I hate Jeff Tuel; Not really hate, but you know what I mean

i think this is the part that most of us hate more than Tuel. the kid might develop into an ok backup - why would we start him for a month and a half to figure that out though? you have better odds at the lotto than him developing into a top 15 starter. Thats not to say its impossible but.....

The reality is that this will never happen. Once the staff/FO gives up on EJ, they are done. They are going to ride him out.

The only way Tuel sneaks in as a starter is through injury to EJ and then playing lights out.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am you love bug silly girl

Your snuggling last nite got me going

Oops text ment for my wife

What a goof ball I am

That's what happens when you

Try and text and do the bills boards

At the same time

What a good ball I am

I agree with most people EJ should get the playing time until he either plays his way out

Of the job or gets injured

I am looking forward to this preseason

Game against Carolina.

The panthers have said that they want to break the all time sack record this year.

This will be a good test for EJ

And the o-line

EJ does not look like he knows how to

Play QB. He waits for people to get open

Before he throws the ball.

This is the second time you've said this. The first time I just shook my head and moved on. But, really? Did you watch the game Sunday? On the bomb to Watkins EJ threw the football when Watkins was about 10 yards past the Line of scrimmage. On the end zone pass to Mike Williams, same thing. They even showed a replay in the game where you could see Williams running towards the end zone and football came into the picture at the bottom of the screen and went off the top of the screen while Williams was still running with his back to EJ towards the end zone.

I also saw him throw many passes to Woods last year before he was open.

Come on man, this is just silly.

Yes he did because it's was his first read and of course any QB can do that.

It's when the first guy is not open is when EJ has the problem.

Tell me the last time EJ threw the ball on time before the receiver made his

Cut on a 2nd or 3rd read. Tuel has been doing this all of training camp

It's been reported by bills media cover the camp practices.

All I hear out of camp is EJ is not progressing and Tuel is

Progressing and coming off his first reads and making great plays.

Yes he did because it's was his first read and of course any QB can do that.

It's when the first guy is not open is when EJ has the problem.

Tell me the last time EJ threw the ball on time before the receiver made his

Cut on a 2nd or 3rd read. Tuel has been doing this all of training camp

It's been reported by bills media cover the camp practices.

All I hear out of camp is EJ is not progressing and Tuel is

Progressing and coming off his first reads and making great plays.

Our heroic backup scouting report:

Tuel is limited by a weak arm in the sense that he doesn't put the zip on the ball needed for quick passes into tight windows.

Tuel attacks defenses vertically out of the shotgun and uses his feet to extend plays.

Tuel attacks defenses by finding matchups he likes before the snap and attacking them without further reads after the snap.

He hasn't displayed an ability to work his way through reads, look defenders off, pump fake or call plays at the line.

Also, When Tuel starts dominating the 2s and 3s, I mean destroying them, I then give him a shot with the 1's. He has not done that to date. He looks on par with EJ against worse competition. SO if history, stats, math, science tells me something, against better competiton he will get worse. So what makes you think he will be better against 1's?

Edited by CountDorkula

Not sure who this is directed to, but I am pretty high on tuel. I understand that he has his pros and cons. I also understand that we will be better off if EJ develops into the man and tuel into a competent backup. Not sure what's so controversial about that?

yup!

It's been reported by several media

That Tuel has constantly come off his

First read all through training camp

And made real good plays

SO Tuel has dominated the 2-3 string competiton. No picks. Constant touchdowns, just make them looks like fools. Never has any bad plays, and has control over the tempo of practice?

Also, can you provide me with those medaia outlets that say Tuel is doing the above, and he is outperforming EJ?

Too bad that scouting report is incorrect on Tuel

Tuel is out performing EJ as per all the bills media

At camp.

I've been to 3 practices and Tuel has gotten the

Better of EJ

I can provided you with 5-10 scouting reports that all say the same, so i will take those over a fan who went to practice take, sorry.

Edited by CountDorkula

Our heroic backup scouting report:

Tuel is limited by a weak arm in the sense that he doesn't put the zip on the ball needed for quick passes into tight windows.

