Know anyone with a disease? Read this

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

Too bad our new president still thinks it should be illegal

Haven’t you heard that Joe is just a weak old shell of a man, sort like Theoden in LOR before Gandolf saved him?  It all depends on what wormtongues AOC, Soros, and Kamala want!  Sheesh, you need to pay better attention to Hannity and Laura       Lol

Edited by Bob in Mich

41 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Haven’t you heard that Joe is just a weak old shell of a man, sort like Theoden in LOR before Gandolf saved him?  It all depends on what wormtongues AOC, Soros, and Kamala want!  Sheesh, you need to pay better attention to Hannity and Laura       Lol

OK Bob. I'm just going by what I heard Joe say. Wants to decriminalize it while it can be studied first.

sounds like a great plan. People can possess it and only risk a fine but illegal to buy.  it keeps the black market in business and the government gets ZERO tax dollars.

all this while 68% of Americans want it legal. 

I don't watch Hannity or Laura.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 7/18/2014 at 3:00 PM, Bob in Mich said:

(Apologies to those that saw these links in the recent marijuana thread as some on the first page of this thread are just repeats.)

I know NY recently approved medical cannabis and I thought I would post some helpful information as in Michigan we have covered much of the same ground in the last few years.

It is apparent that many posting here don't believe that cannabis can be real medicine. That is understandable given that was what most all of us were taught all of our lives. Please try to have an open mind. I promise you that you will learn a great deal.

Please check out the recent thread here on marijuana related problems increasing. http://forums.twobil...the-rise-in-us/ Look for my super intelligent comments starting on page 6 of that thread :)

Seriously though, this is important. I am selling nothing but I feel like I should try to spread this knowledge. No joke.

Please, if you know anyone with a chronic illness, check out this video. It will be worth it. The first couple of minutes are not representative of the rest of the documentary. You needn't watch the whole hour in one sitting. It is simply amazing

https://www.youtube....h?v=XfO_MpDm5kc

Edit: Seems that video link is no longer working. These documentaries are pretty good. Try them instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYA9EpVB2qo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aTbnO9I-TU

Here is one of the postings from the recent marijuana thread here. I hope the links work.

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:49 AM
Medical Cannabis has been legal in Michigan for several years. It can be a very effective medicine which has few side effects when compared to many prescription medicines. Anyone taking medication long term knows that you have to be able to tolerate the side effects of the medication in order for it to help. If you think that there are no medical benefits to cannabis beyond preventing nausea, you really need to read some more recent research because you truly could not be more mistaken.

Cannabinoids are molecules found in cannabis. There are about 85 discovered so far, only 1 of which is the much feared THC. Cannabis is effective in treating so many medical ailments because the cannabinoid molecules from the plant are nearly identical to molecules created within our own bodies called endo-cannabinoids. Through recent research we have learned that the body creates an entire network of endo-cannabinoid molecules and cannabinoid receptors in order to transfer messages between cells. The similarity of plant and animal molecules is merely a coincidence of nature but one that allows the plant to stand in and to supply the missing messenger molecules if needed.

When there is a disruption in the body's ability to create endocannabinoids, important signals don't get through and a whole host of health problems can develop. The missed message may be to stop feeding a cell that is scheduled to die. If the cannabinoid molecule is not present to pass that signal along, cells may not die when they are designed to and they can divide and metastasize out of control leading to a cancerous tumor.

The message that is missing may be to slow down the number or rate of signals to a brain or peripheral nerve cell. Perhaps they are overloaded. This is what can happen with epileptic seizures or chronic pain from damaged nerves. Missing messages can affect nearly every organ in the body.

See the website from GW Pharmaceuticals http://www.gwpharm.com and go the 'R&D' tab at the top. See the 'Product Pipeline' and the 'Therapeutic Areas' sections on the left. You very well may be amazed at the medical possibilities. By the way, this company's stock, GWPH on the Nasdaq, is up about 10 fold in the past year or so. Those are real dollars betting on the potential medicines to be extracted from the cannabis plant.

If nothing else, please take the time to scan just the table of contents from this 2006 research report on the therapeutic possibilities of cannabinoids. It may be information that would allow you to help a sick friend or relative, or possibly even yourself.

http://pharmrev.aspe...9.full.pdf html

A Glossary to Help in Deciphering the Research Studies

Thanks to poster 'in vivo' at the Michigan Medical Marijuana Association board, here is a glossary of terms with wiki links. The research reports that I link to (below) use a lot of unfamiliar terms, at least to most of us. You might find this helpful.

http://michiganmedic...44364-glossary/

Mentioned among many other maladies are diabetes, Parkinsons, arthritis, cancer, Alzheimers, asthma, IBS, hypertension, and psychiatric illness. This report is from 2006 and we have learned a lot since then. More research is desperately needed but it appears very promising that cannabis may be able to treat many illnesses.

It makes some sense that many diseases that have confounded researchers over the past 75 years are linked to cannabinoids. Due to governments' prohibition of cannabis, research on the plant and cannabinoids have basically been forbidden for those same 75 years.

