I can't wait for the JP excuses to begin!!

kota

JP will be the starting QB someday i realize that. This year, next year, 10 years from now whatever. I just hope he becomes a lights out QB quickly because if he doesn't this board will be filled with "I hate JP" threads with the typical excuses. Basically the same sort of sh-- threads that have occured with DB this past year.

It is just going to be interesting to see. JP hasn't exactly impressed me much this year. His preseason was OK during the games. He got hurt in practice which brings up questions about his durablility. He got thrown into the NE game and it showed he wasn't prepared which probably was a wake up call from MM.

Long story short i just hope he is the Messiah of football because if he isn't then this board is going to be a horrible place to be.

JP will be the starting QB someday i realize that.  This year, next year, 10 years from now whatever.  I just hope he becomes a lights out QB quickly because if he doesn't this board will be filled with "I hate JP" threads with the typical excuses.  Basically the same sort of sh-- threads that have occured with DB this past year. 

It is just going to be interesting to see.  JP hasn't exactly impressed me much this year.  His preseason was OK during the games.  He got hurt in practice which brings up questions about his durablility.  He got thrown into the NE game and it showed he wasn't prepared which probably was a wake up call from MM.

Long story short i just hope he is the Messiah of football because if he isn't then this board is going to be a horrible place to be.

218285[/snapback]

JP can't win. Regardless of how good or how bad he turns out to be, certain people won't be happy on this board. It's a fact.

But hey, it's what makes the board fun :)

JP will be the starting QB someday i realize that.  This year, next year, 10 years from now whatever.  I just hope he becomes a lights out QB quickly because if he doesn't this board will be filled with "I hate JP" threads with the typical excuses.  Basically the same sort of sh-- threads that have occured with DB this past year.

218285[/snapback]

At least we know exactly which posters would be starting them. :blink:

"Revenge of the Apologists" :):):blink:

It is just going to be interesting to see.  JP hasn't exactly impressed me much this year.  His preseason was OK during the games.  He got hurt in practice which brings up questions about his durablility.  He got thrown into the NE game and it showed he wasn't prepared which probably was a wake up call from MM.

218285[/snapback]

To me its only 1 excuse, hes young! :)

Funny, I don't remember any I hate Drew threads. Plenty I hate the thought of Drew as the Bills starting QB threads though. Really, it isn't personal, DB is a very civic minded individual and he is highly respected. He just isn't starting QB material (IMO).

218285[/snapback]

Durability issue because Vincent Landed on his leg? Sorry, but that one doesn't cut it.

J.P. hasn't impressed you much this year? He hardly threw any balls. The only game he played bad in was in NE when we were getting it handed to us.

I would think most people would give him a bye his first season unless he is playing absolutely horrible. However, if he was the starter in pre-season and started all the games for us, I think he would have done just as well as Drew.

We don't need a Messiah with our D and special teams - hell, I'll take a Dilfer. We just need someone that doesn't make stupid mistakes and can create plays when things break down. Not to mention - doesn't choke when it's time to nut up.

I have said this from the get-go..

JP will NOT lead us to the playoffs next year. However, it is more that likely Bledsoe wouldn't either. The thing is, JP needs to start SOMETIME. So, let's let him get in there, get yet another season to say "maybe next year" and then look forward to going deep into the playoffs of the 2006 season.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, beating St. Louis was the worst thing that could have happened this year (in hindsight, of course). If we had continued to lose, you'd think we almost surely would have gone with JP, had him play the last 6 games, and then he'd be ready to win next year.

I say we have to start him next year, AND we have to be ready to live through the growing pains...

JP will NOT lead us to the playoffs next year. However, it is more that likely Bledsoe wouldn't either. The thing is, JP needs to start SOMETIME. So, let's let him get in there, get yet another season to say "maybe next year" and then look forward to going deep into the playoffs of the 2006 season.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, beating St. Louis was the worst thing that could have happened this year (in hindsight, of course). If we had continued to lose, you'd think we almost surely would have gone with JP, had him play the last 6 games, and then he'd be ready to win next year.

I say we have to start him next year, AND we have to be ready to live through the growing pains...

218301[/snapback]

I agree, and since there isnt another option out there via FA that would make sense to sign to win NOW, (AKA, a huge upgrade from Bledsoe), there is nowhere to go but to play the kid and see what happens.

218301[/snapback]

NO, the worst thing was one of our player playing DUMB and hitting our QB!!! There is a reason that they were red in practice!

