I hate Chris Hogan; not really hate, but you know what I mean

He is learning the slot, maybe they just knew he would see more time with the 2s and think he needs more reps. He already has chemistry with EJ...yada yada....

It might also be he doesn't have a great attitude this year, maybe didn't want to go in the slot and was disappointed with the Sammy pick (and the MW trade that went with it). He won't say that stuff or shouldn't anyways...So far as EJ's support of Woods and surprise at Hogan being out there, well, maybe they didn't want to tell him, they may think he relies on Woods too much for the best interests of the team and scheme or another way of saying that, that he always get EJ's eyes instead of going through his designed progressions. I am not worried about this "issue" yet. Coaching is up to the coach, they don't or shouldn't worry about butt hurt fans and press and just do what they think they should do. At this point I am fine with that and honestly I kind dislike (hate is too strong of a word) Hogan (Mr. NotYAC just like Nelson was), they should try Rosie in the slot with the ones IMO :). Now there is a natural slot guy.

Ya gotta be careful coach, we don't want a Kelly/Reed, Manning/Wayne, Montana/Rice, Brady/Moss thing to develop.

Get that **** outta here!

(sorry if I left your favorite QB/WR combo out)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why people would hate Hogan. He's a great story. Leading scorer at Penn st lacrosse, plays football for a year, & all he does is make plays at training camp. And it's not like he is some little guy. He's 6'1" 215.

That said, while I certainly see him on the roster, there is no way in hell he will be playing over Woods come the real season. It will work itself out. Patience grasshoppers.

I don't know why people would hate Hogan. He's a great story. Leading scorer at Penn st lacrosse, plays football for a year, & all he does is make plays at training camp. And it's not like he is some little guy. He's 6'1" 215.

That said, while I certainly see him on the roster, there is no way in hell he will be playing over Woods come the real season. It will work itself out. Patience grasshoppers.

I don't hate him (not really, but you know what I mean). I hate that his lunch pail is being prioritized over real, proven playmaking ability. Allegedly. If that doesn't happen come Sept., then I love him. and his lunchpail.

Woods appears to be a very good WR and a very good slot receiver. It could be he's not one of the two best WRs and isn't the best slot receiver either. He is still a very good player and even if he doesn't start will have a lot of game time ahead.

last year i clearly thought we kept him over a more talented player.

this year he seems like hes fighting with graham, who despite his shortcomings id probably keep over hogan.

i liked hogan a lot when we got him to compete with the likes of ruvell martin. its all about the context.

last year i clearly thought we kept him over a more talented player.

this year he seems like hes fighting with graham, who despite his shortcomings id probably keep over hogan.

i liked hogan a lot when we got him to compete with the likes of ruvell martin. its all about the context.

And not to get into this discussion again, I thought Rogers wAs severely overrated by some here. Talent without work ethic equals barely making a NFL roster.

Face it, Hogan is living a dream. Very good D1 lacrosse playing and now making noise in training camp for a 2nd NFL team. I always like guys like Hogan because at the end of the day, he is making the most of his talent. Sounds like he is earning a spot.

But again, Robert Woods needs to be playing. He just makes plays.

And not to get into this discussion again, I thought Rogers wAs severely overrated by some here. Talent without work ethic equals barely making a NFL roster.

Face it, Hogan is living a dream. Very good D1 lacrosse playing and now making noise in training camp for a 2nd NFL team. I always like guys like Hogan because at the end of the day, he is making the most of his talent. Sounds like he is earning a spot.

But again, Robert Woods needs to be playing. He just makes plays.

like i said - context. your line just is that he shouldnt be competing with woods, or you wouldnt like the situation. my point wasnt to rehash the old debate as much as reframe the context of some of us "hating the guy"

i dont dislike him. i just think we can do better. (and ill admit some of the "he catches every ball ever and moves the chains with the best of them" type arguments might be skewing me too)

Edited by NoSaint

like i said - context. your line just is that he shouldnt be competing with woods, or you wouldnt like the situation. my point wasnt to rehash the old debate as much as reframe the context of some of us "hating the guy"

Got it. But as others have suggested, there might be more to the story. Perhaps they feel Woods needs a little push. I could see Woods coasting a little. Hopefully, it pisses him off.

