Raiders Looking at San Antonio

jimmy10

I'm surprised they aren't looking at LA. This is the first time San Antonio has come up in these kinds of discussions. I hope they stay in Oakland but if they can't get a stadium there then LA is the next best option imo

I remember San Antonio hosted the Saints immediately post-Hurricane Katrina. I remember hearing they were angling to move the team there permanently. I don't know a thing about the Alamo Dome, but it sounds like it's a turnkey stadium solution.

Man o man they do have some "crazies" as fans.

Anyway, it wouldn't surprise me that Mark Davis is not just making threats to move to get the Oakland leaders to give in to his demands for a new stadium. Sometimes it takes a move for a city to realize what they lose when their beloved NFL team moves away.

It would warm my heart to see Jones getting some competition for fans from another NFL team

You want to give Jerry some competition, stick a team in Ft. Worth and build a 2 billion dollar stadium for them.

naa, Jones has said he gets a lot of fans from the San Antonio area just the same way RW used to say he got a lot of fans from Rochester. Its like a stake in a vampires heart for Jones to not have his club seats, and luxury boxes filled. All it might take to see the Raiders get to the playoffs after to moving to SA.

We Bills fans would feel so bad about that, now wouldn't we. B-)

San Antonio would not be a good market. I think it is too much in the Cowboy camp. This seems like silly posturing, anyway. The Raiders should and, I believe, will love back to LA

Doubtful, as they couldn't fill the coliseum when they were there in 82-94, and had many games blacked out. Besides the committee there already refused his father on luxury boxes and club seats. Kinda why no NFL team really wants to move there.

Its going to take a new stadium being built to get another NFL team in LA, and so far nobody wants to speculate a billion dollars to build a stadium without* that promise of an NFL team.

Edited by FeartheLosing

San Antonio would not be a good market. I think it is too much in the Cowboy camp. This seems like silly posturing, anyway. The Raiders should and, I believe, will love back to LA

I wouldn't be too sure of that...its' one of the biggest cities in country, and only an hour away from Austin, one of the fastest growing cities in the country. San Antonio takes a lot of pride in their one pro sports team, the Spurs. I realize, an NFL team is a little different, but Spurs tickets aren't dirt cheap, and they manage to draw an average of 18,500 for 41 regular season basketball games... Central Texas is busting at the seams...I actually think a pro football team would do pretty well there.

I don't know many that travel from Austin (where I am ) to Houston or Dallas for games, though many would id themselves as Cowboy or Texans fans...or, in true Texas fashion, they would be fans of both, and throw their allegiances to whichever one was doing better. Throw into that equation, San Antonio is predominantly Hispanic... I would hazard to guess that the Raiders are the most popular pro football team amongst Hispanics, who don't live in an NFL city, and many that do.

Still... despite my excellent argument, I don't see it happening! :lol:

Edited by Buftex

Jones did say today that San Antonio is Cowboy territory.

F...you Jerry.

Not so fun having competition digging in your backyard is it you f..ing hypocrite. Southern Ontario is BUFFALO Bills territory and I hope you remember in the days and weeks ahead that Ralph would not vote for a relocation out of Oakland....because he didn't for any franchise.

Scum bag.

Edited by Big Blitz

I disagree. San Antonio is huge. The military population alone, may be larger than Buffalo. Add in the Hispanic population, and I can see the silver and black doing very well in San antonio. Their colors would even match the spurs, no?

Good. Let Jerruh worry about someone encroaching on "his" territory rather than trying to fellate Bon Jovi all the way to Toronto.

Exactly... :thumbsup:

Karma Jerry...Karma... :D

San Antonio is a fine market...Plenty big...But Jones will fight it tooth and nail...