EJ looked calm and in control..

Meanwhile in the Tweet thread, there have been multiple good passes, apparently as well. But hey, the only one that gets reported here is the mistake.

Such as these?

Sal Maiorana@salmaiorana 16m

Of course if Manuel throws passes like the one he just had picked, lessens Watkins chances of plucking those balls

Sal Maiorana@salmaiorana 51m

It's increasingly troublesome to watch EJ Manuel check down almost every play - even in 7-on-7. Throw it downfield please. #bills

Tim Graham@ByTimGraham 49m

My biggest concern for EJ Manuel is that he pats the ball so much before checking down the friction will burn off his fingerprints.

Tim Graham@ByTimGraham 43m

OK ... Yes! RT @bullmktgenius do you actually see any improvement? Can you please lie to me if you don't?

Sal Maiorana@salmaiorana 21m

Watching Sammy Watkins pluck balls out of the air is a thing of beauty. What a pair of mitts on that guy. #bills

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Such as these?

Sal Maiorana@salmaiorana 16m

Of course if Manuel throws passes like the one he just had picked, lessens Watkins chances of plucking those balls

Sal Maiorana@salmaiorana 51m

It's increasingly troublesome to watch EJ Manuel check down almost every play - even in 7-on-7. Throw it downfield please. #bills

Tim Graham@ByTimGraham 49m

My biggest concern for EJ Manuel is that he pats the ball so much before checking down the friction will burn off his fingerprints.

Tim Graham@ByTimGraham 43m

OK ... Yes! RT @bullmktgenius do you actually see any improvement? Can you please lie to me if you don't?

Sal Maiorana@salmaiorana 21m

Watching Sammy Watkins pluck balls out of the air is a thing of beauty. What a pair of mitts on that guy. #bills

I think even you can see that EJ is being totally overscrutinized by these particular 2 reporters that are putting out these tweets.......if you compare the reports coming out of camp and you compare it with the individual observations coming out of camp these reporters are reporting a fraction of the good and almost all of the bad

I think even you can see that EJ is being totally overscrutinized by these particular 2 reporters that are putting out these tweets.......if you compare the reports coming out of camp and you compare it with the individual observations coming out of camp these reporters are reporting a fraction of the good and almost all of the bad

They could be right but they are the 2 biggest tools in the local media. If I was Marrone, I would have flip out on those 2 a long time ago.

Unless the bills think that EJ is that guy.

Look....EJ Manuel was not drafted in the 3rd round......he is a 1st round pick

When you make the investment of a 1st round pick.....you ride that decision until it is apparent that it was the WRONG decision. We are FAR from that point.

He was the only first round QB in a very weak draft class for QBs. The team will have a much better understanding whether he's the guy by October of this year.

John, it's like you haven't been following this team for the last 20 years. Tell me how well did the "he just needs a little more time" line of thinking work out with every single QB since Kelly? If anything, Bills should have pulled the trigger much faster on these projects, or at least gotten a lot more competition in camp instead of riding the hope that some light would turn on.

Just because Bills drafted EJ in round 1 doesn't mean anything if he can't progress, and they should be quick with the hook if he can't. As been noted, Bills should keep bringing QBs in until they find the guy.

This post pretty much sums it up.

They put all their faith into EJ with absolutely no plan in place if he fails. What if he is god awful during the season? We put in Tuel? Our season is in flames if this happens.

We have arguably one of the worse QB situations in the league, hence the reason I don't see this team sniffing the playoffs let alone the .500 mark. Signing Vick(Although he is made of glass and turns the ball over way too much in the red zone) would've been a smart move, IMO. He gives the Bills a very quality back up if EJ struggles or gets hurt(both of which are likely to happen).

EJ wasn't "god awful" last year, as a rookie, so I doubt the coaches believe he would be "god awful" this year with a better line, improved weapons, a QB coach, and some experience. Could he have a bad game or two? Certainly.

Now, the backup situation is indeed questionable, but suggesting the Bills should have signed an injury prone turnover machine rather than what they have is funny.

EJ wasn't "god awful" last year, as a rookie, so I doubt the coaches believe he would be "god awful" this year with a better line, improved weapons, a QB coach, and some experience. Could he have a bad game or two? Certainly.

Now, the backup situation is indeed questionable, but suggesting the Bills should have signed an injury prone turnover machine rather than what they have is funny.

They did last year and he immediately got hurt twice before he could even turn on the machine.

They did last year and he immediately got hurt twice before he could even turn on the machine.

LOL -- true. And going back to Vick, my lasting memory of him is perhaps the only good play ever registered by Kelvin Sheppard in a Bills' uniform, blasting the QB as he floated a pick-6 to Nick Barnett. And that was three years ago. Yeah, we really wanted him.

Unless the bills think that EJ is that guy.

Look....EJ Manuel was not drafted in the 3rd round......he is a 1st round pick

When you make the investment of a 1st round pick.....you ride that decision until it is apparent that it was the WRONG decision. We are FAR from that point.

