Here's how we save the Bills if they're sold to JBJ

Oh yea, that will scare the NFL, make them think twice for sure, after all, wearing other teams you would support if the Bills left is just screaming to them they would lose money :wallbash:

It's all about the money at the end of the day. Any bad PR that has a real impact, putting the NFL in a negative view is the way to go. Hit them where it hurts, their bottom line. Supporting other teams, does nothing but further encourage the NFL to support a move.

It would make the owner less likely to move the team knowing there is no organic support for a team in Toronto. Thats the angle I am going for there. I also left open the possibility of wearing a black jersey to show your lack of support for the NFL if the team leaves buffalo.

Bottom line is that if you do not support the team in Buffalo, it will not stay in Buffalo. You cant "hit them in the wallet" without also directly impacting the viability for the team to remain here.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picture: with 5 minutes and 30 seconds left in the fourth, 20,000 fans storm the field.

Every week.

For 7 years.

They ban people from stadiums. Law enforcement keeps records of crimes. You would run out of willing participants in less than a year, guaranteed.

Your plan sucks... face it. The ONLY way this JBJ crap can be averted is through pressure on the NFL and other interested parties stepping up to beat JBJ to the winning bid BEFORE the sale. Once the team is sold, the writing is on the wall, good or bad.

It would make the owner less likely to move the team knowing there is no organic support for a team in Toronto. Thats the angle I am going for there. I also left open the possibility of wearing a black jersey to show your lack of support for the NFL if the team leaves buffalo.

Bottom line is that if you do not support the team in Buffalo, it will not stay in Buffalo. You cant "hit them in the wallet" without also directly impacting the viability for the team to remain here.

Ah, but that is where you are incorrect. There are ways to hit the NFL PR wise without hitting the stadium being filled.

Shut down the bridges as I stated before, while carrying anti NFL slogan signs. Shutting down trade in the largest trade corridor with Canada 6 days a week. Leave the day a game is played here in Buffalo open for the Canadian fans to come across and enjoy the game.

I assure you the NFL would not want anything to do with that type of publicity and it doesn't directly affect the teams ability to host games at the Ralph.

Hit the NFL, not the team itself.

Ah, but that is where you are incorrect. There are ways to hit the NFL PR wise without hitting the stadium being filled.

Shut down the bridges as I stated before, while carrying anti NFL slogan signs. Shutting down trade in the largest trade corridor with Canada 6 days a week. Leave the day a game is played here in Buffalo open for the Canadian fans to come across and enjoy the game.

I assure you the NFL would not want anything to do with that type of publicity and it doesn't directly affect the teams ability to host games at the Ralph.

Hit the NFL, not the team itself.

That is a federal offense sir . at least the stadium protest is only a ban from the stadium and a ticket .

Phew that's a relief. It's not like he'd say that just to help buy the team and then conveniently "change his mind" when the time presents itself.

Thank goodness there is still a penetrating media presence out there getting to the bottom of things.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Never trust a man with tight leather pants and a mullet.

It even says right there in the article that they have to say they will stay in Buffalo as terms of the lease. Lol they must think we are dumber than we look

My sense is that the one thing which is usually true about the NFL is that the owners will do the thing which makes them the most money.

In that light the answer to the question of whether the NFL wants either the potential of huge $ with a Toronto franchise or still big but smaller market of a Buffalo franchise, the clear NFL answer will be: why choose, we want both!

The question really is whether the NFL could have working and profitinhg franchises in both places before they would have to pick and choose between the two.

My sense is:

1 Toronto is a huge metropolitan area In 2010 its population was a shade over 6 million and it has only grown. The actual real question is whether Toronto is really more like NYC and theoretically could support two franchises. Given the precense of corporate HQs I think it might flat out and that actually an approach which took advantage of the existing ties the Bills have would make a standard Toronto franchise and the Bills still exploiting a southern ON market would make this the approach to take.

2. It is my sense that the NFL is all about exploiting the marketplace and the market is defined by where the money comes from. The actual NFL market is simply not a combination of the individual franchises. Actually 2/3 of the NFL gross receipts come from the TV networks not from individual franchise ticket sales or marketing.

The real future money for the individual current teams is not that team's 1/32nd of the new Toronto franchises but instead their portion of the of the tv money adding several franchises an expanded league with teams in Toronto, Mexico City, Stuttgart and even Tokyo and Bejing would bring. The NFL will lean toward being able to sell joining a partnership with an original AFL city like Buffalo.

