Round 2 : Sale of the team

Pegula to Bon Jovi: Your offer was “Living on a prayer.”

Bon Jovi to Pegula: “You give me a bad name!”

Pegula to Bon Jovi: “Have a nice day.”

CBF

I assume those are all names of Bon Jovi songs? I really don't know as I never listen to Bon Jovi.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. My problem is the timing. He should have waited until after the sale and approval of someone like the Pegulas who are committed to keeping the team in Buffalo. Why fight with the NFL prematurely. There is more than enough time to work through and resolve these issues LATER.

This was more my point. Why bother kicking the hornets nest for no reason. A simple "We will have to see how the process plays out" type of statement is what I would expect at this point.

you guys dont get it

drinking this kool aid

the nfl and toronto are in cohoots

the bills are dead in buffalo

just a smokescreen

i said it all along

no one listened to me

toronto bills here we come

maybe we can go watch in toronto

goodell and co got their wish

all of you are fools and you billieved

now your left without a team

you guys dont get it

drinking this kool aid

the nfl and toronto are in cohoots

the bills are dead in buffalo

just a smokescreen

i said it all along

no one listened to me

toronto bills here we come

maybe we can go watch in toronto

goodell and co got their wish

all of you are fools and you billieved

now your left without a team

Apparently it's contagious! :rolleyes:

So this process has been going on for quite some time now, and as near as I can tell there are people here who:

- are 100% convinced the team is in Buffalo for a very long time, if not forever. Generally a foregone conclusion that Pegula is the next owner.

- are 100% convinced the team is in Buffalo at least until the lease runs out, then who knows. Next owner unclear.

- won't accept any thoughts in their head except the Bills are ... stayin'

- don't know if the Bills will be in Buffalo for the near or long term.

- are 100% convinced the team is leaving Buffalo as soon as the lease expires, if not sooner.

- are 100% convinced the team is moving to Toronto.

So basically, the same as the day it all began :)

So this process has been going on for quite some time now, and as near as I can tell there are people here who:

- are 100% convinced the team is in Buffalo for a very long time, if not forever. Generally a foregone conclusion that Pegula is the next owner.

- are 100% convinced the team is in Buffalo at least until the lease runs out, then who knows. Next owner unclear.

- won't accept any thoughts in their head except the Bills are ... stayin'

- don't know if the Bills will be in Buffalo for the near or long term.

- are 100% convinced the team is leaving Buffalo as soon as the lease expires, if not sooner.

- are 100% convinced the team is moving to Toronto.

So basically, the same as the day it all began :)

Except the percentages have shifted between these categories quite dramatically. I think you would be hard pressed to find many in the last 2 categories given the consistency of the rumors and leaks favoring Buffalo

there should be one thread on this board in which the requirement is that everyone discuss Bills-related issues in the form of a haiku

We can relax the rules a bit and allow any poem of 3 short lines to count (no counting syllables)

Edited by TheFunPolice

Except the percentages have shifted between these categories quite dramatically. I think you would be hard pressed to find many in the last 2 categories given the consistency of the rumors and leaks favoring Buffalo

Based on consistency of rumors and alleged leaks? Does that make any sense? :)

But I do agree there are probably far fewer in the last 2 categories and precisely for the reason you mentioned. People tend to believe a rumor if they like it ... repeat it enough times and it is fact ;)

there should be one thread on this board in which the requirement is that everyone discuss Bills-related issues in the form of a haiku

We can relax the rules a bit and allow any poem of 3 short lines to count (no counting syllables)

Haikus are pretty

But sometimes they don't make sense

Refrigerator

Based on consistency of rumors and alleged leaks? Does that make any sense? :)

But I do agree there are probably far fewer in the last 2 categories and precisely for the reason you mentioned. People tend to believe a rumor if they like it ... repeat it enough times and it is fact ;)

I think it does. Not to get anyone to 100% certainty, but certainly to keep you away from 100% that the team will move.