Reporters arrested in Ferguson, MO

Note to "journalists" in Ferguson; your work ID and/or the 1st amendment are not "I don't have to obey police in a riot" cards.

Color me naive here, but I have a feeling, when all is said and done, it won't be the reporter learning a lesson here.

Note to "journalists" in Ferguson; your work ID and/or the 1st amendment are not "I don't have to obey police in a riot" cards.

Cops everywhere are getting out of control. They are arming police departments like a branch of the military. And if they kill someone they immediately cover up the facts. You can go to jail for videoing a policeman in a public venue. Frightening and totally against the Constitution.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Rockets, moon shots

Spend it on the have-nots

Money, we make it

'Fore we see it, you'll take it

Oh, make you wanna holler

The way they do my life

Make me wanna holler

The way they do my life

This ain't livin', this ain't livin'

No, no baby, this ain't livin'

No, no, no, no

Inflation, no chance

To increase finance

Bills pile up, sky high

Send that boy off to die

Oh, make me wanna holler

The way they do my life

Make me wanna holler

The way they do my life, oh baby

Hang ups, let downs

Bad breaks, set backs

Natural fact is

Honey, that I can't pay my taxes

Oh, make me wanna holler

And throw up both my hands

Yea, it makes me wanna holler

And throw up both my hands

Crime is increasing

Trigger happy policing

Panic is spreading

God knows where, where we're heading

Oh, they don't understand

Make me wanna holler

They don't understand

God bless you

And Lord keep you

And may you live, live, live a good life

God bless you

Lord keep you

And may you live, live, live a long long sweet life

Don't let the things get you down

Hold your hands, baby, walk around

Say God bless you

And I'll keep you

I'm praying a prayer for each and everyone of you

Heaven bless you

Heaven keep you

Cops everywhere are getting out of control. They are arming police departments like a branch of the military. And if they kill someone they immediately cover up the facts. You can go to jail for videoing a policeman in a public venue. Frightening and totally against the Constitution.

Not saying the police were right but that reporter's account of what happened and how he got arrested sounds like utter BS. Everything was fine until he dropped his backpack and 2 seconds later he feared for his life? Common man.

Edited by 4merper4mer

What I can't figure out is where are all the Tea Party militia - they ran to help Cliven Bundy in his stand against the evil government, one would think that the sight of SWAT teams and others drawing down on unarmed men, women and children would bring them running.

What I can't figure out is where are all the Tea Party militia - they ran to help Cliven Bundy in his stand against the evil government, one would think that the sight of SWAT teams and others drawing down on unarmed men, women and children would bring them running.

That's some embarrassing thought process you have there, sister. The only thing missing was a Bush reference and a gatorman shout out.

Also of note, the two reporters arrested were part of a larger pool of reporters, all of whom did what the police asked when they were asked to do it.

But oddly, the two reporters who get in a scuffle come from WaPo and HuffPo, followed by the WaPo headline "I'm the reporter the Ferguson police arrested."

Color me not surprised. I smell another victim's book in the making.

That's some embarrassing thought process you have there, sister. The only thing missing was a Bush reference and a gatorman shout out.

Also of note, the two reporters arrested were part of a larger pool of reporters, all of whom did what the police asked when they were asked to do it.

But oddly, the two reporters who get in a scuffle come from WaPo and HuffPo, followed by the WaPo headline "I'm the reporter the Ferguson police arrested."

Color me not surprised. I smell another victim's book in the making.

If you look at that guys picture it screams "douche". I'm sure that came into play.

So is this any more or less an assault on the 1st Amendment than what's going on with James Risen?

Bitter much? :rolleyes:

Maybe they were out dancing with Obama

So, Molotov Cocktails and rocks are not weapons? What about the shots the police are hearing?

So, Molotov Cocktails and rocks are not weapons? What about the shots the police are hearing?

A) There is no evidence any rocks or Molotov Cocktails have been thrown, nor evidence of gunfire None.

B) When, in response to a tense situation, the police response is to swiftly and harshly put down resistance with the use of armored vehicles and other para-military gear, as if they are an invading army, they should expect to treated like an invading army.

It always amazes me when individuals who otherwise react with a healthy skepticism towards government have a blind spot when it comes to LEO's. They are not the fairie tale princes of your youth.

A) There is no evidence any rocks or Molotov Cocktails have been thrown, nor evidence of gunfire None.

B) When, in response to a tense situation, the police response is to swiftly and harshly put down resistance with the use of armored vehicles and other para-military gear, as if they are an invading army, they should expect to treated like an invading army.

It always amazes me when individuals who otherwise react with a healthy skepticism towards government have a blind spot when it comes to LEO's. They are not the fairie tale princes of your youth.

Why don't you try Googling "Ferguson MO rocks cocktails gunfire"? This is one of the many articles refuting you:

http://www.kmov.com/special-coverage-001/Reports-Ferguson-protests-turn-violent-270697451.html

Authorities said the 12 people were taken into custody Tuesday night custody for assaulting an officer and failure to disperse after the rallies.

Also Tuesday night, a woman was taken to an area hospital after being shot in the head by a low caliber bullet, she is expected to survive. Police also transported an 18-year-old, 20-year-old and unidentified person after separate shootings in north St. Louis County and Jennings.

Protesters began gathering in Ferguson Wednesday evening in a peaceful march, but tensions escalated quickly. Throughout the evening, at least 16 people were arrested, among them was Alderman Antonio French and two reporters who were covering the unrest in the area.

News 4’s Scott Thomas said police showed restraint Wednesday night, but then began to use the tear gas when objects were thrown at them. A spokesperson for the St. Louis County Police Department said tear gas was deployed after protesters threw rocks and molotov cocktails at police.

Authorities said one officer suffered a broken ankle during Wednesday’s altercation with protesters.

Why don't you try Googling "Ferguson MO rocks cocktails gunfire"? This is one of the many articles refuting you:

http://www.kmov.com/...-270697451.html

Authorities said the 12 people were taken into custody Tuesday night custody for assaulting an officer and failure to disperse after the rallies.

Also Tuesday night, a woman was taken to an area hospital after being shot in the head by a low caliber bullet, she is expected to survive. Police also transported an 18-year-old, 20-year-old and unidentified person after separate shootings in north St. Louis County and Jennings.

Protesters began gathering in Ferguson Wednesday evening in a peaceful march, but tensions escalated quickly. Throughout the evening, at least 16 people were arrested, among them was Alderman Antonio French and two reporters who were covering the unrest in the area.

News 4’s Scott Thomas said police showed restraint Wednesday night, but then began to use the tear gas when objects were thrown at them. A spokesperson for the St. Louis County Police Department said tear gas was deployed after protesters threw rocks and molotov cocktails at police.

Authorities said one officer suffered a broken ankle during Wednesday’s altercation with protesters.

You're reading comprehension is off.

Reporters didn't witness this. The police are claiming this. There is no evidence of it.

By the way..............what the hell was a Washington Post reporter doing in Ferguson ?

They've already declared (last year) that they do not cover "local crimes"................................(See Gosnell news blackout)

Hypocrites.

You're reading comprehension is off.

Reporters didn't witness this. The police are claiming this. There is no evidence of it.

Your grammar is off. Why don't you Google what I suggested and see for yourself. I would think "the smartest man in the room" would have done that before challenging my original assertion.