We are precisely 1 season from that point. Not that far, really.

He was the only first round QB in a very weak draft class for QBs. The team will have a much better understanding whether he's the guy by October of this year.

John, it's like you haven't been following this team for the last 20 years. Tell me how well did the "he just needs a little more time" line of thinking work out with every single QB since Kelly? If anything, Bills should have pulled the trigger much faster on these projects, or at least gotten a lot more competition in camp instead of riding the hope that some light would turn on.

Just because Bills drafted EJ in round 1 doesn't mean anything if he can't progress, and they should be quick with the hook if he can't. As been noted, Bills should keep bringing QBs in until they find the guy.

GG,

You keep spinning the same record......

- IT DOES MATTER if the QB was drafted in the 1st round because a. We dont take very many QB's in the 1st round and b. This is not a veteran QB we are talking about here......

- Get a quick hook? This QB hasnt even played a 16 game season yet? Just how quick do you want to be on rookie QB's? If they followed our plan that hook would get more wear and tear on it then the rookie QB's would.

- I have been following this team for a long long......since before the 4 super bowl runs. I dont care how long you have been following it and I dont care. It doesnt change the fact that when you draft a rookie QB there are gonna be growing pains.

This post pretty much sums it up.

They put all their faith into EJ with absolutely no plan in place if he fails. What if he is god awful during the season? We put in Tuel? Our season is in flames if this happens.

We have arguably one of the worse QB situations in the league, hence the reason I don't see this team sniffing the playoffs let alone the .500 mark. Signing Vick(Although he is made of glass and turns the ball over way too much in the red zone) would've been a smart move, IMO. He gives the Bills a very quality back up if EJ struggles or gets hurt(both of which are likely to happen).

it is interesting that you agreed that it "pretty much sums it up" then went immed to one side of the EJ arguement.....you didnt understand what that poster said at all.

We are precisely 1 season from that point. Not that far, really.

I know that....what I mean is we shouldnt be dismissing him until that point. A FULL season away.

Then you've been ignoring everything that's been wrong with this franchise for the last 14 seasons, because it's been plainly obvious to everyone else. If EJ shows no signs of improvement this year, they need to move on ASAP, and not waste more time.

This team wasted a decade in thinking that mediocre talents will turn into gold. I don't fault them for that hope. But I do fault them for putting all the eggs in the basket of a mediocre talent turning into gold. That's how they passed on pretty good QBs, because they didn't want to give up the snaps for Losman, Edwards and Fitzpatrick.

Then you've been ignoring everything that's been wrong with this franchise for the last 14 seasons, because it's been plainly obvious to everyone else. If EJ shows no signs of improvement this year, they need to move on ASAP, and not waste more time.

This team wasted a decade in thinking that mediocre talents will turn into gold. I don't fault them for that hope. But I do fault them for putting all the eggs in the basket of a mediocre talent turning into gold. That's how they passed on pretty good QBs, because they didn't want to give up the snaps for Losman, Edwards and Fitzpatrick.

The grass is ALWAYS greener....

.... over the septic tank

As I have said many many times....you cannot blame the current bills for decisions that were made 10 years ago......this actual group has been together for a couple of years..........last years draft looked to be outstanding all around......this years draft looks promising. Free agency looks solid so far....additions like Hughes, Spikes, etc etc

You have to take each group of decision makers time periods individually and not look at the the bills as a whole for the past 15 years and it isn unfair to do so

I will also add that if you are listening to what people are saying....even optomists agree that progress needs to be made this year or we need to think about life beyond EJ Manuel........but you cannot do that until he has been given a legit chance WE HE HAS NOT HAD YET.

Edited by John from Hemet

How has the current crew handled last year's QB situation? How comfortable are you with this year's situation? If the QB play is subpar again, then you can kids the season goodbye again with a big fat kiss from the Browns.

All the roster moves will be for naught if one guy sucks.

Edited by GG

What could they have done better? What QB out there would have been so much better that trigger should have been pulled?

I think I covered it in another thread. And again, you're offering false choices. Whaley painted himself into a corner by betting this and next year on EJ's progress.

Edited by GG

dude....im not digging up your threads. We are having a conversation now. If you dont feel like restating it thats ok.

I feel that short of using a draft pick on another QB (and then taking the time to groom THAT QB) there was nothing even romotely close to being a definate solution at QB

The bills decided to biuld the team up around EJ manuel......we are stacked on OL, WR, and RB......we have depth on top of depth. And they are bringing along their 1st round QB.

If he falls on his face this year.....it will be time to make a change. I dont think he is going to.

dude....im not digging up your threads. We are having a conversation now. If you dont feel like restating it thats ok.

I feel that short of using a draft pick on another QB (and then taking the time to groom THAT QB) there was nothing even romotely close to being a definate solution at QB

The bills decided to biuld the team up around EJ manuel......we are stacked on OL, WR, and RB......we have depth on top of depth. And they are bringing along their 1st round QB.

If he falls on his face this year.....it will be time to make a change. I dont think he is going to.

+1