Newbie adivse for attending first game

Show up to a private lot with some food and beer and say what's up to those around you. Party on.

Never sat in the club section but have heard they sit on their hands and give you ugly looks for cheering.

Don't pay any attention, this is just a rumor spread to keep out the riffraff. You will have your own wait staff and might I suggest the Menu Degustacion.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Hammers an open lot on a first come first serve basis? Do they actually tailgate in this lot? If Hammers is full what other lots do you recommend for tailgating that will be open to accepting a newbie?

Yes.

Yes, in fact "tailgate" is putting it mildly.

If it's full, park in the Danny's South lot and walk over to Hammer's (basically across the road). Or just hang out in Danny's lot (that's where we park).

Is Hammers an open lot on a first come first serve basis? Do they actually tailgate in this lot? If Hammers is full what other lots do you recommend for tailgating that will be open to accepting a newbie?

Each game I fill up @ different times. The opener Hammers Lot will fill up fast as I host the Huge TBDAHOT party (reserved parking list thread starting around 8-4-14). Chargers game Bills Mafia annual tweet fest tailgate. Third game on I would say 9 - 9:30 am the lot will be full Instead of parking way down @ dannys you could park @ 4155 Abbott Rd (Hammers Lot II) or on Glen St. which is a lot closer to the Ralph. Parking is first come, first served. Edited by Hammered a Lot

Arriving at 11? Plenty of time to tailgate? Or you could get there at 8am with the rest of the grown ups. Party on.

For the opener I like to get there at about 7:30am - on Saturday! Too bad our RV trip is getting pushed this year (stupid work / having to make a living).

OP, per everyone's advice, just find Hammer's Lot and hang with TBD! You might there there are just a bunch of Internet nerds on this board, but in real life we're a bunch of models, actors and scholars...

Also, watchout for the molemen and those tailgating too hard, they'll get ya!

Yes.

Yes, in fact "tailgate" is putting it mildly.

If it's full, park in the Danny's South lot and walk over to Hammer's (basically across the road). Or just hang out in Danny's lot (that's where we park).

Thanks for the info on Danny's South, sounds like there are plenty of good choices for tailgating before the game, do these lots continue to tailgate after the game? Since it sounds like its necessary to arrive early before these lots fill-up, do they eat breakfast, lunch and dinner when there's a 1pm game?

It's a tradition that all new game attendees run on the field naked in the 3rd quarter. Just strip down, climb over the wall and head for midfield. Security will act like they are putting you in a choke hold and drag you off the field but it's all part of the ceremony to welcome you as a new Bills fan.

Each game I fill up @ different times. The opener Hammers Lot will fill up fast as I host the Huge TBDAHOT party (reserved parking list thread starting around 8-4-14). Chargers game Bills Mafia annual tweet fest tailgate. Third game on I would say 9 - 9:30 am the lot will be full Instead of parking way down @ dannys you could park @ 4155 Abbott Rd (Hammers Lot II) or on Glen St. which is a lot closer to the Ralph. Parking is first come, first served.

Now I'm very curious, what is the TDBAHOT party? Sounds like you are the event coordinator for Hammers, is Hammers II just as much fun?

In this era of Bills football, bring some good painkillers and a flask of scotch.

JK, ... have a great time!!

I guess its like a marriage, need to support them in the good and bad times. But I sure wish I could have seen them play live in the Jim Kelly era, I hope to meet some other fans who have, it had to be a fantastic experience to see them play then.

For the opener I like to get there at about 7:30am - on Saturday! Too bad our RV trip is getting pushed this year (stupid work / having to make a living).

OP, per everyone's advice, just find Hammer's Lot and hang with TBD! You might there there are just a bunch of Internet nerds on this board, but in real life we're a bunch of models, actors and scholars...

Also, watchout for the molemen and those tailgating too hard, they'll get ya!

I would be comfortable hanging out with the nerds instead of the models and actors, unless they are female, lol.

It's a tradition that all new game attendees run on the field naked in the 3rd quarter. Just strip down, climb over the wall and head for midfield. Security will act like they are putting you in a choke hold and drag you off the field but it's all part of the ceremony to welcome you as a new Bills fan.

Do NOT listen to Promo! He tricked me into this a few years back and now I am not even allowed back in the country! :wallbash:

Go to Hammer's..

I do not think I could get drunk enough that early in the day to be talked into that!! Sounds like fun, other than the choke hold part.

Now I'm very curious, what is the TDBAHOT party? Sounds like you are the event coordinator for Hammers, is Hammers II just as much fun?

The TBDHOT is the tailgate party for the users of this forum (twobillsdrive, or TBD). It's prior to the home opener. I attended my first one last year and left knowing that it would be a yearly must-do for me. Hammer's Lot has it all, as far as scenery, fun and excitement. I, personally, wouldn't think of tailgating anywhere else.

Between the Pinto, the ketchup, the food and the cross-dresser who "manned" the grill last year ... it was a blast and I can't wait for this year's.

The TBDHOT is the tailgate party for the users of this forum (twobillsdrive, or TBD). It's prior to the home opener. I attended my first one last year and left knowing that it would be a yearly must-do for me. Hammer's Lot has it all, as far as scenery, fun and excitement. I, personally, wouldn't think of tailgating anywhere else.

Between the Pinto, the ketchup, the food and the cross-dresser who "manned" the grill last year ... it was a blast and I can't wait for this year's.

Must you be reminded again???? It's the TBDAHOT!!!!! Your memory appears to be junk... Btw, glad to see you posted bail after that Burger King fiasco!!!

As Gug said, last year was my first TBDAHOT and it too became an annual fixture on my calendar!!

I think that only applies to rockpile rookies ;)

Is Hammers an open lot on a first come first serve basis? Do they actually tailgate in this lot?

Just a reminder devices of rapid induction (wizzer bats, funnels, etc) of Al Co Hol are not allowed in Hammer's Lot. We are also a bon jovi free zone. Edited by Hammered a Lot

When a game begins at 1pm, is breakfast, lunch and then dinner after the game being made in Hammers? Are vehicles safe in the lot? I have never attended a game at the RW and have never tailgated before at any game I have attended, but its time to get in on the fun, but sorry for all of the stupid questions. If someone does not have grill (like me) and since I'm traveling from a long distance (6 hours), what is best to bring for sharing? I assume its not proper tailgating etiquette to show up empty handed.

When a game begins at 1pm, is breakfast, lunch and then dinner after the game being made in Hammers? Are vehicles safe in the lot? I have never attended a game at the RW and have never tailgated before at any game I have attended, but its time to get in on the fun, but sorry for all of the stupid questions. If someone does not have grill (like me) and since I'm traveling from a long distance (6 hours), what is best to bring for sharing? I assume its not proper tailgating etiquette to show up empty handed.

watch Tailgate32 Episode Buffalo hopefully that video will help answer some of your ?s.

watch Tailgate32 Episode Buffalo hopefully that video will help answer some of your ?s.

Just watched the video, I should not have sold the Pinto I use to own, would have made a great way to pull into Hammers, have never seen one used as a cook stove. Thanks for the video info, it was totally awesome. The Bills faithful know how to have a great time.