ESPN- Spiller could be traded soon

Frez

Seriously..wee don't need a tight end. Did anyone actually see Ebron the other day? I'm so glad we didn't take him. We are fine with what we have at tight end. I would not trade one of the scariest backs in the league for a tight end or an OLB. I said scary because Spiller is sometimes more of a threat as a decoy. BTW CJ is a third down back. they have him and Fred twisted. Once our coaches figure that out we will be on the right track with CJ.

I wouldn't trade CJ for a TE. But make no mistake about it, this team could use an upgrade at TE. Having a quality TE could do wonders for EJ and the team as a whole.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't trade CJ for a TE. But make no mistake about it, this team could use an upgrade at TE. Having a quality TE could do wonders for EJ and the team as a whole.

I still have faith in Chandler.

Oh, Chandler is OK. Still think we should be looking for a TE.

I agree that if we can get a TE and replace Gragg or Smith, then we should do it. Getting a TE better than Chandler at this point, I don't see happening.

Thank God we still have Garrison Sanborn.

I agree that if we can get a TE and replace Gragg or Smith, then we should do it. Getting a TE better than Chandler at this point, I don't see happening.

Thank God we still have Garrison Sanborn.

What did Garrison Sanborn do?

Definetly need the draft picks. Future kuondijos and maybins await us !!

Look at the majority of the last ten Patriots' drafts. Every team has Maybins. I think the jury may still be out on Koundjio (sp?) I think the last four or five drafts appear to be pretty successful for the most part. People are dogging the Bills because of this preseason but all in all, Nix and Whaley have put together a hell of a roster. They just need a freaking quarterback. That's it. Should've maybe considered taking Russell Wilson over TJ Graham.

You know what teams stockpile draft picks? Teams that are ALREADY REALLY GOOD!!!!

Trading Spiller makes no sense. Zero. There's no way to justify it and still appear to even be a little smart.

You know what teams stockpile draft picks? Teams that are ALREADY REALLY GOOD!!!!

Trading Spiller makes no sense. Zero. There's no way to justify it and still appear to even be a little smart.

Thank you!! I don't understand why people always think it's cool to trade good players we drafted for a 5th round pick on a potential bust. It's just dumb.

I don't believe we will or should trade CJ Spiller. He's a great player. Releasing him would only cement our reputation as a junior varsity franchise. If it is truly in the works I call CJ Spiller for Jimmy Graham. The Saints don't want to pay Graham WR $ and they need to fill the void left by Darren Sproles whom Spiller could replace.

What if you have a player on your roster you think replaces the skills of that good player? And that player is in the last year of his contract and you either aren't going to pay or don't think is re-signing with you?

What if you have a player on your roster you think replaces the skills of that good player? And that player is in the last year of his contract and you either aren't going to pay or don't think is re-signing with you?

If that's the case ... and the "replacing" player has proven in real games that he can, indeed, replace the skills of the player in the last year of his contract, then, yes .. you consider it.

Bryce Brown hasn't proven that.

Spiller's "bad year" last year, as some like to call it, accounted for 933 yards whilst splitting carries with FJ, also whilst hobbled by a bad wheel.

Why not keep him when your other 2 backs are a) old and b) unproven?

I just don't get it.

If anything ... trade Fred Jackson.

If that's the case ... and the "replacing" player has proven in real games that he can, indeed, replace the skills of the player in the last year of his contract, then, yes .. you consider it.

Bryce Brown hasn't proven that.

Spiller's "bad year" last year, as some like to call it, accounted for 933 yards whilst splitting carries with FJ, also whilst hobbled by a bad wheel.

Why not keep him when your other 2 backs are a) old and b) unproven?

I just don't get it.

If anything ... trade Fred Jackson.

No.

I think most want a Spiller trade because they think we could get a good pick for him and he may not be here next year. That's all. Freddy ain't worth more than a fif, that's for sure.

Edited by FireChan

Definetly need the draft picks. Future kuondijos and maybins await us !!

thank god you mentioned this....our golden pick for next year and WE DONT HAVE IT !!!! ya we've done such a great job with it before that's why we have sucked for 15 years but now we don't have it and it's such a crime. I dont get it

No.

I think most want a Spiller trade because they think we could get a good pick for him and he may not be here next year. That's all. Freddy ain't worth more than a fif, that's for sure.

And CJ ain't worth more than a fourf. And maybe a fird.

Just not worth it. People think he's no good because he doesn't rip off 80 yard runs 4 times/game. Expectations are too high. They guy splits carries and still gets crazy yards. I don't get the hate/desire to trade him.

I would just like to remind everyone that despite being the worst #1 pick ever, WAY over-drafted and overrated, unable to see a hole if it was right in front of him, unable to run up the middle, not a smart football player, hating Buffalo, with the worst quarterbacking, a crappy line, and heinous coaching, CJ SPILLER HAS A CAREER 5.1 YPC AVERAGE, which is second only to Jamaal Charles amongst active backs.

Edited by Kelly the Dog