Mean while wgr-55 is talking Burger King Pie

I live in NYC and WGR is my only way to be connected to the Bills on the radio...they are the absolute worst!

They are an embarrassment. At one time Simon was pretty good. I'm not sure if that is still the case as I haven't heard him in a while.

For the most part, sports radio is an embarrassment. I admit I have a hard time listening to forced controversy (and the total void of reasoned discussion) for which the genre is so famous. But Shopp and Bulldog represent the bottom of the barrell.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was hoping they would do a pet draft

If I'm #1 overall there I want cats, but I figure I can drop down to #2 and get them if I know someone wants dogs at #1...

And what's #3? You gotta think fish, right?

See how much fun this could be?!

Edited by TheFunPolice

I have nothing positive to say about Mike Schopp and his stupid rants and him thinking he's the smartest guy in western new york

I wonder where Schopp picked up his speaking voice? Maybe it came with his superiority complex . Does GR seriously not care anything about their audience?

• 3 weeks later...

Does anybody have any idea how much Schoop and the Bulldog make?

It's got to be a huge amount per hour worked. Once again, I tuned in (towards the end of the broadcast) and it was only one of them working.

The odds of ever having them both on when I turn it on are less than 50/50 it seems..............And, they work four hours a day when they do work!

Does anybody have any idea how much Schoop and the Bulldog make?

It's got to be a huge amount per hour worked. Once again, I tuned in (towards the end of the broadcast) and it was only one of them working.

The odds of ever having them both on when I turn it on are less than 50/50 it seems..............And, they work four hours a day when they do work!

Trust me they work more than 4 hours. They have to write blogs, record commercials, do show prep etc, plus work weekends. I'm sure they put in 40 hours.

As for pay I'm going guess between $60-$75K. They have been on local radio for years so they are well known. On the other hand they could be easily replaced and I doubt anyone would miss them.

Trust me they work more than 4 hours. They have to write blogs, record commercials, do show prep etc, plus work weekends. I'm sure they put in 40 hours.

As for pay I'm going guess between $60-$75K. They have been on local radio for years so they are well known. On the other hand they could be easily replaced and I doubt anyone would miss them.

Thanks. But, I doubt they put in 40 hours. The days they take off are more than anybody I know...........And, it doesn't seem that they do a whole lot of show prep. As for weekends, Schopp has the card show, but Bulldog would only work weekends for 16 weeks out of the year. One day. Not the full weekend.............And, there have been times where one of them was even missing on that posgame show. Not often, though.

Ha ha - you said they do show prep ... not unless it's watching cat videos.

If only there was this system. Like, a net or a web. But one that was like, worldwide. So that you can get sports information from everybody to the New York Giants, to the 1978 Cleveland Indians, to a little league team in Pocatello Idaho. So like, if you weren't getting the information about the topic that you want on the radio, you could go there. Maybe one of these days. Till then, I'm just gonna complain online.

Delayed LOL

As for pay I'm going guess between $60-$75K.

My guess is they make about half that (maybe a hair more than half). Radio talk show hosts aren't paid well unless they are in a big market or unless they have lots of endorsements. Those guys have neither.

My guess is they make about half that (maybe a hair more than half). Radio talk show hosts aren't paid well unless they are in a big market or unless they have lots of endorsements. Those guys have neither.

I'm giving the benefit of the doubt there since they have longevity. Probably have gotten a few raises in their tenure. They probably get a little extra for doing live ads too. (Lazy Lakes?) But you're right, few in radio these days make any real money anymore (what I define as six figures) unless you have a real following. I doubt these numbskulls have one.

I know this comes from a place of jealousy, because I'm at this damn computer 24/7 it seems..........But, I would like for them not to make too much money. The amount of leisure time they have (I call them Schopp OR The Bulldog) is nuts. Following them on twitter, man they are pretty stress free in terms of time.

I know this comes from a place of jealousy, because I'm at this damn computer 24/7 it seems..........But, I would like for them not to make too much money. The amount of leisure time they have (I call them Schopp OR The Bulldog) is nuts. Following them on twitter, man they are pretty stress free in terms of time.

The sad part is Buffalo will never have a competing sports station. Sure there are network repeaters like 1250 CBS and 1520 ESPN but it costs way too much to have a real competitor with local hosts, etc. It would take a guy like Terry Pegula who doesn't care about money to go after WGR. Who knows? Maybe after buying the Bills he'll buy WGR and clean house?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Tuned into WGR today. Schoop states he is more excited for the Sabres than the Bills and is talking hockey. The Sabres, who are coming off the worst season in their franchise's history.

Buffalo sports media is embarrassingly bad. Thank god for Sirius and podcasts.