Tale of Qbs Big Ben & EJ

Which WR core do you think is better the Bills this year or the Pats last year? Brady would throw for 5,000 yards with the Bills WR core.

I would hope Brady would out play ANY second year QB. But Brady clearly did not play like himself last year, way more errant passes on his part that was all I was saying. He looked much more human without his all-star cast. Don't get me wrong with EJ, I know he's got things he needs to improve upon, but I don't believe he's as bad as many say on this board. If you take out the year he got hurt in the first game, it was his worst QB rating since 2003.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would hope Brady would out play ANY second year QB. But Brady clearly did not play like himself last year, way more errant passes on his part that was all I was saying. He looked much more human without his all-star cast. Don't get me wrong with EJ, I know he's got things he needs to improve upon, but I don't believe he's as bad as many say on this board. If you take out the year he got hurt in the first game, it was his worst QB rating since 2003.

The point that I was making is that if Brady had the Bills weapons instead of the Pats weapons his numbers would have been even greater. He wasn't nearly as good last year but played with trash. The Bills have tons of weapons and a suspect QB.

The point that I was making is that if Brady had the Bills weapons instead of the Pats weapons his numbers would have been even greater. He wasn't nearly as good last year but played with trash. The Bills have tons of weapons and a suspect QB.

I understand. To be fair most QBs going into their second season are suspect QBs.

I think this two party position regarding our QBs evaluation is obvious, and is evident when you ask nonBills fans,they can see a prospect QB developing for us in EJ, I just got that.comment in a cowboys forum...guys, just chillax...s fr3@king preseason for a reason...

Edited by Kent H Jr

Unfortunately EJ and Ben are playing in the exact same game. The Bills will have the lesser of the two starting QBs in just about every game they play (except maybe Oakland and Houston). With that being said the rest of the team has to be that much better than their opponent to offset it.

I agree with your criteria for judging him and unfortunately he doesn't go through his reads quickly, hence the ball doesn't get out on time and he is woefully inaccurate. I am not an EJ hater, I gave him about a 30% chance of being the franchise guy around the draft. After the last few months I am moving that down to 20%. I just don't see the progress.

I give him a higher percentage that 20% but I am concerned. His mechanics look better this year and he is still young. I expect him to improve as the year goes. But I must say that no tds in 3 games worries me.

Manual has the tools, just got to out it together

Some can't stand anything but "_____ player is great!" when it comes to the Bills (or whatever team they follow). This is particularly true of a player that is going to have to be very good if the team is going to be able to compete. And that is how they express themselves. Nothing new and generally not worth worrying about.

Sounds pretty combative to me.

Or people can use a little common sense......instead of spewing negative garbage everywhere every chance they get......

EJ wasnt even bad while he was in the game......which makes all this crap even worse

- There were some good accurate throws out there.......

- They were NOT all checkdowns

- QB's are going to throw intereceptions.....its a fact

- Ben R. is a VERY GOOD veteran QB......I mean come on the comparison is beyond stupid right now

- I saw a LOT of 3rd down converstions out there....a HUGE program from last year

THen there is the absolutely stupid degrading of EJ's physical talents like his arm strength.....anyone with a brain should bail on that argement immediately.....but people are piling on like sheep

Just cuz it's Monday. I have not had the time to read all the pages of this thread. So I hope someone has said this (and more than likely this will be my only post of the day):

3 quick points

The long td was not on Ej. This was on the secondary. Yes, roth threw it. But le'ts be honest, it was just a quick slant and the wr did the rest. Let's be honest here. Not on Ej.

Ej threw a bad int. Sure. Their lb made an awesome play to int.

Has anybody pointed out the fact the Ben thew a horrible pass too that was dropped by the bill linebacker. Our lb did not catch the easy int.

As you can see from lines 2 and 3, the stats/game would be different if the bill intercepts the easy pass and the steeler drops the more difficult int....

Ps. First half stats

12 buff first downs, 5 pitt

212 total yards buff, 138 pitt

bills time of possesion 20:42, pitt 9:18 (We are improving big time in the 3-and-out bs)

What I take from this game is not any knock on Ej. Hell no. Our secondary is a concern is what I took from this game.

