Training Camp tweets and media reports, Week 2

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huge for Joe B to say this:

Joe Buscaglia@JoeBuscaglia 8m

EJ Manuel has looked very sharp in team drills since the team got back from the rain delay. Only a couple of overthrows. #Bills

Chris Brown@ChrisBrownBills 10m

Jeff Tuel working the D-line with hard count. Got them to jump earned praise from coach Marrone. #Bills

Matthew Fairburn@MatthewFairburn 17m

Finally getting a good look at Cyril Richardson today. Taking first team reps at RG. Getting overpowered a bit, but good experience for him.

He might even steal some playing time if he keeps this going into the preseason games.

Kirby, please stay away from sharp objects.

:) Whatever you do, don't link to press reports of Colts' camp. :bag:

@WGR550: Bills training camp observations: Day 9 http://t.co/

JoeB has good things to say about EJ today. Really like to hear this.

"Once the Bills got back on the field following the rain delay Wednesday, EJ Manuel looked quite relaxed all throughout the remainder of practice. His work during team drills stood out, hitting all his receivers in stride and helping them continue to move the ball down the field. The passes were crisp and decisive just like his diagnostic skills for each passing play he participated in. Manuel only overthrew his targets a pair of times in the second half of practice — with one of them quite possibly being on purpose to a completely covered up wide receiver — making his performance a good one in the scope of what has been seen so far from the young player. It’s a definite step in the right direction as far as practice is concerned."

:) Whatever you do, don't link to press reports of Colts' camp. :bag:

Ouch. I had to check some out. Overriding theme is still the same. Ton of potential physically, but he's still a bad route runner and just can't get the mental part right. If he doesn't get it together, it's looking like he could get beat out by a less talented yet harder working guy for the second year in a row.

Ouch. I had to check some out. Overriding theme is still the same. Ton of potential physically, but he's still a bad route runner and just can't get the mental part right. If he doesn't get it together, it's looking like he could get beat out by a less talented yet harder working guy for the second year in a row.

griff Whalen? He is the hogan of the colts!

That's a sweet over the shoulder drop with good coverage and the CB seeing the ball. Nice.

JoeB has good things to say about EJ today. Really like to hear this.

"Once the Bills got back on the field following the rain delay Wednesday, EJ Manuel looked quite relaxed all throughout the remainder of practice. His work during team drills stood out, hitting all his receivers in stride and helping them continue to move the ball down the field. The passes were crisp and decisive just like his diagnostic skills for each passing play he participated in. Manuel only overthrew his targets a pair of times in the second half of practice — with one of them quite possibly being on purpose to a completely covered up wide receiver — making his performance a good one in the scope of what has been seen so far from the young player. It's a definite step in the right direction as far as practice is concerned."

Nice to see and hear good things about EJ. Is it me or does he seem to take a while to get going ? Too amped up maybe ?

Sounds like Tuel is having a better camp than Thad, and it was mentioned that neither chandler or moeakis injuries appear "serious"....

Can you remind me, what position does Moeaki play?

I'm thinking that this is a phantom player that the Bills made up to reassure their internet fans. I can see them parading a 6'5" cardboard cutout over to the exercise bike area every day.

The link to Sammy's first video and this one don't seem to work for me but I'm curious to know what was in them. Anyone fill me in?

sammy was just filming some of the players (and hackett) dancing while they were waiting for the rain delay.

Practice notes - urbik had a sore back and cut his day short, Richardson was on 1st team OL, EJ looked good, gragg was back, chandler and moeaki sat out. Tuel looks better than Thad thus far.

Nice to see and hear good things about EJ. Is it me or does he seem to take a while to get going ? Too amped up maybe ?

i was thinking about this today as well. from what the reports say he looked really good after the rain cleared. it made me wonder if it gave him a chance to settle down and relax a little.

one thing i think we can all agree on about EJ is that he really wants to be great. you can tell that he takes his job seriously. maybe some of his early camp struggles are coming from pressing a bit. i think that will certainly get better with time.

maybe he can get some of that synthetic weed from dareus.