Blackmon Arrested Again

Thanks. Does the test provide for roadside testability? I would think that tech is pretty expensive right now. Probably only get one if involved in an accident causing injury or death at the hospital.

Doubt it...also as you mentioned, chronic users (see what I did there?) have circulating "ambient" levels of about 50 ng/ml...so that aspect of the law is stupid.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How can this be true when there seems to be a trend of players who can't stop smoking it, even knowing it'll cost them millions of dollars because they won't keep their job?

Addiction isn't the same as not being smart enough to stop doing something you enjoy.

Doubt it...also as you mentioned, chronic users (see what I did there?) have circulating "ambient" levels of about 50 ng/ml...so that aspect of the law is stupid.

Chronic users, or medical cannabis patients, do often have THC levels much higher than 5ng/ml. The number of ng/ml chosen, 5, is arbitrary and will result in capable drivers being charged.

In order for the medicine to be effective for some they must maintain a therapeutic concentration higher than 5ng/ml. Really, just like many medications. Yes, I know Blackmon wasn't using medically, just sayin.

Here is an interesting article on the topic

http://www.mpp.org/r...i-laws-how.html

Edited by Bob in Mich

. My guess is the reason Blackmon got pulled over had nothing to do with pot and everything to do with loud music, big rims, you know, things that white cops look for.

What do black cops look for ?

He was driving with a lit blunt. He knows that is illegal, don't make excuses for him.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

There is no reason for pot to be illegal in the NFL. It doesn't enhance on field performance and is an excellent stress/pain reliever with few if any side effects. Now, combine it with alcohol and it's a different story. Yet, we'll allow our players to get hooked on oxycodone et al. Lovely.

C'mon people, it's not 1956 anymore.

Every professional football player understands and acknowledges that the use of marijuana is prohibited by the NFL, and what the consequences are if they are caught using it. Those are the rules, like it or not, until they change. Whether or not it should be prohibited is a separate argument and irrelevant to this debate. Blackmon understood full well that his livelihood could be in jeopardy if he smoked marijuana. He chose to do so anyway. He deserves what he gets.

Sober, distracted drivers with smartphones are far more numerous, thus much worse. Throw in other factors like pot, prescriptions, alcohol etc... I'd much rather have a stoned WR driving behind me than a 17 yr old college freshman, that's for sure.

You are right, people do all kinds of stupid things while driving. So what? It doesn't make smoking mariuana or being stoned while driving any less stupid.

What do black cops look for ?

He was driving with a lit blunt. He knows that is illegal, don't make excuses for him.

Confederate flags and Jack Daniels odor.

Yeah, I probably shouldn't have gone there, but let's not pretend it doesn't exist. I just didn't hear a lot of sarcasm in your post, resulting in my sharp reply. He needs to learn to get away with it like the millions of other citizens.

According to Colorado law...drivers are assumed to be impaired if their blood test shows a level of THC—the active ingredient in marijuana—of 5 or more nanograms per milliliter...so under 5 nanogram/mL that's when.

This is the problem with trying to enforce it. They throw out an arbitrary number that's effectively meaningless. A guy that hasn't smoked in 6 months may be floating through the clouds at that number while a daily smoker would be minimally impaired.

As a 25+ year habitual marijuana smoker, with a damn good job and a lot to lose if I ever got busted, I will say that it is pretty damn difficult to quit if it is readily available. I am 6 months clean now, only because all of my connections slowly became more and more scarce over the last five years, until the point I was dealing with strangers.

I cannot say how many times that i decided to give it up over the years, only to run out and pick up a bag the next day. I dont know how many times i tried to convince myself that i would save it for the weekend, or special occasions, or whatever, only to blaze through it morning, noon and night till it was all gone. I would characterize myself as addicted for a long time. Not chemically dependent, but certainly emotionally dependent.

The stuff is a hell of a lot more powerful nowadays than it used to be too, and I do believe it can, and does affect ones ability to safely negotiate a car.

...just a little personal insight into the addictive/not addictive debate. Not all addictions are the same.

Having said all that...

LEGALIZE IT!

Edited by THE KIKO MONSTER

As a 25+ year habitual marijuana smoker, with a damn good job and a lot to lose if I ever got busted, I will say that it is pretty damn difficult to quit if it is readily available. I am 6 months clean now, only because all of my connections slowly became more and more scarce over the last five years, until the point I was dealing with strangers.

I cannot say how many times that i decided to give it up over the years, only to run out and pick up a bag the next day. I dont know how many times i tried to convince myself that i would save it for the weekend, or special occasions, or whatever, only to blaze through it morning, noon and night till it was all gone. I would characterize myself as addicted for a long time. Not chemically dependent, but certainly emotionally dependent.

The stuff is a hell of a lot more powerful nowadays than it used to be too, and I do believe it can, and does affect ones ability to safely negotiate a car.