I believe that there are complex organic bio molecular compounds that could be better explored. I don't think it takes synthesizing alternative compounds from Pharmacies to ensure efficacy or safety, but I think naturally-sourced active compounds need better safety oversight. I would still posit that there has been a lot of abuse and unhealthy sale and use of "approved" pharma medicines that have sketchy efficacy in regards to their intended use.

More study is needed, but CBD seems to have more positive clinical results with less draw-backs than THC and more research into the CBD-based treatments should be encouraged. Of course pharmas take what works in nature and work to synthesize the same thing in labs often missing some of the complex interactions that natural compounds possess. I am not anti-pharma, but make no mistake, they are not benevolent institutions. They are for-profit institutions with the intent to profitably manage pain and disease, NOT to cure it. Long-term curative solutions I do believe would be shelved or simply the funding for promising research pulled if it competed with a management drug in their portfolio.

I worked for a big pharma and that shaped my opinions.

The same thing with "magic mushrooms" or more specifically psilocybin regarding efficacy treating depression. Having known families that lost loved ones to chronic depression, their desperate use of one pharma anti-depressant after the next, I think there needs to be a push to give this a more serious look. The clinical data and how long the positive effects remain are hard to ignore.

Edited by WideNine

2 hours ago, Bob in Mich said:

Can you try to be less of an incorrect dick ? 

17D7D984-62C6-4CD9-9A89-FA451EC99101.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

The entire Cannabis argument has been based on misinformation since the beginning ! Some paranoid politician "Lobbiest" directly connected to a political group started passing BS (scare tactic) about cannabis to make people think it was a bad thing when in reality there has been 100 times, hell a million times more death and disease directly  attributed to alcohol then there ever has been with pot !

But those that had tried it know better hell i'm still waiting for the flash backs they promised me when i was in high school (Can you say BS ?) 

Any way the now "cannabis experiment" that the feds have allowed to be performed in the US is proving that those in the Gov't and some medical professionals have more BS than carters got pills ! (how long has it been since you heard that one ?)

But the Gov't now is seeing given that they have had a patent on it and have for a long time stand to make Billions on pot medical or other wise and although the states will pass and allow it's use for medicinal/recreational the Feds will keep it schedule 1 just so they ultimately have complete control which is truly all they really want besides the money .

Hell Ex Speaker of the House John Boehner is a huge contributor now to make it legal and i bet making a ton of cash from it ! 

If it comes out of a politicians mouth no matter what side your on it's usually BS you just have to have enough common sense to decipher if it is truth or BS which some have trouble with .

This opened a lot of eyes even Sanjay's eyes to what it could help .Very good documentary and tells how the Gov't has had the patent for years ...

https://wayofleaf.com/blog/the-big-secret-surrounding-patent-no-6630507

• Like (+1) 1

• 4 months later...

Not sure if this should go here but reading about weed reminded me.  Better not work in the Biden Administration if you've smoked weed.  You'll lose your job.  Unless of course you're hired base on your gender and color only.  Then you can admit to smoking weed and keep your job.  Hypocrites.  

On 7/18/2014 at 5:23 PM, K-9 said:

I'm too lazy to research it, but I'd be interested to know if medicinal marijuana use has cut ONE IOTA into big pharma's revenues. God knows the government has been in bed with big pharma for years.

Exactly and you can bet that not only big pharma but Budweiser, Jack Daniels, Segrams, & many others put money behind keeping pot illegal and i just wonder how much money from those "Super Groups" that donate to presidential campaigns comes from some of those i mentioned .

You can find the truth if you follow the money !

• 7 months later...
6 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

CNN’s Sanjay Gupta has another Weed special premiering Sunday, Nov 28th.  Reportedly, this 6th medical cannabis special centers on autism

https://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/2021/11/22/cnn-special-report-weed-6-cannabis-and-autism/amp/

Thanks Bob.  I may take a look at this one, I hope you’re feeling good these days! 

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Governor.  Glad you have found relief from your pain using kratom.  Steady significant pain takes over a person’s mental bandwidth and so can take away from every other facet of a person’s life.  Pain relief is wonderful.  Congrats.

I think your take on cannabis is just that, your experience with whatever cannabis strains you tried for your issues.  Outside of your experiences, cannabis has proven to be quite effective in treating pain and anxiety.  Referring again to a mental bandwidth, cannabis seems to free up bandwidth by sort of allowing the pain to be moved to the back burner.  I, and many, many others, have gotten significant pain relief using cannabis.  

Having said that, pain has many causes and cannabis is better treating some types of pain than others.  In addition, individual responses to cannabis vary widely due at least in part to the state of the individual’s endo-cannabinoid system prior to treatment.  

Preferring one pain medicine over another is based on experience and whatever works for you is great.  I think where your argument against cannabis fails is over generalizing your experiences and assuming since what you tried did not help you, that the medicine can’t help others. It can and does.