Get Ready for the "Legion of Boom" Rule in 2014

Mike Pereira @MikePereira · Jul 18

Interesting day at NFL officiating clinic. Biggest point of emphasis for 2014..Illegal contact and defensive holding. More offense!

Mike Pereira @MikePereira · Jul 18

Last time the NFL had this as a major emphasis was 2004 and the number of illegal contact fouls went from 79 to 191.

"In 2013, the Seahawks brazenly committed illegal contact and holding, knowing that, if illegal contact happens on every play, the officials won’t throw a flag on every play. In an intriguing segment that aired on NBCSN’s NFL Turning Point, Seattle cornerback Richard Sherman was displaying to a teammate on the practice field techniques for concealing illegal contact."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/21/get-ready-for-the-legion-of-boom-rule/

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love for them to throw a flag on Richard Sherman every play and run his butt out of the league. Richard Sherman is the best corner in the game, just ask Richard Sherman

It's just another skill to be able to bend the rules as far as possible without drawing the flag.

Interesting how Seattle sounds as if they strategically desensitize the officiating.

Then again there are razor thin margins between all these teams before they step on the field so you gotta try...

I would love for them to throw a flag on Richard Sherman every play and run his butt out of the league. Richard Sherman is the best corner in the game, just ask Richard Sherman

i wouldnt go that far, but i did wonder aloud at the time of his huge pay day if the league may soon hurt his style of play making him less valuable. itll be interesting to see if he can (in the watered down words of richard sherman) adapt.

Namdi assumeispelleditwrongumwaa was hurt by the league when WR's were allowed to be more aggressive and get away with more. And that ruined him

Sherman is next. He will be hurt by this.

The truth is holding happens every play in more then just the backfield. An offensive lineman who can't hide his holding call doesn't belong in the league.