Newbie adivse for attending first game

I have been an avid Bills fan since the Jim Kelly era and plan to attend several home games for the first time this year and wanted some advise on how to join up with tailgaters that would be open to a stranger joining them before the game. Would like your thoughts regarding the advantages and disadvantages of the different club level seats that the Bills offer. Several of the club levels are enclosed, does this take away from the excitement of the game? Also, could you share your experiences regarding where to park. Thanks in advance and GO BILLS!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been an avid Bills fan since the Jim Kelly era and plan to attend several home games for the first time this year and wanted some advise on how to join up with tailgaters that would be open to a stranger joining them before the game. Would like your thoughts regarding the advantages and disadvantages of the different club level seats that the Bills offer. Several of the club levels are enclosed, does this take away from the excitement of the game? Also, could you share your experiences regarding where to park. Thanks in advance and GO BILLS!!

You can park anywhere and people will be friendly if you are. You can also park at (if you are there early enough) or wander over to hammers lot and hang out there as well if you like.

As FluffHead was saying, the people in the club seats tend to be considerably more reserved than the rest of the stadium. So if you want to stand all game and scream like a wildman then the clubs are not for you. If, however, you like to be comfortable then the clubs may be a good idea. Most of the club seats have an indoor area you can be in as well as a outdoor seat, some with an overhang for protection and some without. One thing about the Ralph, whatever you like in terms of seating you can pretty much get.

Welcome to the board. Where will you be coming from when attending the games

Thanks for the welcome. Will be traveling from Western Maryland, which is a big Ravens, Steelers and Redskins area. I plan to attend the Pats and Chiefs home games. Looking for a hotel the night before each game, probably somewhere south of the stadium. I'm really looking forward to seeing them play in person, although I wish that would have occurred back in the Jim Kelly era. It seems the organization is going through a great deal of change and hopefully most of it will be for the better.

You can park anywhere and people will be friendly if you are. You can also park at (if you are there early enough) or wander over to hammers lot and hang out there as well if you like.

As FluffHead was saying, the people in the club seats tend to be considerably more reserved than the rest of the stadium. So if you want to stand all game and scream like a wildman then the clubs are not for you. If, however, you like to be comfortable then the clubs may be a good idea. Most of the club seats have an indoor area you can be in as well as a outdoor seat, some with an overhang for protection and some without. One thing about the Ralph, whatever you like in terms of seating you can pretty much get.

Thanks for the information. What time does one have to arrive to park in Hammers, is it first come first serve? I like to see people having fun at the games, why else go, so maybe club is not the best option. But would like to hear from those who have club season tickets.

Show up to a private lot with some food and beer and say what's up to those around you. Party on.

Never sat in the club section but have heard they sit on their hands and give you ugly looks for cheering.

Sounds like a good plan to me. Party on!!

General advise:

Get an early start. Figure out how long it would take you to drive to the stadium if there wasn't any traffic, and leave so you would get there at 10:30. That way, you'll probably get parked around 11:00 and have plenty of time to tailgate. If you leave later, you'll spend much more time dealing with traffic, and some of the lots might be full before you even get there. If you're going to the opener, leave 30 minutes earlier. For some reason, the traffic is always worse for the opener.

Keep the food/beverages simple. For example, one small cooler with some hot dogs and your beverages, and one bag with rolls/chips. You want to be able to easily carry everything with you. If you don't want to bring a grill, that shouldn't be a problem, as long as you have something to share with the people you ask for grill space.

General advise:

Get an early start. Figure out how long it would take you to drive to the stadium if there wasn't any traffic, and leave so you would get there at 10:30. That way, you'll probably get parked around 11:00 and have plenty of time to tailgate. If you leave later, you'll spend much more time dealing with traffic, and some of the lots might be full before you even get there. If you're going to the opener, leave 30 minutes earlier. For some reason, the traffic is always worse for the home opener.

Arriving at 11? Plenty of time to tailgate? Or you could get there at 8am with the rest of the grown ups. Party on.

Yeah, I try to get there by 8 at the latest. Depends on how late I was out the night before, haha. Any private lot will do but look for one of the bigger ones. A lot of the smaller ones have families, or groups of people that know eachother. They will be friendly but maybe not as hospitable as some of the larger lots where is is more of a community event. I have sat i nthe club seats and I have sat in the Rockpile (the cheap seats in the end zone known for rowdiness) and I purchase season tickets in the Rockpile. The screaming, yelling, jumping, standing, fighting, hugging, high fiving crowd is more my type than the sit and watch a game quietly type. I can do that at home (not that I would).

Edited by FutureBillsGM

4th beer by 8?? I'm on my 3rd bloody, 2nd mimosa, and 1st shot of tequila by 8!!

8am on Sunday?? I'm usually halfway through my first bottle of ether by noon on Friday!!

:w00t:

:beer:

Arriving at 11? Plenty of time to tailgate? Or you could get there at 8am with the rest of the grown ups. Party on.

Oh man 8am that is an early start, sounds like fun to me!!

8?? I'm on my 4th beer by 8!!

4 by 8, man I know I cannot keep that pace!!

Yeah, I try to get there by 8 at the latest. Depends on how late I was out the night before, haha. Any private lot will do but look for one of the bigger ones. A lot of the smaller ones have families, or groups of people that know eachother. They will be friendly but maybe not as hospitable as some of the larger lots where is is more of a community event. I have sat i nthe club seats and I have sat in the Rockpile (the cheap seats in the end zone known for rowdiness) and I purchase season tickets in the Rockpile. The screaming, yelling, jumping, standing, fighting, hugging, high fiving crowd is more my type than the sit and watch a game quietly type. I can do that at home (not that I would).

Please let me know which lots you consider the larger ones and that you would recommend, what about Hammers, would that be a good choice?

Don't pee in the sinks.

Are you serious, are the bathroom lines that long, that people actually do that?

Oh man 8am that is an early start, sounds like fun to me!!

4 by 8, man I know I cannot keep that pace!!

Please let me know which lots you consider the larger ones and that you would recommend, what about Hammers, would that be a good choice?

Are you serious, are the bathroom lines that long, that people actually do that?

Plan on arriving at 7:15-7:30 for a home opener at Hammers... 8:00-8:30 at the latest for any other... Later than that and it will be full..