3. The current Bill take is smaller in Buffalo than the potential of Toronto, but my sense is that the default would be not to throw away 45,000 existing ticket base. The NFL would want to both. The Leafs/Bills existence both.

4. The NFL is really just an entertainment story. It would be such a sad story of Buffalo losing the Bills that it seems doubtful the NFL would subject themselves to the sad deathwatch of several years while the Bills leave. This will not be good commercials for getting new municipalities to embrace new teams.

5. My sense is that what JBJ really wants is to own a team, he does not need that team to be in Toronto. It would not surprise me if he is taking a run at the Bills because even if the bid fails it is good for him to take a run at assembling the bid.

The Bills record in the Toronto series has been 1 win and 5 losses.

IMO the Toronto football fans have not truly supported the Bills for the past 6 years up there

I can't recall 1 of those games where the HOME crowd was fully behind the Bills. It was a neutral field and often they cheered louder for the opponents!!

that being said ..... It just wont work out in the long run.

The Bills record in the Toronto series has been 1 win and 5 losses.

IMO the Toronto football fans have not truly supported the Bills for the past 6 years up there

I can't recall 1 of those games where the HOME crowd was fully behind the Bills. It was a neutral field and often they cheered louder for the opponents!!

that being said ..... It just wont work out in the long run.

You are comparing apples to oranges. One game played by the Buffalo Bills, not the Toronto Leafs or whatever, a season. Plus the team has sucked every year of the "experiment".

I do not know if a team there would be viable or not. But I strongly suspect that the people backing JBJ know a lot more about the market there than anyone here does.

So, your plan is to have everyone act like a bunch of uneducated imbeciles, who have no class? Lol, good luck with that.

You might as well just go to NYC and burn down the league offices...and the Ralph, and Goodell's home, and Bon Jovi's home...hell, even the Rogers Centre!

If Bon Jovi's bid wins, you know what would hurt him the most? 7 years of a completely empty stadium. Even the players would hate him. That's your ticket, bend him over!

Plus, I highly doubt he has "well north of $300 million in cash," as his reported net-worth is $290 million...not close enough to own an NFL team as the majority-owner.

If Terry Pegula does not win the bid to own the team, something is wrong...he is by far the most wealthy of the known candidates...he does have $300 million+ in cash, easily.

No no, a pledge to not support the team if and when they move states a consequence. It doesn't do anything to accelerate anything.

If a large mass of nfl fans gain publicity by pledging to discontinue support of the nfl contingent upon the relocation of the bills, now the nfl has a very difficult political decision to make in the face of public outcry. There is the threat of an impact to post move revenue meaning the relocated franchise will not have the benefit of the current market plus TO now its a one of the other choice.

I can't believe any of the Toronto relocationists believe they can succeed without keeping the majority of the current WNY following intact.

If you think critically the only leverage we fans have is our contribution to future revenues. That's it.

I think more than just Bills fans would support a boycott of the NFL in such a situation. "Real" NFL fans would be disgusted to see a team that has actual fans (as opposed to Jax) moved to a big Canadian city.

I think more than just Bills fans would support a boycott of the NFL in such a situation. "Real" NFL fans would be disgusted to see a team that has actual fans (as opposed to Jax) moved to a big Canadian city.

I do not believe that for a second. Would you stop going to and watching NFL games completely if the Seahawks moved to Vancouver? ... Exactly.

I do not believe that for a second. Would you stop going to and watching NFL games completely if the Seahawks moved to Vancouver? ... Exactly.

They're not "Real fans." They've had a loyal fanbase for what, two years? A historical franchise like Green Bay, Detroit, or Pittsburgh moving North, all have had historically large fanbases. Yeah, Cleveland moved, but they gave a team back to a city that had a historic team. Not that it makes it right. But to take a historic team, with a large fanbase, and move them to an expansion market, in a forign nation no less, wouldn't sit well.

They're not "Real fans." They've had a loyal fanbase for what, two years? A historical franchise like Green Bay, Detroit, or Pittsburgh moving North, all have had historically large fanbases. Yeah, Cleveland moved, but they gave a team back to a city that had a historic team. Not that it makes it right. But to take a historic team, with a large fanbase, and move them to an expansion market, in a forign nation no less, wouldn't sit well.

You think NFL fans across the nation will stand behind Bills fans to the point of a boycott of their own teams? Agree to disagree here :)

Would they make some noise about being displeased, I wouldn't be surprised if a fair amount did. But not support or watch their favorite teams, uhhhhh no ;)

Edited by CodeMonkey