Buffalo is winning the AFC East Division this year.

If the defense can be in the top 15 in the league, I believe the Bills can take the division with ease.

Had they had a top 15 defense for the past 4 years, they would have gone to the playoffs every year, in my opinion. But there's no sense in looking back.

Looking forward ... as much as people like to say this team will go as EJ goes ... I think this team goes as the D goes. The offense will score enough points to win most games. Just like they did last year.

Go Bills!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe this is entirely possible. They were a good competitive team last year and I believe they will be better this year. If EJ can stay healthy, and the D performs to it's potential, this could be a very formidable team.

The Chandler injury opens the door for Gragg to come out of nowhere and be EJ's Ben Coats...opening up the deep ball which EJ will no longer throw out of bounds, letting Freddie and CJ run wild...The Bills make a run for the Division but settle for a wild card...That's how my dream goes....

In defense of the OP, the Bills had a new GM, new HC, new everything including a bunch of rookies all over the place. They had one of the worst LGs in the recent history of the Bills. Byrd sat out TC and missed a number of games. Stevie had his problems. Gilmore was hurt and on and on. Yet they went 6-10 and were close to victory in at least 3 other games.

This year most of the likely starters are a year more experienced as is the GM and the coaching staff. I believe Schwartz will do great, and we certainly upgraded at least one D coaching position. In fact, even with the loss of Kiko, the D overall looks like it's better than last year, both with off-season signings and from the draft. The addition of Sammy and Mike Williams has to be an upgrade to the offense as are the additions of Brown and Dixon. And the OL also appears to be much more of a strength than in recent campaigns. And I like the coaching additions that are mainly about EJ.

And that gets us to the key to this team's success this year: EJ, who has to improve his play and stay healthy. I know some around here are concerned about how he looks in TC so far yet his coaches, teammates and outsiders such as Collingsworth and even Jaws seem suitably impressed and claim he's made great improvement over last year. We shall see. But even if his improvement is only so-so, with the changes to the roster and the coaching staff, I believe this team will improve its W-L record by at least three wins. Anything less has to be seen as a disappointment considering the changes made, and what it has cost. And, yes, I think they can win the AFCE outright. A lot has to go right, particularly with EJ, and they have to stay healthy. But I'm with Brandon Spikes: "This team is going to shock the world."

If Chris Johnson has a resurgent season, the Jets will be real tough. Knowshon Moreno will get hurt for the Phins. Edelman as your best WR, long term, not a winning formula. Bills could very well contend, but they need Spikes to be a better run stopper than Alonso was.

That would be great. They need to get lucky with Injuries and turnover ratio; they need to do what KC did last year. Could happen. Why not? But EJ's not going to become a miracle worker in his 1st full season.

You mean start off 9-0 and then free fall the second half of the season at 2-5, assing into a playoff game only to cough up a 4 TD 3rd quarter lead?

Yeah, that would be pretty sweet....

If the defense can be in the top 15 in the league, I believe the Bills can take the division with ease.

Had they had a top 15 defense for the past 4 years, they would have gone to the playoffs every year, in my opinion. But there's no sense in looking back.

Looking forward ... as much as people like to say this team will go as EJ goes ... I think this team goes as the D goes. The offense will score enough points to win most games. Just like they did last year.

Go Bills!

They had a top 10 defense last year.

You mean start off 9-0 and then free fall the second half of the season at 2-5, assing into a playoff game only to cough up a 4 TD 3rd quarter lead?

I'd take it over 5 & 11........... :lol:

There, I said it. No disrespect to any of the other teams in the division. But this truly is our time! The Patriots are the Patriots but we have played them very close in at least one game per year for the last few years and we have let them off the hook more than them winning those games.

I do expect the Jets to be a very difficult task for the Bills. They will have a strong ground game with a stifling defense. QB Geno Smith won't have the weapons that EJ has and quite frankly I think EJ is the better QB. There would be no shame in a split with them and that is what's going to be needed to capture the division.

The Dolphins should be last in the division but that doesn't make them a push over. With an unsettled OL the Bills' DL should be able to put plenty of pressure on Tannehill. Their ground game isn't intimidating and while they have decent WRs and a solid TE this is where we win on defense.

I do believe that 9-7 or 10-6 can win this division and that it's very realistic for the Bills to achieve this. Of course if we were to take significant injuries than you can throw all this out the window but the same could be said for any other team in the league. Could the Bills even have a better record than this? Of course they can but a lot of things would have to fall in place for them for this to happen. All I want is for them is to play good sound football and not shoot themselves in the foot like they have so many times in the past several years. 2014 is our time, now let's go do it!