Just cuz it's Monday. I have not had the time to read all the pages of this thread. So I hope someone has said this (and more than likely this will be my only post of the day):

3 quick points

The long td was not on Ej. This was on the secondary. Yes, roth threw it. But le'ts be honest, it was just a quick slant and the wr did the rest. Let's be honest here. Not on Ej.

Ej threw a bad int. Sure. Their lb made an awesome play to int.

Has anybody pointed out the fact the Ben thew a horrible pass too that was dropped by the bill linebacker. Our lb did not catch the easy int.

As you can see from lines 2 and 3, the stats/game would be different if the bill intercepts the easy pass and the steeler drops the more difficult int....

Ps. First half stats

12 buff first downs, 5 pitt

212 total yards buff, 138 pitt

bills time of possesion 20:42, pitt 9:18 (We are improving big time in the 3-and-out bs)

What I take from this game is not any knock on Ej. Hell no. Our secondary is a concern is what I took from this game.

Well done Clip and I agree with your post Buffalo outplayed Pitt. in the 1st half , but our secondary was horrible.

I don't know how many more. I've seen nothing that indicates he can even be a average qb in the NFL. I'm really, really worried.

Wow. Really?

The 20 yard strike last week hitting Logan in stride on the sideline. If that was Goodwin, that's a td, no doubt.

The game winning drives from last year as a rookie.

Barely having any 3 and outs this year.

He cant even be average??? That is just too much. Just go ahead and say you hate the guy. But to not see ANYTHING, is not seeing ANYTHING at all....

Where are the Tds John ? Zero so far. As far as arm strength. I haven`t seen much. Dart thrower and high looping deep ball. Tuel last year threw the ball farther in a team competition with E.J. Where are the Tds ?

So it is EJ's fault that they want to run the ball in the red zone.........I mean is this where you are at as a fan?

- Cant complain he doesnt throw deep

- Cant complain that he doesnt convert 3rd downs

- Cant complain that he is indecisive with the ball

Its like we are LOOKING for reasons.....now its touchdowns....so when he throws some touchdowns what will be the next bitching point?

So it is EJ's fault that they want to run the ball in the red zone.........I mean is this where you are at as a fan?

- Cant complain he doesnt throw deep

- Cant complain that he doesnt convert 3rd downs

- Cant complain that he is indecisive with the ball

Its like we are LOOKING for reasons.....now its touchdowns....so when he throws some touchdowns what will be the next bitching point?

BUT, BUT, BUT HE'S NOT PEYTON MANNING, HE WEARS A VISOR, HE STARES DOWN RECEIVERS, HE HAS BAD BODY LANGUAGE, HE HAS SLOW EYES, HE'S DONATING $500 FOR EVERY TD (WHAT A CHEAPSKATE), HE SUCKS AT THE READ OPTION, HE DOESN'T HAND THE BALL OFF RIGHT, HE DOESN'T PUT HIS MOUTHPIECE IN ON RUN PLAYS, HE'S NOT ACCURATE, HE'S NOT BIG BEN, HE'S NOT BRADY, HE DOESN'T SHOW GOOD LEADERSHIP. Whew! I'm tired, I'm sure I forgot some but that was off the top of my head.

EDIT: i REMEMBERED A FEW MORE, HE DOESN'T SLIDE, AND GETS INJURED TOO MUCH.

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS

BUT, BUT, BUT HE'S NOT PEYTON MANNING, HE WEARS A VISOR, HE STARES DOWN RECEIVERS, HE HAS BAD BODY LANGUAGE, HE HAS SLOW EYES, HE'S DONATING $500 FOR EVERY TD (WHAT A CHEAPSKATE), HE SUCKS AT THE READ OPTION, HE DOESN'T HAND THE BALL OFF RIGHT, HE DOESN'T PUT HIS MOUTHPIECE IN ON RUN PLAYS, HE'S NOT ACCURATE, HE'S NOT BIG BEN, HE'S NOT BRADY, HE DOESN'T SHOW GOOD LEADERSHIP. Whew! I'm tired, I'm sure I forgot some but that was off the top of my head.

FWIW, our people don't use caps quite so much. Those are for the knuckledragger crowd of EJ haters/Tebow lovers.