Ron Jaworski

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its beyond my comprehension why jaws still has a career. I've seen that guy on ESPN for what seems like 25 years now. He has never brought ANYTHING special to the network. I can understand personalities like Stephen A Smith or or the other clown on first take, because they at least are polarizing figures, jaws brings nothing to the table and yet they'll have him out there till he's 80. He has no talent whatsoever. Mind boggling!

I'll take Jaws any day over Stephen A Smith or Skip Bayless (assuming this is the other "clown" you are referring to).

He turns into a fan boy, no doubt, but he's still as good as anyone breaking down tape from actual game footage.

Classic case of letting an analyst have too much air time and watching him turn into a on-air columnist/talking-head.

I'll take Jaws any day over Stephen A Smith or Skip Bayless (assuming this is the other "clown" you are referring to).

He turns into a fan boy, no doubt, but he's still as good as anyone breaking down tape from actual game footage.

Classic case of letting an analyst have too much air time and watching him turn into a on-air columnist/talking-head.

This. My thoughts exactly. I have never once thought of taking a baseball bat to Jaws. Skip and Stephen A bring that out of me within seconds of seeing them. Arrogant morons.

What exactly did JAWS say?

And was quoted on the John Murphy show liking "Richard Woods". Didn't know such a man was on the roster

He called our QB "EJ McDaniel" on ESPN this afternoon

That Jan Ban Bovi is the greatest living American and that he will keep the team in Buffalo

Why does anyone still listen to this idiot.

I'm sure Roger Goodell told JBJ in their little tryst that if he wants any shot at getting the Bills, he would have to come out and promise to keep the team in Buffalo. The problem with that is JBJ won't be a majority owner. He's the front guy for the Toronto Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment/ Rogers group. Makes one wonder if RG actually wants to keep the team in Buffalo. In any case, there is no way in hell that group keeps the Bills in Bufalo long term.

This. My thoughts exactly. I have never once thought of taking a baseball bat to Jaws. Skip and Stephen A bring that out of me within seconds of seeing them. Arrogant morons.

My point exactly, those two 'turn the dial' so to speak. Jaws elicits no reaction, and never has. He's just there. For the record, nearly all ESPN personalities stink on an epic level. Only a couple of sports center anchors (SVP), and a few analysts are worth a watch. Other than that, the sports themselves even get me to that channel.

What exactly did JAWS say?

he has been over-the-top supportive of JBJ as potential bills owner to the point of sounding obnoxious and insincere. Here is the audio if him on the John Murphy Show tonight. It wax hour 2, not sure exactly what time but was between 8:15 and 8:45.

@JohnMurphyShow: Complete audio: The John Murphy Show July 21 http://t.co/tXNjLgkC09

That Jan Ban Bovi is the greatest living American and that he will keep the team in Buffalo

What he said was that people assume too much about JBJ and that he doesn't believe he'll move the team.

Hmmmm, different words and yet they both say the same thing. Thanks guys.

Hmmmm, different words and yet they both say the same thing. Thanks guys.

My wife heard Jaws speak at a trade show and someone asked him afterward his thoughts re: the sale and he said that he'd support JBJ there as well. They're buddies, they owned the Philadelphia Soul together and have had several other joint ventures. Let's put it this way. I don't mind JBJ per se. I mind Tanenbaum so if you move the figurehead to a different ship I could, in theory, support that.

Agree the Polish Rifle deserves Lock Jaws and John Murphy is such a tool. Let's kiss Ron's rear because he has a HS stadium named in his dubious honor. Who the hell cares. He was way overrated as an NFL QB, give me Don Majkowski the "Magic Man' anyday, and as inept as a QB he is even more overrated an an "analyst". He is more well suiteed for being the maitre d at the Polish Villa II. As for Murphy is certainly no Van Miller and for that matter no Rick Azar, no Ed Kilgore, no Stan Barron, no Chris Brown (well maybe yes he is) an anonying mouthpiece for the Bills' brass.

Edited by patfitz

Let's kiss Ron's rear because he has a HS stadium named in his dubious honor.

They took Jaworski's name off the stadium years ago, since he has basically given zero back to the community and behaves like a schmuck in general. Maybe they should do a "30 for 30" episode about it.

Jaws should simply STFU. He is a mouthpiece for JBJ and no one should believe him. All bidders must publicly commit to keeping the Bills in Buffalo. Everyone knows that the JBJ group is not committed here long term. A new stadium lease will never be signed with this group. We will be strung along for years as they try to negotiate this. And then boom off the team goes as soon as it's public.

This is a wolf in sheep clothing. Jaws sold his soul, get him off the air and send his polish rifle back to Philly.

What the !@#$ are you talking about?