Got it. But as others have suggested, there might be more to the story. Perhaps they feel Woods needs a little push. I could see Woods coasting a little. Hopefully, it pisses him off.

very well could be - id think there must be something more. if its just that the staff likes him more, id be pretty surprised. its not even the true game 1 of preseason yet.... so i tend to take weird happenings with a grain of salt. normally they mean little come september.

Edited by NoSaint

Did I miss something? Goodwin isn't out for the season or anything is he?

Nice catch Dibs. I simply forgot about our speedster.

I'll revise it then. I do like Hogan, but I dont know if I like him over Goodwin. Hogans purpose would be to catch that 3rd and 4 conversion. But that would be the job of a tight end.... So because of that I have to place a weapon over Hogan. Since I also dont see Hogan as an explosive wr.

I dont like Tj. Way too many negative plays go towards his way. They cannot all be blamed on qb. Again, sorry Jboy since I know you are high on the guy. That first down stretch from Tj was nice. I'll give you that. But I would not cry if Tj ended up somewhere else.

Here is my list

Sammy, Woods, Mike, Easley (for his special teams play ability as well), Goodwin, Hogan, Tj

I'll revise it then. I do like Hogan, but I dont know if I like him over Goodwin. Hogans purpose would be to catch that 3rd and 4 conversion. But that would be the job of a tight end.... So because of that I have to place a weapon over Hogan. Since I also dont see Hogan as an explosive wr.

I dont like Tj. Way too many negative plays go towards his way. They cannot all be blamed on qb. Again, sorry Jboy since I know you are high on the guy. That first down stretch from Tj was nice. I'll give you that. But I would not cry if Tj ended up somewhere else.

Here is my list

Sammy, Woods, Mike, Easley (for his special teams play ability as well), Goodwin, Hogan, Tj

I doubt they keep 7...So...At least the way things are looking now, TJ is likely the odd man out... B-)

Here is my list

You don't actually mean that do you? I know what you mean.

I don't understand the "hate" for Hogan. The Bills may have discovered a gem who has yet to have a full chance to prove himself.

If you look at the situation with Woods lining up with the 2's and 3's during the preseason game and during practice it becomes "obvious" that Marrone is trying to light a match under Robert Woods' a$$. It is very Bill Belichick like. At least Marrone is doing this during the preseason and not having to do it during the regular season (we hope). If there is any "hate" by fans it should be directed toward Robert Woods' work ethic since the Bills invested a 2nd round pick on him. HCDM sees that he may not live up to his draft ranking if he doesn't get his act together now rather than later. We have a young QB who is a work in progress, and it is absolutely vital that the WR's live up to their potential.

I don't understand the "hate" for Hogan. The Bills may have discovered a gem who has yet to have a full chance to prove himself.

If you look at the situation with Woods lining up with the 2's and 3's during the preseason game and during practice it becomes "obvious" that Marrone is trying to light a match under Robert Woods' a$$. It is very Bill Belichick like. At least Marrone is doing this during the preseason and not having to do it during the regular season (we hope). If there is any "hate" by fans it should be directed toward Robert Woods' work ethic since the Bills invested a 2nd round pick on him. HCDM sees that he may not live up to his draft ranking if he doesn't get his act together now rather than later. We have a young QB who is a work in progress, and it is absolutely vital that the WR's live up to their potential.

hate is being confused with apathy

While I am sure all of us want him to succeed we just don't care about him or how great he is in practice until he does something in a game. Sure, he started football late and he has a lot of athleticism but so have a great deal of athletes that played football all of their life. From Corey Moore to Leif Larson, athletic talent can be used or it can be useless.