Do me a favor, Dont come here and claim that ANYTHING is a fact. Would you have claimed Roth wouldnt take the Steelers to the playoffs? We are closer to being the Steelers than the Giants at this point. Great D, good supporting cast, great RB, improving o-line (not as good as Pitt). Its very possible IMO that JP wins maybe 9 games and gets us in as a wildcard. More accurately, the rest of our team give us a chance to win 9 games with a very young QB rather than JP playing like a stud and doing it in his first season starting. To get in, its more about WHO those 9 wins are against than the record if your not winning the division, and I DONT see us winning the division over the Pats.

I dont claim that JP has to do anything more than play as good as Drew did this year (very mediocre). If he does JUST that, he is better. He doesnt have the passers mental block against NE that Drew does, his legs are an upgrade, and his upside may have him playing like a superstar every now and again, maybe even when we need it. All of that is something Drew DIDNT do this year, and we have NO reason to think he does any better next year!

Durability issue because Vincent Landed on his leg?  Sorry, but that one doesn't cut it.

J.P. hasn't impressed you much this year?  He hardly threw any balls.  The only game he played bad in was in NE when we were getting it handed to us.

I would think most people would give him a bye his first season unless he is playing absolutely horrible.  However,  if he was the starter in pre-season and started all the games for us, I think he would have done just as well as Drew.

We don't need a Messiah with our D and special teams - hell, I'll take a Dilfer.  We just need someone that doesn't make stupid mistakes and can create plays when things break down.  Not to mention  - doesn't choke when it's time to nut up.

218299[/snapback]

"We don't need a Messiah"

exactly

218285[/snapback]

JP may very well turn out to be a very good QB but it's gonna take time. Let's hope that our WR's and defense doesn't age so quickly.

He's no Ben and I don't see him doing what that guy did next year. I dunno but 2005 doesn't seem like a playoff year to me.

Durability issue because Vincent Landed on his leg?  Sorry, but that one doesn't cut it.

218299[/snapback]

It was my understanding that yes Vincent and him did collide and that his leg went at a weird angle and broke. Did Vincent physically fall on him? Even still his durability is a question in my mind.

Ummm, we already have a "Dilfer" his name is Drew, look how far that took us!

218322[/snapback]

you probably misunderstood me. JP-Era. It's an argument FOR Losman.

what I am saying is that he doesn't need to be the greatest QB, but he must be better than Drew. The fact that he brings another dimension that DB does not (ability to move feet even an inch or 2) forces D's to gameplan a bit differently. And his release is quicker than DB's. With a bit more games and confidence under his belt, that quicker release will help him and make D's honest. They won't be able to just bring everyone at the QB. You can't do that with Drew. He has lost his ability to burn a blitz.

got me?

It was my understanding that yes Vincent and him did collide and that his leg went at a weird angle and broke.  Did Vincent physically fall on him?  Even still his durability is a question in my mind.

218368[/snapback]

Do you have any problem with WM being our starting RB? If you are concerned about JP's durability, you must be a nervous wreck every time WM touches the ball? :P

218285[/snapback]

One freak injury raises questions about his durablilty? :P

How can he impress with little playing/practice time?

He wont determine how we do- the O-line and MaGahee will

It was my understanding that yes Vincent and him did collide and that his leg went at a weird angle and broke.  Did Vincent physically fall on him?  Even still his durability is a question in my mind.

218368[/snapback]

the guy took an awful beating in college with a pop warner O-line. his durability record is better than you think.

dude... you're always going to get the pissers ands moaners. Live with it and ignore it.

JP is going to have a learning curve. The best thing he can do to deflect some of that BS is to take the team on his shoulders...once he does that, the guys around him will defend him, play lights out for him, and tell the press and pissers and moaners to go to hell.

Do you have any problem with WM being our starting RB?  If you are concerned about JP's durability, you must be a nervous wreck every time WM touches the ball? :P

218374[/snapback]

Actually, I was supporting Henry at the time they decided to go to WM mainly because of his knee. After his first full game my fears were put aside. He showed the NFL world that his knee isn't an issue anymore.

I seriously doubt anyone here didn't wonder about his knee each time he went out of the game after getting hurt.

At the end of the season Willis refused to answer questions about his knee. Now he just needs a 2000 yard season.

One freak injury raises questions about his durablilty?  :P

How can he impress with little playing/practice time?

He wont determine how we do- the O-line and MaGahee will

218382[/snapback]

Yes one injury raises questions. There are 2 types of football players that get hurt. There are those who get hurt each year and miss a few games and those who get seriously hurt once and that is it.

Time will tell which one he is.

I totally cannot agree that starting JP Losman means missing the playoffs......

- Are we saying that a rookie QB with a lights out running game, a top 3 defense, a solid special teams and a simplified offense is going to cause us to miss the playoffs.?