Tuel attacks defenses vertically out of the shotgun and uses his feet to extend plays.

Tuel attacks defenses by finding matchups he likes before the snap and attacking them without further reads after the snap.

He hasn't displayed an ability to work his way through reads, look defenders off, pump fake or call plays at the line.

Also, When Tuel starts dominating the 2s and 3s, I mean destroying them, I then give him a shot with the 1's. He has not done that to date. He looks on par with EJ against worse competition. SO if history, stats, math, science tells me something, against better competiton he will get worse. So what makes you think he will be better against 1's?

This is well said. If he played lights out with his opportunity, then I could understand all the hype.

But he's just been average. Last year we gotta be honest, he was way below average.

This first preseason he was decent. By now way lights out. Gave up 2 sacks. (Ok maybe not him, but it happened on his drives)

1 td 1 int 12/17 74 yards. Higher percentage compared to last year, I'll credit that.

Last year his percentage was 44% with a rate of 45.

In all fairness his yards per completion for hof game was only 6. Short passing game basically. A lot of qbs can do that... I'm just saying.

I dont want this guy to fail, believe or not. But at this time, August 2014, he has not shown the greatness that tuel supporters feel he has.

Edited by Clippers of Nfl

This is well said. If he played lights out with his opportunity, then I could understand all the hype.

But he's just been average. Last year we gotta be honest, he was way below average.

This first preseason he was decent. By now way lights out. Gave up 2 sacks. (Ok maybe not him, but it happened on his drives)

1 td 1 int 12/17 74 yards. Higher percentage compared to last year, I'll credit that.

In all fairness his yards per completion for hof game was only 6. Short passing game basically. A lot of qbs can do that... I'm just saying.

I dont want this guy to fail, believe or not. But at this time, August 2014, he has not shown the greatness that tuel supporters feel he has.

Both you guys said it the best... those posts should be pinned

I don't think anyone is saying that he is great. Some of the posters just feel that at this point in time, T seems to be playing better than EJ. We shall see.

I don't think anyone is saying that he is great. Some of the posters just feel that at this point in time, T seems to be playing better than EJ. We shall see.

Which is incredibly false! That's the problem. I really do'nt know how many times I can say, Tuel is facing lesser competition and is on par if not a little worse then EJ. Better competition will cause his play to go down if history, math, science, analytics, etc are correct.

You EJ supporters just don't get it.

And you can count me as a supporter of EJ

EJ does not look like he knows how to

Play QB. He waits for people to get open

Before he throws the ball. To survive in the NFL

As a QB you have to throw the ball into

Tight spaces and throw the ball when your receiver is not quite open and he is about

To go into his move or cut.

You see as a NFL QB you not only have to

Do what I just said but you need to check down

To 3 other options in rapid succession . It's a lot to know and do in a very short amount of time.

The good QB's knows how to do this.

So with that being said it appears Tuel knows how

To this and shows he can do it on the field.

You just can't talk about it, you have to show us.

It appears to me that EJ has a problem

He has the tools and the arm and knows all

The plays. But he just can't process it quick enough and he does not like to take chances.

So what you get is a disjointed effort.

EJ won't throw the ball unless the receiver has made his cut and is now open. So if the first read is not open he dumps it to a back.

This is no way to play QB in the NFL

It may be because of this slow eyes

Process. I'm not sure what else to say

When you look at EJ he is the prototype

QB almost 6 foot 5 he's. 245 pounds

Has a great arm. He a outstanding human

Community guy. Does extra work in the off

Season. He knows the playbook inside

And out. He's great with the media.

He got it all. But it appears you can have

All that but it won't get you to be a good or great

QB unless you can process the info quickly

Like under 2 seconds and then pull the trigger

So I'm not sure what the Bills or EJ can do about

That. Can you get him to start processing

4 receivers doing 4 different patterns at the same time and have EJ recognize who is the right guy

To throw to and then have him throw the ball

Before the receiver makes his cut.

