I hate Jeff Tuel; Not really hate, but you know what I mean

When have you seen EJ destroy 2s and 3s? I haven't seen EJ play well consistently with any group. Have you? And why make this a Tuel vs. EJ thing? Can't it just be about Tuel?

If Tuel plays well with 2s and 3s then it seems rather logical that if he had time to develop some chemistry with 1's he just might look good with 1's too? Seems logical to me...

Um, in EJ's only action against 2's last year (vs. Min in the preseason) he went 10-12 for 92 yards and a TD.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When have you seen EJ destroy 2s and 3s? I haven't seen EJ play well consistently with any group. Have you? And why make this a Tuel vs. EJ thing? Can't it just be about Tuel?

If Tuel plays well with 2s and 3s then it seems rather logical that if he had time to develop some chemistry with 1's he just might look good with 1's too? Seems logical to me...

Because it is an EJ V Tuel thing. You can move Tuel up the depth chart without direct effect to EJ. EJ threw 3 straight touchdown passes yesterday but you didn't hear about that did you? That would not fit the medias agenda. The thing he has not been playing well AGAINST 2nd and 3rd string defenses, he has been average. Which means against tougher competition his stats would go down even more, no?

The thing he has not been playing well AGAINST 2nd and 3rd string defenses, he has been average. Which means against tougher competition his stats would go down even more, no?

Maybe, maybe not......When you play with 1's your supporting cast is also better which can make you look better.....depends how close in talent your 1's and 2's are and how close in talent their 1's and 2's are..right?

Average my ass now here's a real QB

Running gunning improvising

Against all odds with people in his face

I present Jeff Tuel

Just a guy who bows what it takes

To play quarterback

Look I can provide highlights to make a guy look good too....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXcyUjqcDWY

Edited by CountDorkula

Average my ass now here's a real QB

Running gunning improvising

Against all odds with people in his face

I present Jeff Tuel

Just a guy who bows what it takes

To play quarterback

http://youtu.be/PfGbUu5byP4

He blows what it takes alright... or whatever you wrote ... He is a champion with an unmistakable pedigree... we can't afford to miss out on this one, guys...

I think one of the things I like most about Tuel is his tendency to look for the big play and his willingness to try it. Donovan McNabb had that similar trait. I always loved that about him.

When you know your quarterback is more likely to take a shot down field, it makes the guy more exciting to watch.

Even when Tuel is pressured, he is still looking to make a big play down field. A couple other good QB's who had that trait are Rothlisberger and good ole' Brett Favre.

I think one of the things I like most about Tuel is his tendency to look for the big play and his willingness to try it. Donovan McNabb had that similar trait. I always loved that about him.

When you know your quarterback is more likely to take a shot down field, it makes the guy more exciting to watch.

Even when Tuel is pressured, he is still looking to make a big play down field. A couple other good QB's who had that trait are Rothlisberger and good ole' Brett Favre.

We should pick this guy up. Check out his college film.

Since we are going to video now... I'm linking the one below to the folks who continue to say Tuel is a skinny little man that doesn't look the part of a QB. Yes, i know the chick interviewing him is probably tiny but still, the guy has some Brady Quinn like guns, lol.. Gives a good interview too. Seems like a good dude as does EJ. Wish him well.

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Under-Review-Jeff-Tuel/cf69370c-d5c9-46b7-9d31-8be4cbaa3571

We should pick this guy up. Check out his college film. - Vince Young

I don't get the comparison. VY is pretty much opposite of what I was talking about. He made more big plays with his feet than with his arm. Fun to watch though when he was in college. Hard to believe he was a bust in the NFL.

Give me a pocket passer who looks to throw a touchdown on every series and only checks down because the defense took away the big play.

Tuel is a great prospect... and hopefully he will become a real #2 NFL QB. If he wins the #2 job I hope the Bills go out and find another prospect to compete. Seems that the backup job in Buffalo has been dominated by guys that have been around without any real upside and cant play.

I agree Tuel played on a bad team with a bad coach and subpar talent. yet when you watch this

Guy play he just has a gift about him.

He knows how to play QB

Watch how many times this guy goes to a 2nd or 3rd option it's uncanny. I remember years ago

When the Rams QB Trent Green went down

We all laughed at Dick Vermeil. Said hey were

Going to go with Kurt Warner.

I was playing fantasy football at the time

And were like yeah right Kurt Warner the Seattle

Running back. We all thought it was ridiculous

When I watch this I look at his decision making

And how he just seems to throw the ball with time at the right speed or into spots or squeeze them in. He's good so be thankful we have him on the

Roster

How he broke most of Drew Bledsoe records I will never know with that kind of talent around him.

Look he played in the PAC-10 not sub par kind of conference this guy who wrote this scouting

Report before Tuel came out was right

http://rotobahn.com/blog/scouting-report-jeff-tuel-qb-washington-state/

Here's a copy of it

By: Pete Davidson : April 11, 2013 11:07pm

I’m back with another underrated player. Washington State’s Jeff Tuel is a quarterback that we like a whole lot. I have to say, we are amazed that some people aren’t even talking about this guy. The fact that he failed to get a combine invite was equally puzzling.

After watching a lot of game film, we feel that Tuel could be a very solid starter in the NFL. We don’t even think it will take that much time if he lands with a decent team. Tuel is close to being game-ready right now. The big key for him, as we see it, is his health and durability. Tuel took a lot of hits in his time as a Cougar had a rough time with a clavicle injury in 2011. He came back too soon only to re-injure it and end up out for the season.

Here are the positive things that show up consistently on film...

Good mechanics and a good arm. No worries about making the throws at the next level.

Excellent mobility for a pocket passer. He can buy time and pick up extra yardage at times.

Has an accurate arm on the intermediate and deep balls.

Has a good feel for the position. Uses touch when needed but can fire the ball in there too. He throws a beautiful fade ball in the red zone.

He’s relaxed in the pocket and sees the field well.

Keeps his eyes downfield even when his protections breaks down, which it often did. This will serve him well as a pro.

Has a good quick release and can set up and throw when on the run.

We have no doubt that this kid can play in the NFL if he stays healthy. As I said earlier, if he lands in a good situation, he could excel by his second season. We think his upside compares quite favorably to Matt Schaub and Tuel has better mobility than the Texans’ starter. If we were running an NFL team, we doubt Tuel would make it to the 5th round, which is earlier than we’ve seen him projected anywhere.

In a draft that lacks a lock stud QB, we’d rather draft Jeff Tuel in round five than any other QB in round one or two. The more we watch this year's group of QBs, the more we think the way to win this draft is to wait and get great value. It’s going to be very interesting to see where Tuel lands. The Patriots have had him in for a visit. He’d be a very good fit for their offense.

I’ll be back tomorrow with another player who should be getting more respect. Here’s a look at Jeff Tuel. It’s from Washington State’s Crimson and Gray Game, but it’s good quality footage.

So you think Tuel is the next Brett Favre?

/TuelBashers

So you think Tuel is the next Brett Favre?

Nope...didn't try to imply that...Simply saying he shares that one trait (always looking for the homerun opportunity) that I personally like to see in my quarterback...that's all...