The "Rest Of The NFL" Preseason Thread

Heitz

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I predicted Oliver would make a NFL roster this year. He's small but he's a baller.

This would be a bad spot for him. He won't make the team and there would be a 38 page thread about why the Bills cut him.

I know why we didn't sign him. We have more than enough RBs. But still. I watched him at UB for years and he is like a human bowling ball. Extremely hard to tackle once he gets going.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Cousins struggled mightily last year when give the opportunity to run the offense. That was the reason no trades for him developed in the off season. Another possible Rob Johnson "One Game Wonder" kid.

When he was in last year the season was already lost and the team around him was atrocious. Not saying he was the best, but I don't view the Redskins struggles last year as a final indicator of whether or not Kirk Cousins can be successful in the NFL. He has been brilliant at times. Great touch and timing on his throws.

Holy schnikes. I vaguely remembered this from a few years ago in the Chan era when we played @minnesota in the pre season. The Vikings home broadcast is the most obnoxious set of announcers i have ever heard. It's almost as if they are doing a horrible comedy routine. Wow. What a joke.

Bortles looked really good. His mechanics look flawless.

surprising considering his mechanics are one of his flaws per all the scouting reports. That is reportedly why he is red shirting this year, so they can overhaul them. Similar to Aaron Rodgers (but they don't have Favre)!

But of course I read right here on this board that mechanics can't ever be fixed. Lol.

Anyone else excited to watch Johnny Football tonight? He started off camp very poorly but has since started looking much better once he got snaps with the 1s. Josh Gordon is playing tonight so that should help but I think he will only be playing with hoyer since he is starting. Sounds like we will see 1 qtr of Hoyer and 1 qtr of Johnny. Watching out of curiosity more than anything. Also want to see the 1st team Browns D against 1st team lions offense.

Anyone else excited to watch Johnny Football tonight? He started off camp very poorly but has since started looking much better once he got snaps with the 1s. Josh Gordon is playing tonight so that should help but I think he will only be playing with hoyer since he is starting. Sounds like we will see 1 qtr of Hoyer and 1 qtr of Johnny. Watching out of curiosity more than anything. Also want to see the 1st team Browns D against 1st team lions offense.

yes, definitely looking forward to it. I think a lot of teams are going to regret passing on Manziel.

I think manziel is a bit of a project until he shows he can consistently stay in the pocket. I love his talent throwing on the move and his gamesmanship. I have no prediction yet on whether he will be a success but definitely interesting to watch unfold.

I like to party too, so he and I have something in common. I also have a soft spot for the Browns, so I hope they do well.

NFL network getting as bad as espn, with 45 minutes of Lions Browns game analysis. Let's hope the other 30 owners lob a call to the network tomorrow.

yes it's horrible. I am sure they will talk about it all week because money phone is starting game 2, per pettine.

Another beef with NFLN - they show the game recaps throughout the day and for ours, it was all panthers highlights and sideline shots of Cam. No bills plays at all. Then at the end, oh the bills won, however. Lame.

yes it's horrible. I am sure they will talk about it all week because money phone is starting game 2, per pettine.

Another beef with NFLN - they show the game recaps throughout the day and for ours, it was all panthers highlights and sideline shots of Cam. No bills plays at all. Then at the end, oh the bills won, however. Lame.

There isn't a headline star on the Bills. You can't really blame them. They're in the "clicks" or "tuning in" business, not equality of coverage.

Few other observations. Watching Cleveland's 3rd string QB, was looking good for a drive or two and sure enough it was good ol Pigpen. Figured that made sense sine an NFL vet should clean up against 3rd string camp fodder. Then came the last drive with Cleveland behind. One pass almost got his WR killed and the next sailed over the moon right into the safety's hands. Some things really don't change.

Felt a bit bad for Landry Jones. Driving for a comeback, hits RB and WR square in the hands and both drop easy throws. He then makes a great pass to a receiver who picks up a long 4th down conversion deep in Giants territory. But in stupidly trying to pick up an extra foot, he gets stripped of the ball. Game over.