Ryan Mallett - back on the block?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mallett looked rough.

Cousins, Colt McCoy and Weeden looked good tonight. To be honest, they all look way ahead of any of our guys.

I actually like Cousins. I thought the Bills might draft him, as he lasted to a point where that was reasonable. I doubt the Washington [Racially Insensitive Name Here] would consider trading him for a reasonable price, though.

Mallet? Puhleeze.Maybe he amounts to something, but my money is against it. The best place for him is in NE, IMO.

I'm actually fine with EJ for now.

I actually like Cousins. I thought the Bills might draft him, as he lasted to a point where that was reasonable. I doubt the Washington [Racially Insensitive Name Here] would consider trading him for a reasonable price, though.

Mallet? Puhleeze.Maybe he amounts to something, but my money is against it. The best place for him is in NE, IMO.

I'm actually fine with EJ for now.

Dean! Welcome back. I don't why you've been away from this place of positivity but it's good to have you back.

And I caution you on Cousins. The regular season is a little different than the preseason. A lot of folks talked Cousins up last season. Well, he got a good run of starts last season and it wasn't pretty. http://m.pfref.com/m?p=XXplayersXXCXXCousKi00.htm

The backup qb is always the most popular guy in town. Until they actually have to play.

I think Belichick is wishing he didn't start Mallett against Washington. What a mess! If you want to trade for a backup QB, call the Redskins for Kirk Cousins.

I don't think the Redskins were the problem. Mallet looked like poop.

I'd still trade Tuel and TJ Graham for Mallet.

Then cut Mallet.

The pats get worse in the trade so I'm good with it.

Based on what I heard at draft time, the Skins wanted a 1st for Cousins. Makes sense, since he was drafted in the 4th rd and has done nothing to show he is worth more than that.

Basically, they want to keep him because RG3's injury history is a concern. But they will move him for the right offer.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Dean! Welcome back. I don't why you've been away from this place of positivity but it's good to have you back.

And I caution you on Cousins. The regular season is a little different than the preseason. A lot of folks talked Cousins up last season. Well, he got a good run of starts last season and it wasn't pretty. http://m.pfref.com/m...CXXCousKi00.htm

The backup qb is always the most popular guy in town. Until they actually have to play.

I wasn't basing his on his performance last night. I didn't see any of that game. I've always sort of liked him. What I saw of him in regular season I liked, to tell the truth.

With that said, I'm not really suggesting the Bills trade for him---unless the price was very reasonable, which I doubt it will be. My point was (and it wasn't well made it seems) that he is preferable to Mallet, who I didn't like coming out of college and who has shown nothing in the NFL. I think if Mallet has a chance to be good, it will be with a team like the Pats*, who have shown they can win with a marginal QB.