believe that will be a bust...He's never even come close to saying that and I listen to the guy all the time... B-)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This board gets worse and worse everyday. If you dont like what the thread is about then dont !@#$in read it and reply to it. 60% of the replys to any thread on this board are either bitching about someone starting a new thread, "IN", or bashing the OP for his opinion or take on the situation he is writing about. Why can the mods fix this? Or atleast adress it.

This board gets worse and worse everyday. If you dont like what the thread is about then dont !@#$in read it and reply to it. 60% of the replys to any thread on this board are either bitching about someone starting a new thread, "IN", or bashing the OP for his opinion or take on the situation he is writing about. Why can the mods fix this? Or atleast adress it.

Yea or giving their opinion based on the OP incorrect post. What is up with people?!

I heard Sal talking about it as well. Here is what i gathered:

-He said that when the Bills drafted him, they knew they weren't getting the most accurate guy in the world and that he believes his ceiling would be about 60%.

-It's not fair to call him captain checkdown because he was taking what was given.

-He's seen some progress but wishes EJ was better at certain things.

IMO, it was a pretty fair assessment. He never said bust. He was just trying to say that we should never expect him to be elite with accuracy, but that could still end up being a good QB if he continues to work at and hone the skills he does have.

Exactly! Compared him to Steve McNair. I love the comparison

To be fair, Jim Kelly was of a different era.....so lets look at last seasons QB performances.

Below is the list of QBs that had a 64.5 or lower completion percentage in 2013.

Nick Foles

Russell Wilson

Tony Romo

Big Ben

Colin Kap..

Sam Bradford

Jay Cutler

Alex Smith

Andy Dalton

Cam Newton

Tom Brady

Andrew Luck

Mat Stafford

Carson Palmer

Mike Glennon

RG3

Fitz

Ryan Tannehill

Matt Cassell

Kellen Clemmens

Chris Ponder

EJ

Jason Campbell

Chad Henne

Joe Flacco

Matt Schaub

Brandon Wheedon

Eli Manning

Terrelle Prior

Geno Smith

Hmmm....bit of a moronic statement really.

By the OP. Coach Sal didn't call him a bust.

All the tools are there, now it's up to Hackett to coach and come up with plays that suit them. Sadly, this is where we probably fail.

EJ will still be the fall guy until he signs with another team and does better than he does in a bills uniform.

I do question hackett more and more as the back up qb's were "serviceable" last year but have shown a great deal of regression this year. Not sure I'd that's on him or the new qb coach but they have fallen off.

I think it was 99.9% the way some people like to think of him

It's a different game compared to Kelly's era.

EJ is AFRAID, and plays like he doesn't want to throw a pick regardless of the cost-Just like Trent Edwards.

Exactly! Compared him to Steve McNair. I love the comparison

McNair had ******ATTITUDE******

EJ is a wuss.

:thumbsup:

Tebow sucks WAY worse than EJ, and that ain't sayin' much.

EJ will not be a bust.

he will be mediocre (Top 20-25)

That is the Karma you generate when you pick a third round project in the first round.

You're complaining on a thread about people complaining on a thread. Somebody should start a thread about this.

By the OP. Coach Sal didn't call him a bust.

I wasn't making comment on the bust aspect, purely the "low 60% completion" aspect.

To highlight that as some sort of benchmark when so many successful QBs in the league do not reach it......it makes one wonder what the point was suppose to be. In essence it was a pointless statement.

I wasn't making comment on the bust aspect, purely the "low 60% completion" aspect.

To highlight that as some sort of benchmark when so many successful QBs in the league do not reach it......it makes one wonder what the point was suppose to be. In essence it was a pointless statement.

Yeah I think if he said "under 50%" that would be 1.) a Damning Statement and 2.) a better benchmark of a "bust".

In this case low 60% is not a horrible place to be and I don't think in any way to Coach Sal mean it EJ is a bust because of that, simply that will be his ceiling of completion percentage in Coch Sal's opinion, for whatever that is worth.

Yeah I think if he said "under 50%" that would be 1.) a Damning Statement and 2.) a better benchmark of a "bust".

In this case low 60% is not a horrible place to be and I don't think in any way to Coach Sal mean it EJ is a bust because of that, simply that will be his ceiling of completion percentage in Coch Sal's opinion, for whatever that is worth.

It does make it difficult not seeing the whole dialog. It could potentially be a totally reasonable thing to say. For instance, if he was listing/grading each area of EJ's play, to conclude that he would never have a completion percentage above low 60s might just be a matter of fact(or opinion as the case may be).....and not necessarily an intended insult, simply pointing out he isn't going to have Peyton type accuracy.

I'm thinking I should retract my initial reaction to the comment(until I see the complete dialog).

Edited by Dibs