Go Bills!

I'll believe it when I see it. I don't see the Bills doing much better than last year.

you failed to mention the most important part of the division. THE PATS! if the jets will be tough for us and the phins no walk in the park, what are your thoughts on those two games versus NE

Think you better read again. He mentioned the Pats first.

I don't think it's a stretch at all. I expect this team to get better each week, even if they start slowly against the Bears. Playing an out of conference opponent, on the road, to start the season might be the best part of the schedule as it allows them to play with house money essentially. Even if they lose, it's week one and a non conference loss that won't haunt them late in the year. Plus, they follow that game up with two winnable home games, the first being the Fins AND the home opener meaning the Ralph will be rocking regardless of the outcome in Chicago. A 3-1 start to the season is very possible.

The second quarter of the season is tougher with the *pats coming to town and two games on the road against the Lions and Jets. The *pats (they're not even worthy of being capitalized anymore) game is a must win. If they can hit that game at 5-1 or 4-2, the Ralph will be insane and I think tips the scales. If the Bills can finish the first half of the season at 5-3, or 6-2 the second half of the season becomes a coming out party for the team and momentum carries them past the Chiefs, Fins, Jets and Browns with three of those being at home. 9-3 or 10-2 makes the Denver and Greenbay easier to bear if the wheels fall off. A split, or even a sweep, wouldn't be the end of the world as Oakland will be a great bounce-back remedy despite the west coast trip.

That would set up the division title to be decided in the last week of the season.

All of that is idealistic of course, but if you can't be optimistic at this time of the year then what's the point?!

I like it!

Don't forget every year are good teams we thought were bad and vice-versa....

Bills stay healthy and Manuel should get better throughout the season, anything can happen.

Go Bills!

There, I said it. No disrespect to any of the other teams in the division. But this truly is our time! The Patriots are the Patriots but we have played them very close in at least one game per year for the last few years and we have let them off the hook more than them winning those games.

I do expect the Jets to be a very difficult task for the Bills. They will have a strong ground game with a stifling defense. QB Geno Smith won't have the weapons that EJ has and quite frankly I think EJ is the better QB. There would be no shame in a split with them and that is what's going to be needed to capture the division.

The Dolphins should be last in the division but that doesn't make them a push over. With an unsettled OL the Bills' DL should be able to put plenty of pressure on Tannehill. Their ground game isn't intimidating and while they have decent WRs and a solid TE this is where we win on defense.

I do believe that 9-7 or 10-6 can win this division and that it's very realistic for the Bills to achieve this. Of course if we were to take significant injuries than you can throw all this out the window but the same could be said for any other team in the league. Could the Bills even have a better record than this? Of course they can but a lot of things would have to fall in place for them for this to happen. All I want is for them is to play good sound football and not shoot themselves in the foot like they have so many times in the past several years. 2014 is our time, now let's go do it!

Go Bills!

The Sammy Watkins trade is exciting in terms of risk of potential and there are a lot of offensive weapons. The defense should be above average despite some loses (Alonso and Byrd). The season will hinge on how our quarterback develops. If he's good a record of 9-7 to possibly 10-6 is not out of the question. However, if there is no improvement, anywhere from 4-12 to 6-10 could be realistic.

They had a top 10 defense last year.

Points/game and total points they were 20th. Pettine was able to improve the defense in a lot of ways. But the bottom line is the team who gives up the least points wins the game. We gave up too many points.

love it

Got psyched up more and more reading each post then, just like October, reality sets in.

I Shirley hope we are not 5-11.

I'd much rather the Bills go 11-5, but I just don't see that happening. I'll still root hard for the Bills every Sunday though.

They're going to need a LOT of balls to bounce their way to have a successful season.

Hedging at 9-7 or 10-6 and winning the division...Boo. This is a 12-4 team barring significant injury beyond what we already have on our plate. IF...yes, IF EJ makes the necessary leap to competent, 15-20 best QB range, the Bills will surprise even the most giddy and optimistic Bills fan and analyst and get 12 wins...

Drugs are bad mmmkay?

Patriots take the division easily. Don't forget this is a team that went to the AFCCG last year despite being decimated with injuries etc...

Gronk is back, As is Wilfork, Mayo and Kelly. Add to that the additions of Revis and Browner along with the further development of LB Jamie Collins and at least one of the young WRs they have and the division is a lock.