Training Camp 2014...Tweets from all sources, Week 1

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet 3m

#Bills GM Doug Whaley: “Our philosophy was, let’s surround EJ (Manuel) with a lot of talent so he doesn’t think he has to win by himself.”

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet 5m

Paul Hackett, former @NFL OC, is in Rochester for a few days checking things out. His son Nathaniel is the #Bills OC, lots of ties to staff

Chris Trapasso@ChrisTrapasso 2m

Last RT is precisely why I think #Bills are incorporating the Russell Wilson 2.0 Model for EJ Manuel. Very similar to Seahakws. More weapons

Mike Rodak@mikerodak 17s

Bills have also activated LB Randell Johnson from the active/PUP list

%Ran DELL

Matthew Fairburn@MatthewFairburn 1m

The #Bills announce that LB Randell Johnson has been added to the active roster. Also signed CB Bobby Felder, released DT Colby Way.

Matthew Fairburn@MatthewFairburn 1m

The #Bills announce that LB Randell Johnson has been added to the active roster. Also signed CB Bobby Felder, released DT Colby Way.

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills wouldn't need to be incorporating the Russell Wilson model if they had actually drafted Russell Wilson. But that's probably none of my business.

The Russell Wilson model is surround your QB with good weapons and a good Defense.

Most young, inexperienced signal callers always try to do to much IMO...

Bills wouldn't need to be incorporating the Russell Wilson model if they had actually drafted Russell Wilson. But that's probably none of my business.

They would have still had to incorporate the Russell Wilson model to have been immediately successful with Russell Wilson at QB, no? Edited by YoloinOhio

The Russell Wilson model is surround your QB with good weapons and a good Defense.

Most young, inexperienced signal callers always try to do to much IMO...

I understand this. Just a mild rant regarding our QB situation over the years. Don't mind me.

They would have still had to incorporate the Russell Wilson model to have been immediately successful with Russell Wilson at QB, no?

Perhaps :flirt:

He is a solid QB, hardly a freak of nature. But appears to be much better than EJ from what we saw last year. I will give EJ this: great or not at least he is competent on the field which is something we havent been able to say since our old pal Drew Bledsoe

Edited by Estelle Getty

He is a solid QB, hardly a freak of nature. But appears to be much better than EJ from what we saw last year. I will give EJ this: great or not at least he is competent on the field which is something we havent been able to say since our old pal Drew Bledsoe

No, he's a freak of nature. He has a cannon for an arm, he has great touch on his passes, he's incredibly smart, he makes great decisions, he can run and he can scramble and he can avoid the rush, he's pretty fast, he's very well built and very strong, he picks up offenses incredibly quick, he had outrageous performance and stats in two separate conferences, he played major league baseball farm system, he comes from a football family, he's a tremendous leader and universally beloved by his teammates.

He's a total freak of nature. The only reason he wasn't a top draft choice was his height. He excels at everything you want in an NFL QB, more than any other player in the league. (There are better QBs like Brady and Manning because they have done it, but as far as doing every single thing good that a player is asked to do, he does them ALL very good. Brady and Manning cannot scramble, for instance.)

For as much criticism that Fitz took, EJ still has quite a bit of work to even get to his level of production. For all the talent and potential that EJ has I don't think that's asking for a lot.

Damn. Yolo and 26 deserve a ton of credit for the amount of info/updates they bring here. Without either of them, things have been pretty quiet tonight.

Thanks to both of you.

Kemp2Warlick is posting a bunch of tweets in the shoutbox which has been nice, but yes I do also appreciate Yolo and 26 for their efforts!

I'm back! I'll start from the beginning.

@ChrisTrapasso: Before 1st DL drill, I noticed Marcell Dareus giving a "pump up speech." Seemed excited to be back. Exchanged loud high five w/ Jim Schwartz

@salmaiorana: #Bills in full pads for the third practice in a row. Dareus, Branch are in pads, Randell Johnson is not. All 3 newly activated. #billswatch

@salmaiorana: Another press conference with Doug Marrone just now before #Bills practice where he said absolutely nothing. He has a strange vibe right now

Edited by YoloinOhio