Ray Rice suspended two games? (Update: now cut/suspended)

The kicker is I won't mind seeing Goodell go. It's just a shame that it will likely be for doing his job.

It's not a shame at all. He set up a bull **** disciplinary system where he was the sole source of everything - judge, jury, executioner, appellate - which allowed him to make completely arbitrary and often contradictory decisions on policy. And now his capricious, half-assed excuse for a disciplinary process is leaving him hanging.

I am puzzled why seeing the tape of him hitting her makes it worse than seeing her prone on the floor.

PR. Only reason.

The league doesn't care about domestic violence. They care about how they're viewed.

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, because I'm the one seeking to impose my morality on others. :rolleyes:

That's not projection you goof

To impose something on another is not projection. Projection is putting your qualities on to another

Edit: how in the world did he know you didn't know what that term meant? Strange

Edited by Crayola64

It's not a shame at all. He set up a bull **** disciplinary system where he was the sole source of everything - judge, jury, executioner, appellate - which allowed him to make completely arbitrary and often contradictory decisions on policy. And now his capricious, half-assed excuse for a disciplinary process is leaving him hanging.

I agree with that. I actually said pretty much the same thing earlier. I just meant that he's likely to get fired in this immediate incident for protecting the league's interest. Completely agree about his idiotic penalty system putting him in this situation.

That's not projection you goof

To impose something on another is not projection. Projection is putting your qualities on to another

Edit: how in the world did he know you didn't know what that term meant? Strange

Is it possible for you to be any dumber?

I can't wait for the next thing to get outraged about!! I just bought a new pitchfork and a refurbished torch. I'm thinking around next Monday, once everyone feels self righteous enough and did nothing to actually change anything, it'll be time to get really upset about something else. Can't wait!!!

I can't wait for the next thing to get outraged about!! I just bought a new pitchfork and a refurbished torch. I'm thinking around next Monday, once everyone feels self righteous enough and did nothing to actually change anything, it'll be time to get really upset about something else. Can't wait!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice

I agree with that. I actually said pretty much the same thing earlier. I just meant that he's likely to get fired in this immediate incident for protecting the league's interest. Completely agree about his idiotic penalty system putting him in this situation.

Is it possible for you to be any dumber?

Character matters--isn't that what Goodell means when he says things like "protect the shield"? Or is that only for the rubes, and doesn't apply to His Highness and his billionaire backers when they get caught doing something scummy, like lying about an investigation, or intentionally hiding their heads in the sand? He did one or the other here, and both are bad. He needs to go....