Training camp - Pittsburgh style

YoloinOhio

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For what it's worth... the DB covering him is Lew Toler... I think he is an undrafted rookie, and likely not to make the Steelers roster.

That move was filthy though. From all reports I have heard this week. Buf and Pitt reporters. Sammy is on a different level.

Says the Steelers 1st team defense beat our 1st team offense handily. Ouch.

Actually, he says "I thought the Steelers won fairly handily" but goes on to say the Bills hurt themselves with a few drops. He also admits he focused more on the Steeler offense b/c he was on the opposite side of the field, going so far as to say "better to learn something than nothing."

All of the reports from our normally pessimistic Bills bloggers came to the opposite conclusion, and EJ's completion numbers speak for themselves.

Says the Steelers 1st team defense beat our 1st team offense handily. Ouch.

i read it and it just says the defense beat the offense fairly handily but did not specify 1st team in that comment and his play by play seems to indicate the opposite regarding the 1st team. He did say the steelers 1st team offense fared well against the bills d.

Actually, he says "I thought the Steelers won fairly handily" but goes on to say the Bills hurt themselves with a few drops. He also admits he focused more on the Steeler offense b/c he was on the opposite side of the field, going so far as to say "better to learn something than nothing."

All of the reports from our normally pessimistic Bills bloggers came to the opposite conclusion, and EJ's completion numbers speak for themselves.

Yup. Weird switch from yesterday, where the Steeler blogger was a bigger fan of us, than our bloggers.

It's been a fun back and forth :P

Welcome to our world, Will Graves...

Will Graves@WillGravesAP 4m

Typically not a comment viewer, but jarred by ones on Bills/Steelers D story. Bills fans are like "as long as we have EJ, we 'll stink."

Sounds about right. No point in watching then. Guaranteed though when EJ throws a TD they dont sit there and say EJ stinks still

Welcome to our world, Will Graves...

Will Graves@WillGravesAP 4m

Typically not a comment viewer, but jarred by ones on Bills/Steelers D story. Bills fans are like "as long as we have EJ, we 'll stink."

From his article (off topic from your tweet, but something I found cool)

"Mario Williams, Kyle Williams, Marcell Dareus and Jerry Hughes combined for 41 sacks last season, most than all but a dozen teams in the league."

Our front four would be 12th in the league in total team sacks? Nice. :)

From his article (off topic from your tweet, but something I found cool)

"Mario Williams, Kyle Williams, Marcell Dareus and Jerry Hughes combined for 41 sacks last season, most than all but a dozen teams in the league."

Our front four would be 12th in the league in total team sacks? Nice. :)

Yes the article is very eye-opening. I am not used to ever seeing anyone want to emulate the Bills at anything!

Will Graves@WillGravesAP 2m

Barring a setback, I'd expect Ryan Shazier to get some run vs. Bills. Full practice yesterday and was plenty active.

Will Graves@WillGravesAP 2m

If Shazier doesn't go, another chance for Spence to get extra PT. He's looked fabulous at times. Chased down Fred Jackson on screen yesterday

For what it's worth... the DB covering him is Lew Toler... I think he is an undrafted rookie, and not likely to make the Steelers roster.

Well, not now it seems! :lol:

Young Mr. Toler is thinking after that, "maybe I should look into finishing that degree in accounting."

Not for nothing with respect to the the guy's comments above, but how do you even subconsciously or inattentively witness a QB

going 17-22 during a session and say that the Steelers won fairly handily? Did the Steelers QBs go 22 for 22?

:P

Edited by dollars 2 donuts