...just a little personal insight into the addictive/not addictive debate. Not all addictions are the same.

Having said all that...

LEGALIZE IT!

So you never smoked jamaican gold ? Hawaiin , Panama Red . No it wasn't just a song by the New Riders of the Purple Sage either .

Thai stick ? Mexico actually had some regoinal killer bud back early mid seventies before the Made In USA began its reign.

But on the other hand. I have said before on previous threads over my time here at TBD.

I spent many years more recently as a contracted worker . Who was in the field doing service and interfacing with customers . I got tested before every contract and thats a lot. And i did this for years and years . I did not find it overly challenging to put Job =income > over any relaxation technique i might have previously attempted to perfect .

I still have no problem with drug testing in the workplace. and that includes the NFL

Now the Gentleman Jack is another story

So you never smoked jamaican gold ? Hawaiin , Panama Red . No it wasn't just a song by the New Riders of the Purple Sage either .

Thai stick ? Mexico actually had some regoinal killer bud back early mid seventies before the Made In USA began its reign.

But on the other hand. I have said before on previous threads over my time here at TBD.

I spent many years more recently as a contracted worker . Who was in the field doing service and interfacing with customers . I got tested before every contract and thats a lot. And i did this for years and years . I did not find it overly challenging to put Job =income > over any relaxation technique i might have previously attempted to perfect .

I still have no problem with drug testing in the workplace. and that includes the NFL

Now the Gentleman Jack is another story

Nope. Never got any of that. It was pretty much 20 years of Mexican dirt and okie ditch weed, straight to medical grade from cali, with the occasional kind here and there. Nothing like today's stuff. Another reason for quitting...$50 an ounce to $100 a quarter.

If I was making the jack Mr. Blackmon was making, at his age, I'd probably be dead.

Edited by THE KIKO MONSTER

Marijuana use involved in more fatal accidents in Colorado

AURORA, Colo. (May 15, 2014) – The proportion of marijuana-positive drivers involved in fatal motor vehicle crashes in Colorado has increased dramatically since the commercialization of medical marijuana in the middle of 2009, according to a study by University of Colorado School of Medicine researchers. http://www.eurekaler...d-mui051514.php Here's another one http://seattle.cbslo...a-have-tripled/

This makes alot of sense. Just because they have weed in their system when they do the autopsy of someone injured fatally in a car crash, means the weed caused it??

Nope. Never got any of that. It was pretty much 20 years of Mexican dirt, straight to medical grade from cali, with the occasional kind here and there. Nothing like today's stuff. Another reason for quitting...$50 an ounce to $100 a quarter.

If I was making the jack Mr. Blackmon was making, at his age, I'd probably be dead.

Recently started growing my own. Alot of people say its too risky but personally I find the risk to be less than going to buy it every few days or weeks. I live in a state where it is still illegal. In other states people get weed perscribed to them for the condition that i have. I am a 100% disabled veterean with ptsd and tramutic brain injuries. Weed not only helps me sleep, eat and help keeps my anxiety down. But it also helps me with my patience when dealing with my 2 kids. best part about growing it yourself is that you can order your own seeds and you know exactly what your getting and where its coming from. For example it hasnt been smuggled across the border in someones gas tank.

Nope. Never got any of that. It was pretty much 20 years of Mexican dirt and oke ditch weed, straight to medical grade from cali, with the occasional kind here and there. Nothing like today's stuff. Another reason for quitting...$50 an ounce to $100 a quarter.

Pot wont kill a man ! Just make him lazee all day .

Probably a good medicine if you got demons poking at you , but as with anything there is s downside .

And if you are goal oriented and trying to win at what you are doing it's not going to help you.

I suppose everything has a place for some folks and i am pretty tolerant still.

Blackmon doesn't care about his career . Its not news. let him go do his thing.

But f sakes dont be paying to do just that

Edited by 3rdand12

Pot wont kill a man ! Just make him lazee all day .

Probably a good medicine if you got demons poking at you , but as with anything there is s downside .

And if you are goal oriented and trying to win at what you are doing it's not going to help you.

I suppose everything has a place for some folks and i am pretty tolerant still.

Blackmon doesn't care about his career . Its not news. let him go do his thing.

But f sakes dont be paying to do just that

Oh, I totally agree. It won't kill you, but the other cap I did will. It never made me lazy either (well almost never lol) I'm a go getter. It helped me focus and I've had a nice career in a very high - quality - expectation industry. Classified and all. Like I said, i think it should be legal. But there is some degree of addiction. That was my point.

Oh, I totally agree. It won't kill you, but the other cap I did will. It never made me lazy either (well almost never lol) I'm a go getter. It helped me focus and I've had a nice career in a very high - quality - expectation industry. Classified and all. Like I said, i think it should be legal. But there is some degree of addiction. That was my point.

Some folks have more internal fortitude than others is mine : )