It really comes down to this process that separates mediocre QB play vs a QB

That can do what I just described.

It appears Tuel can do what I described

Above and EJ can't at this point.

I really wish EJ could because I love the guy.

But I love the Bills more.

Is it any wonder for the first time at

Camp yesterday that

EJ and Tuel split first team reps

Tuel does not play QB like EJ.

Tuel makes the proper check downs.

Dumps it to a back as a last resort.

He throws the ball into tighter spaces

And throws the ball before his receivers

Make there cut.

I know it's hard to believe that a Undrafted

Free agent QB like Tuel could be a better QB

But it's happening because Tuel is able to process what is happening In front of him in

A quick manner and then pull the trigger

To me he has the QB Mind of a Marino

Warner, Kelly, Moon.

The good ones have this trait

I'm not saying Tuel will be those QB's

But he does seem to know what you

Have to do as a pro QB.

This is a guy that had no o-line in college

And a very poor team in front of him.

yet he was able to overcome not having

Time to throw the ball. He still managed

To break most of Drew Bledsoe's records.

I would love EJ to get going.

Please EJ show us something any thing

To give us bills fans hope.

Great post/poem. He sees the soft spots, or where the best advantage lies, and how those change moment to moment during the play. Including down field and rushers. That is more of a key attribute than the readily observable physical ones.

Not only that but he uses that info to manipulate defenders with eyes and fakes to open opportunities

Of course there is a minimum needed on the physical stuff too. His mobility definitely meets that minimum. His arm seems to, but not sure we will really know until we see it proved consistently in real games.

Great post/poem. He sees the soft spots, or where the best advantage lies, and how those change moment to moment during the play. Including down field and rushers. That is more of a key attribute than the readily observable physical ones.

Not only that but he uses that info to manipulate defenders with eyes and fakes to open opportunities

Of course there is a minimum needed on the physical stuff too. His mobility definitely meets that minimum. His arm seems to, but not sure we will really know until we see it proved consistently in real games.

My greatest hope for Tuel is that he's holding a clipboard on the sideline on gamedays for the next 14 years. I hope he can become a solid 2nd stringer. Time will tell.

The reality is that this will never happen. Once the staff/FO gives up on EJ, they are done. They are going to ride him out.

The only way Tuel sneaks in as a starter is through injury to EJ and then playing lights out.

agreed. fully.

there might be some sort of chance that they get next year and can bring in a vet - but i really wouldnt bank on it. that they didnt get any safety net going into this year says to me its EJ all the way - wherever that takes them.

I wrote that you give time to EJ this year.

My point is that Tuel is outplaying EJ in Preseason, he seems to be developing nicely. How can one rate him a backup after 1.5 games?

WHAT DO THE BILLS HAVE IN TUEL??? Either let him play, or let him go. Screw backup....Backups can be found everywhere.

i guess, how can you say anything about how the guys are playing in preseason so far if you cant rate him based off a 4 year college career, last preseason, and 60 passes last year?

Thats not to say theres no chance, but lets not pretend that hes shined consistently or has no track record showing his limited upside.

When Tuel starts dominating the 2s and 3s, I mean destroying them, I then give him a shot with the 1's. He has not done that to date. He looks on par with EJ against worse competition. SO if history, stats, math, science tells me something, against better competiton he will get worse. So what makes you think he will be better against 1's?

When have you seen EJ destroy 2s and 3s? I haven't seen EJ play well consistently with any group. Have you? And why make this a Tuel vs. EJ thing? Can't it just be about Tuel?

If Tuel plays well with 2s and 3s then it seems rather logical that if he had time to develop some chemistry with 1's he just might look good with 1's too? Seems logical to me...

I like Tuel but i think he's getting a little too much airtime and hype here. The bottom line is that it's happening because we are desparate to see our #1 QB succeed and frankly, he's not looking the least bit special. Not even good or decent at this point. So until that happens the Tuel hype (and Thad if he gets going)...will continue to gain momentum.