ESPN- Spiller could be traded soon

Frez

I was just watching sports center and the ESPN analyst said Buffalo will NOT keep four RB's going into the season. Look for the Bills to unload CJ Spiller before the season starts according to him.

This could get interesting...........

Trade for another player or trade for an extra draft pick for next season?

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying it couldn't happen, because obviously it could, but if it were going to happen why wouldn't they have one of the other guys (Dixon, Brown) practicing/playing more time with the 1's? When Lynch was going to be traded, his 1st team reps were severely cut almost like the writing was on the wall.

CJ needs to sign a fair extention or a 2nd rd pick could be tempting. The Bills have leverage with depth at RB

Waiting till he is a FA or franchise tag would be crazy (see Byrd result)

Edited by ALF

I think the Bills will do it for either a capable QB, a 1st Rd. pick next year, or even a 2nd round pick next year. The current regime hasn't been able to utilize Spiller like Chan did. They don't seem to want to try, either. Jackson and Brown are the types of RB's Hackett wants to scheme around. Maybe they are afraid they will either have to pony up big dollars to keep Spiller after this season, or they are worried that he might lose his trade value if he has another sub-par year statistically speaking.

Fred Jackson has been great and I really like him as our #2 RB. I think he is one of the best in that role, but does anyone really think that we should pin our hopes on a 33 year old starter at RB? I don't see anyone I'm excited about behind him either. I would not be surprised if this was CJ's agent's way of drumming up an offer to get CJ out of town and on a team willing to give him a long term deal now.

I don't see why they would trade him, personally. They should do the bulk of their running with FJax and Brown, use CJ as a Bush/M. Faulk type, get him in space, use him as an offensive weapon. Not just run him up the gut. But I guess they have their plan.

I don't see Dixon as a real running back, I see him as more of a halfback (FB/TE hybrid)... has Dixon been getting many running plays in camp?

I was just watching sports center and the ESPN analyst said Buffalo will NOT keep four RB's going into the season. Look for the Bills to unload CJ Spiller before the season starts according to him.

This could get interesting...........

Trade for another player or trade for an extra draft pick for next season?

They want to win this season right? Why would they trade him unless they get a 1ST ROUND DRAFT CHOICE FOR 2015. That is the price that would need to be paid to trade CJ.