Ryan Mallett - back on the block?

[/b]

Is Russell Wilson a more effective qb playing for the Seahawks rather than the Bills? Absolutely. You can say that about all qbs playing with good teams compared to mediocre teams. But what is apparent about Wilson is that he is mobile, an accurate passer, a terrific decision-maker and an exceptional leader. Those attributes are associated with him regardless where he plays.

I'm not an EJ basher although at this time I can't say for sure he will develop into a legitimate franchise qb. My sense of him is that he is the type of qb that is going to take time for him to get to a point where he can be relied on. If he steadily improves I will be satisfied.

But let's not get carried away with a hometown bias. There isn't anyone associated with the NFL who wouldn't prefer Wilson over Manuel, either now or at a later time. (I'm not suggesting that you are making that claim.) Although it is a very early stage in Wilson's career the near unanimous opinion is that RW is a quality starting qb. For Manuel it is still a very open question whether he will develop into an adequate starting qb.

Agree with all of that.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd really take a long look at Kirk Cousins, A.Murray and Mike Glennon if there is an absolute need to replace EJ following this year. 50/50 that needs to happen.

Willing to bet Mallet goes to FA and signs with Oak/Hou to compete with a rookie, maybe NE could get a 4th/5th but with his contract situation plus remaining time to learn a playbook dont see that happening

Or hey what is Mike Flynn up to?

[/b]

Is Russell Wilson a more effective qb playing for the Seahawks rather than the Bills? Absolutely. You can say that about all qbs playing with good teams compared to mediocre teams. But what is apparent about Wilson is that he is mobile, an accurate passer, a terrific decision-maker and an exceptional leader. Those attributes are associated with him regardless where he plays.

Wilson gets knocked because he doesn't throw 50 times a game. But in the Superbowl alone, he made two spectacular throws that only a select few QBs can make.

I'd really take a long look at Kirk Cousins, A.Murray and Mike Glennon if there is an absolute need to replace EJ following this year. 50/50 that needs to happen.

Willing to bet Mallet goes to FA and signs with Oak/Hou to compete with a rookie, maybe NE could get a 4th/5th but with his contract situation plus remaining time to learn a playbook dont see that happening

Or hey what is Mike Flynn up to?

I don't know about Mike, but Matt is Aaron Rodger's backup again because apparently that is the only position for which he can actually cash an NFL paycheck without a ski mask on.

Wilson gets knocked because he doesn't throw 50 times a game. But in the Superbowl alone, he made two spectacular throws that only a select few QBs can make.

What distinguishes him from other young qbs is his poise and decision-making. The thought that he was available as a draft prospect and Buddy Nix selected for a qb starved franchise TJ Graham is exasperating. Graham is a superb athlete but a marginal football player. Wilson is a short but good athlete who is an exceptional football player. What else is there to say that hasn't already been said. Losing franchises are not plagued with bad luck---they are plagued with their own self-afflicted bad decisions.

I think Belichick is wishing he didn't start Mallett against Washington. What a mess! If you want to trade for a backup QB, call the Redskins for Kirk Cousins.

It's too late to trade for Cousins. He is their backup qb. It would be foolish for them to get rid of their backup qb in case Griffin goes down. The ominous problem for he Bills is that they really don't have a backup plan if EJ falters. Whaley took a major risk by not adding a veteran qb such as Schaub or Cassell to tide them over if EJ struggled.

Mallett is a non-prospect. He has a big arm but a big windup, no mobility, terrible footwork, poor feel on short passes.

I have no idea why Mayock was pumping his tires but there is no way there is a realistic trade market for this guy.

Mallett is a non-prospect. He has a big arm but a big windup, no mobility, terrible footwork, poor feel on short passes.

I have no idea why Mayock was pumping his tires but there is no way there is a realistic trade market for this guy.

i think bellichick was paying media members to hype him all week.