Available QBs ... Slim pickings ?

Since there is a consensus on TBD that our QB situation is, well, downright pathetic, I thought it would be safe to list the FA QBs left at this late in the game (it's scary): David Garrard, Jim Kitna, Seneca Wallace, Kevin Kolb, Nick Stephens, Josh Freeman.

Looks like this was one failure by Whaley and company.

Edited by biggerdaddynj

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its pretty obvious that a good solid starting QB would not be unsigned at this point of the season. The best route would be to trade for a quarterback that becomes a free agent next season.

I for one like Ryan Mallett for a number of reasons

Strong and accurate arm and he is a leader in the huddle.

He also can read a defense.....I miss that in Buffalo

-

Edited by HOUSE

Nope. EJ is it this season. You are in the 3rd week of August. Its over. EJ is all you are going to have this year. Period. This ain't fantasy football. He'll be fine. Needs lots and lots of reps that one. And he will get them. The weeklong beatdown in Pittsburgh was exactly what this team needed. Now back to work.

Nope. EJ is it this season. You are in the 3rd week of August. Its over. EJ is all you are going to have this year. Period. This ain't fantasy football. He'll be fine. Needs lots and lots of reps that one. And he will get them. The weeklong beatdown in Pittsburgh was exactly what this team needed. Now back to work.

Agreed, but we need a better back up. Whaley needs to quit avoiding a vet signing because it may threaten EJ.

Pretty sure Ponder will be available. He looks like a cut because doubt they keep him as the 3rd QB.

Good point. Ponder could be a good pickup if cut

We'll since this thread was started...

I thought Mallet looked great against the Eagles. He seems to have a cannon, and is pretty accurate with it.

Mallet isn't available and I don't want to trade with pats. Why does his name keep coming up?

Its pretty obvious that a good solid starting QB would not be unsigned at this point of the season. The best route would be to trade for a quarterback that becomes a free agent next season.

I for one like Ryan Mallett for a number of reasons

Strong and accurate arm and he is a leader in the huddle.

He also can read a defense.....I miss that in Buffalo

What has he shown in his NFL career to make you believe these things?