No friggen way....starting JP Losman means getting BACK TO the playoffs......how far we go I dont know.....but we WILL MAKE IT

I totally cannot agree that starting JP Losman means missing the playoffs......

- Are we saying that a rookie QB with a lights out running game, a top 3 defense, a solid special teams and a simplified offense is going to cause us to miss the playoffs.?

No friggen way....starting JP Losman means getting BACK TO the playoffs......how far we go I dont know.....but we WILL MAKE IT

218405[/snapback]

Running games generally aren't lights out unless the QB is respected enough to keep the defense honest.

Running games generally aren't lights out unless the QB is respected enough to keep the defense honest.

218410[/snapback]

Alaska....a couple of things

- That is why we need to make a concerted effort to improve this Offensive Line....we need ground maulers that will roadgrate yardage even with extra defenders in the box.

- The added threat of JP Bootlegging out must also be taken into account......

This is not a lights out running game. You must be able to throw the ball consistently down the field in the NFL or defenses will put 8-11 defensers up to stop the run (see Atlanta and their #1 run offense against a stacked Philly defense)

JP can make plays with his legs... but he must be able to resist the temptation to do so many times and get the ball downfield... once he commands the respect from a defense, teams facing the Bills will have to choose their poison... McGahee or Evans...One is a slow death... the other a lot quicker.

Pittsburg is actually a really good example of a Offensive Line that can move the chains and a QB who can scramble out of trouble and throw on the run

218422[/snapback]

The interesting thing about Pittsburgh is that their offense didn't change at all from last season to this one except for two things: They acquired Deuce Staley and they switched to Ben "Frankenstein" Roethlisberger.

In 2003, Steeler fans hated their offensive line. This year, their offensive line is unbelievable.

I don't know. I can't explain it other than that there are never any absolutes in football, and there are no set rules for success.

You can't make that statement.  JP has yet to start a game much less play in rivalry game.

218381[/snapback]

Yes, actually I can. To have a writers block means you are actively trying to write and just cant seem to do it. It is a condition affecting people who have written before.

My analogy states that Drew has a passers mental block and cant beat NE. He does, do we know if JP will have similar troubles? No we dont. But since JP has never started before, and has never started against the Pats, it impossible for him to have a passers block against them. Thats actually the point.

JP doesnt have, well, whatever you want to call it, that prevents Drew from beating the Pats. Will he develop the same thing? who knows. I think the chances are slim.

Then how do you explain Pittsburgh?

218417[/snapback]

Hines Ward, Burress, Randle El

Those 3 guys will keep any team honest even with a Rookie QB.

We have Moulds and Lee Evans who will be a well respected Duo given the right QB.

We don't have a 3rd WR who is respected enough to not warrent a LB covering him.

Hines Ward, Burress, Randle El

Those 3 guys will keep any team honest even with a Rookie QB.

We have Moulds and Lee Evans who will be a well respected Duo given the right QB. 

We don't have a 3rd WR who is respected enough to not warrent a LB covering him.

218431[/snapback]

Exactly right which is why a quality Tight End like Bubba Franks is so critical

This is not a lights out running game.  You must be able to throw the ball consistently down the field in the NFL or defenses will put 8-11 defensers up to stop the run (see Atlanta and their #1 run offense against a stacked Philly defense)

JP can make plays with his legs... but he must be able to resist the temptation to do so many times and get the ball downfield... once he commands the respect from a defense, teams facing the Bills will have to choose their poison... McGahee or Evans...One is a slow death... the other a lot quicker.

218424[/snapback]

- Last year I would say that our running game was very close to "lights out"......we come back this year with a improved Willis Magehee and hopefully some more beef on the offensive line......

In the meantime....we have a top ranked defense to help erase mistakes.....

Yes, actually I can. To have a writers block means you are actively trying to write and just cant seem to do it. It is a condition affecting people who have written before.

My analogy states that Drew has a passers mental block and cant beat NE. He does, do we know if JP will have similar troubles? No we dont. But since JP has never started before, and has never started against the Pats, it impossible for him to have a passers block against them. Thats actually the point.

JP doesnt have, well, whatever you want to call it, that prevents Drew from beating the Pats. Will he develop the same thing? who knows. I think the chances are slim.

218427[/snapback]

I understand what writers block is and what you ment by a passers block. We don't know if JP has your passers block that is the point. It's a 50/50 shot.

Its very possible IMO that JP wins maybe 9 games and gets us in as a wildcard.

So getting 9 wins with JPL is good, but 9 wins with DB and he should be cut? :w00t::P

And I'm pretty sure a lot of defensive contracts will be up after next year... Meaning I'm not sure what our defense will look like in '06.

CW