Tony Stewart hits, kills Kevin Ward,Jr. at Canandaigua Motorsports Par

YoloinOhio

Gee... That took long. What a couple sessions of an hour or two? Freaking no-brainer... For me, @ least a little faith in the system has been restored. Thank God they could muster up 12 of 23 people w/common sense in the great State of New York! I was starting to get nervous hearing dudes like WEO & J_T_S_P! ;-P

Fine with me, and if you'd been paying attention youd realize I never said he was guilty or innocent. And that I thought the most likely outcome was an out of court civil settlement, which is still very much on the table.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fine with me, and if you'd been paying attention youd realize I never said he was guilty or innocent. And that I thought the most likely outcome was an out of court civil settlement, which is still very much on the table.

Highly unlikely now cause the kid was under the influence. Still possible though.

No, you took stupid to a whole new level and called him "the ISIS of NASCAR."

"Because NY has pure comparative negligence it is still possible to recover damages proportional to the % of the defendant's fault even if the victim is mostly at fault."

@MartySmithESPN: I am not a lawyer, but did just hear ESPN Legal Analyst Lester Munson suggest it greatly reduces legitimacy of civil suit. @scottblodgett15

I saw that interview as well. From what he said it's going to be almost impossible for a civil suit now.

He also used the word "stoned" when referring to Wards status while racing which I thought was a tad unprofessional.

Edited by Kevin

Because NY has pure comparative negligence it is still possible to recover damages proportional to the % of the defendant's fault even if the victim is mostly at fault.

I hear you... My opinion:

Which for TS is 0%. Ward walked on to the racing surface during a race where he didn not belong @ ALL under those circumstances. He wasn't in danger like his car being on fire. Ward had absolutely no business being where he was... ESPECIALLY going to confront TS DURING a race. Ward is 100% to blame UNLESS somebody can get inside Tony's head. IMO, the only way Tony can be held account is by saying he was effing around w/the kid. Just isn't going to happen. There is absolutely no way to get any evidence of negliance unless Tony says something to substantiate the notion he was messing w/Ward.

The family needs to let it go and stop blaming others, looking for vengeance only because it is "Tony Stewart." They need to stop wasting everybody's time. People make dumb choices all the time and die. Rally around the positive things in Kevin Ward Jr's life. There is no way they can clear his name in this mess... It is what it is. "Tack" around the bad way he perished and lessen the attentions to it. BUT now, that's appears to be admitting fault and no lawyer will get you a dime if they admit fault. Right now Tony Stewart is a deep pocket and they will try and make him pay for an "in game" accident.

What's with this under the influence stuff about Ward? Huh? Is this for real or a joke?

Wards toxicology came back positive for marijuana. DA said it there was enough in system that would've impaired him during the race.

KEVIN WARD FAMILY STATEMENT:

"Our son got out of his car during caution, while the race was suspended. All other vehicles were reducing speed and not accelerating except for Tony Stewart , who intentionally tried to intimidate Kevin by accelerating and sliding his car towards him, causing this tragedy. The focus should be on the actions of Tony Stewart and not Kevin. The matter is not at rest and we will pursue all remedies, in fairness to Kevin."

"Our son got out of his car during caution, while the race was suspended. All other vehicles were reducing speed and not accelerating except for Tony Stewart , who intentionally tried to intimidate Kevin by accelerating and sliding his car towards him, causing this tragedy. The focus should be on the actions of Tony Stewart and not Kevin. The matter is not at rest and we will pursue all remedies, in fairness to Kevin."

Just when I thought the herp derp ended...

Wards toxicology came back positive for marijuana. DA said it there was enough in system that would've impaired him during the race.

Wow! I missed that...

Then there is the statement. Incredible, totally incredible. "Fairness to Kevin" You gotta be kidding me? The living go on living and they are dragging Tony through the mud... Who's being fair here?

What say ye 4mer, you ripped into me pretty bad when I called out this as a Darwin Award... Now we find out dude is a stoner... Crazy ain't it?

It's a tragic situation but I am feeling less and less sorry for that family the more I hear them talk.

Actually, I feel more sorry for them... It's just pathetic and sad. All you can do is pray for people to find the strength and dignity.

Just reading that the the Grand Jury deliberated over the better part of two days. Wait, it was called the day after Labor Day... Gee, what a shock.

They actually were doing their part of the investigation. Interviewing witnesses, going over the videotapes, etc for the better part of two days. The DA said that they deliberated for less than an hour.