Get Ready for the "Legion of Boom" Rule in 2014

Again, the Seahawks were the most penalized team in the NFL last year. It wasn't even close.

They averaged 9.5 penalties for 88.4 yards last year. They had 30 more penalties than the next closest team (The Broncos).

Brings back the old adage, "if you ain't cheating, you ain't tryin"

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't really a new rule at all. Just telling the refs to throw more flags. I don't see it going to far into the season. Especially since they are also going to call mnore offensive PI. It will make them look silly stopping games for a ton of ticky tack fouls and they will abandon it well before mid-season.

The only reason this is being publicly mentioned is because Sherman basically mocked the league when he admitted Seattle's ingenious "plan" on D.
Edited by Mr. WEO

I'm hoping Gilmore continues to improve and won't have to hold as much to keep from being beaten.

We could put a club on BOTH hands and he'll never grab a thing! In all seriousness, I'm hoping he's healthy enough and savvy enough to have a huge break out year. He shouldn't have been on the field last year with that handicap, but what were the other options? That was ugly for a while.

Could help a physical guy like Sammy though.

He shouldn't have been on the field last year with that handicap

Pretty much cost us the Bungles game with them running those WR screens at him. Pretty ingenious plan by those sneaky Bungles I do have to admit though. He was pretty useless with that cast on. Not Pettine's brightest hour.

Pretty much cost us the Bungles game with them running those WR screens at him. Pretty ingenious plan by those sneaky Bungles I do have to admit though. He was pretty useless with that cast on. Not Pettine's brightest hour.

Agreed. You'd think they'd have taken him out the first eight times CIN ran that play to great success.

i wouldnt go that far, but i did wonder aloud at the time of his huge pay day if the league may soon hurt his style of play making him less valuable. itll be interesting to see if he can (in the watered down words of richard sherman) adapt.

I can't wait for the day Crabtree burns him for 175 yds and 3 td's. That will be must see TV.