Anyone here good at statistics?

boyst

Can't remember the last time I've agreed with Tom, but he makes a point. Time to burn the wallet.

It was Sue's homework thread.

JH, if you don't burn that clover, I'm holding you personally responsible for the Bills not making the playoffs this year.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JH, if you don't burn that clover, I'm holding you personally responsible for the Bills not making the playoffs this year.

Ever heard of the butterfly effect? I've been on a pretty good run lately, Tom. If I burn that thing, I could be living with my family in a van down by the river by Monday. That's just bad ju-ju brother. The Bills are on their own.

I found 3 more this am getting ready to work cattle. At 330 I found 8 more four leaf and 2 more five leaf in a 25-30sq foot area in less then 2 minutes as I picked up rags, tools and changed clothes in the driveway area...

Wtf...

I found 3 more this am getting ready to work cattle. At 330 I found 8 more four leaf and 2 more five leaf in a 25-30sq foot area in less then 2 minutes as I picked up rags, tools and changed clothes in the driveway area...

Wtf...

Really... What kinda of fertilizer do you use? Obviously, it isn't weed-n-feed... :D

http://www.noble.org/news/news-releases/2010/10-030/

"ARDMORE, Okla. — Turns out, the lucky four-leaf clover – a universal symbol of good fortune – is not the result of an ancient mystical force, just a special group of genes.

Research conducted by scientists at The Samuel Roberts Noble Foundation and the University of Georgia at Athens (UGA) has discovered genes responsible for causing this natural phenomenon, helping answer century-old questions about inheritance of multiple leaves in white clover.

While multiple genes dictate leaf color and shape, the study discovered a "repressor" gene specifically responsible for limiting the production of clover leaves. When the gene does not function, which can occur naturally, white clover plants develop four or more leaves.

"The four-leaf clover is a natural variation seen in nature for centuries," said Joe Bouton, Ph.D., director of the Noble Foundation's Forage Improvement Division and plant breeder. "There has been speculation about the role of inherited genes and the number of genes that cause this variation, but it has been virtually impossible to track. Until now."..."

Who whould have thought white clover was a legume!

"...Clover leaves can naturally produce a red pigmentation, or anthocyanins. Anthocyanins are believed to have certain health-benefiting characteristics. Leaves producing specific types or greater amounts of anthocyanin are capable of delivering such beneficial compounds to consuming humans and ruminant animals, such as cattle.

Additionally, experience gained through this experiment can be applied to other legumes which play an important role in agriculture. Legumes take nitrogen from the atmosphere and – using special bacteria in their roots – turn it into its own source of fertilizer, which can defer input costs for agricultural producers..."

47.982% of all statistics are manufactured on the spot.

If you knew what you were talking about you would have said 47.981% ...

Ever heard of the butterfly effect? I've been on a pretty good run lately, Tom. If I burn that thing, I could be living with my family in a van down by the river by Monday. That's just bad ju-ju brother. The Bills are on their own.

This is a Bills board so if it takes putting your family in the aforementioned van to get the elusive Lombardi then our expectation is for you and your family to suck it up and get on with it....

This is a Bills board so if it takes putting your family in the aforementioned van to get the elusive Lombardi then our expectation is for you and your family to suck it up and get on with it....

And you know where that van will be parked? Down by the river! And then he'll be the one asking to take a shower in someone elses place! ;-P ;-P

And you know where that van will be parked? Down by the river! And then he'll be the one asking to take a shower in someone elses place! ;-P ;-P

Exactly, this sounds like one of those DirecTV commercials. "Don't burn your good luck 4 leaf clover that you have been holding in your wallet for 15 years."

Exactly, this sounds like one of those DirecTV commercials. "Don't burn your good luck 4 leaf clover that you have been holding in your wallet for 15 years."

Sans the smelling of vomit and strung out on horse... I hope. I don't think the FCC would go for that twist of a plot line to DirecTV commercial. ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Wtf...

you don't happen to live downstream from a nuclear power plant by any chance? perhaps your clover is being pollenated by 5-winged bees.

you don't happen to live downstream from a nuclear power plant by any chance? perhaps your clover is being pollenated by 5-winged bees.

erJf6m4.jpg

I had found 51 total yesterday. And 3 of them were five leaf clovers.

erJf6m4.jpg

I had found 51 yesterday, and 3 five leaf clovers in five minutes.