Can We Finally Admit US Foreign Policy is a Disaster?

To be honest, I just don't see her losing, unless she absolutely implodes are some other candidate really catches fire. I'd say as of right now she stands a good 75% chance of winning....Where did I get that number? Straight out of my ass, but that's what I'd think.

I don't see her losing either when the only thing standing in her way is this. NOTE: you're gonna vurp on this one, but hold out for the chorus if you can.

http://youtu.be/ZqCFxg2ez44

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The chorus was the best part and I speak for everyone when I say: I hate you for that.

+1 :lol:

Just what we need, another Moonie-like candidate crusading for rainbow farting unicorns flying through purple clouds of Lebanese hash, because like, well yeah, the real problems in the world are tough, and like why let adults back into power when its like so much fun, man to like, campaign singing songs and like strumming guitars and stuff man. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

You can add Libya to the mix now and if you want to consider short term successes that look more questionable now add in supporting Afghanistan freedom fighters against the Russians and the operations against Mossadegh in Iran- on the other hand balkanizing nation-states and creating entities hostile to but ultimately ineffective against the US may be the actual goal of our foreign policy, ensuring robust returns for our military-industrial-governmental-financial-complex.

incredible the senseless destruction....

What we're seeing here is simply the ugly transition from Bush's militaristic approach to Obama's kinder gentler approach. It's a little messy but I'm sure the left feels that over time our "nice guy" approach will lead to tranquility.

I think we can all agree that Obama would have more foreign policy successes if only it weren't for that pesky Cheney!!

I think we can all agree that Obama would have more foreign policy successes if only it weren't for that pesky Cheney!!

If there ever was a real life villain that could be lifted straight out of Scooby Doo, it would be Cheney.

Well I guess they can learn............

The U.S. has evacuated its embassy in Tripoli, Libya, because of ongoing violence, U.S. officials tell CNN's Barbara Starr.

Edited by B-Man

Barry Obama's Sally Fields Foreign Policy Plan wins again.

NYT: Taliban Making Military Gains in Afghanistan!

MAHMUD RAQI, Afghanistan — Taliban fighters are scoring early gains in several strategic areas near the capital this summer, inflicting heavy casualties and casting new doubt on the ability of Afghan forces to contain the insurgency as the United States moves to complete its withdrawal of combat troops, according to Afghan officials and local elders.

The Taliban have found success beyond their traditional strongholds in the rural south and are now dominating territory near crucial highways and cities that surround Kabul, the capital, in strategic provinces like Kapisa and Nangarhar.

Well I guess they can learn............

Funny under ghadafi our relations with libya were consistently improving. He gave up his WMD program in 03, the country was taken off the terror sponsor list, sanctions were lifted and we re-opened pur embassy in 06'. Then in 11' some tribal militants start acting up, and he does exactly what we would have in attempting to crush them. But instead we support that supposed alley France in militarily removing ghadafi and handing the country over to the same types of groups we oppose in other parts of the world.

So let's see what message that sends to the rest of the world about dealing with US:

1. If you have nukes, don't give them up (nkorea knows this)

2. Normalized relations with US are transitory

3. In support of western allies, we will side with tribal militants that we are fighting elsewhere

4. We'll waste more taxpayer dollars and put our ambassadors at risk playing the charade we can rebuild the country we just helped destroy and handed over to militants

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Who own the US foreign policy? Who owns this disaster and when do you expect him to change it into a successful one? If you think Obama sucks at foreign policy then what light do you see at the end of the tunnel?

BO's been in office what - five years now. Where's the Nobel Laureate's brilliant statesmanship, his dramatic leadership of the free world, his commanding presence on the world's political stage? What's his vision for the future of the USA, the world, of mankind?

Right. BUSHCHENEYRUMSFELDPALINBIGOILBIGBANKSWALLSTREETBIGINSURANCEBIGCOAL

He's an abject disaster as POTUS. Even you would be a better President Joe. Think about. The man is more hollow than the Howe Caverns.

BO's been in office what - five years now. Where's the Nobel Laureate's brilliant statesmanship, his dramatic leadership of the free world, his commanding presence on the world's political stage? What's his vision for the future of the USA, the world, of mankind?

I think he started out to save the world but then too many began calling him the anti-Christ, so he decided he better stop fixin stuff

:D

Who own the US foreign policy? Who owns this disaster and when do you expect him to change it into a successful one? If you think Obama sucks at foreign policy then what light do you see at the end of the tunnel?

Right. BUSHCHENEYRUMSFELDPALINBIGOILBIGBANKSWALLSTREETBIGINSURANCEBIGCOAL

He's an abject disaster as POTUS. Even you would be a better President Joe. Think about. The man is more hollow than the Howe Caverns.

Well look, setting aside any moral considerations, what the bomb and occupy crowd fail to realize is that we simply couldn't afford it any longer: the country was in middle of financial meltdown, already hugely in debt , and the Iraq misadventure cost over $1 trillion. Obamas problem was thinking he could pursue a "neocon light" strategy: don't lead on libya, but support france and UK. Don't put boots on the ground on Syria, but provide material support to the rebels. Don't put any real pressure on Israel and Palestinians. So Libya, Syria and Israel/palestine are a mess. Iraq I can't fault him because wed done enough and it was time to leave. However let's not forget that it was our role in destabilizing Syria that led to rise of ISIS and subsequent invasion of northern Iraq. And this absolutely assinine pivot to Asia as a consolation prize to hawks for reducing our role in Mideast. So now Ukraine is a mess after we helped ovethrow a democratically elected leader. The only thing I give him credit for is the thawing of relations with Iran, notably an example where he went anti-hawk

Bottom line your policy has to be consistent.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

incredible the senseless destruction....

http://youtu.be/gV5Wvtj1UMc

In the Israel thread rockets are harmless, but in this thread.....

I don't see her losing either when the only thing standing in her way is this. NOTE: you're gonna vurp on this one, but hold out for the chorus if you can.

Here is what I don't get: If having a woman as president is so important, why do they all get man haircuts?

Edited by 4merper4mer

Well look, setting aside any moral considerations, what the bomb and occupy crowd fail to realize is that we simply couldn't afford it any longer: the country was in middle of financial meltdown, already hugely in debt , and the Iraq misadventure cost over $1 trillion. Obamas problem was thinking he could pursue a "neocon light" strategy: don't lead on libya, but support france and UK. Don't put boots on the ground on Syria, but provide material support to the rebels. Don't put any real pressure on Israel and Palestinians. So Libya, Syria and Israel/palestine are a mess. Iraq I can't fault him because wed done enough and it was time to leave. However let's not forget that it was our role in destabilizing Syria that led to rise of ISIS and subsequent invasion of northern Iraq. And this absolutely assinine pivot to Asia as a consolation prize to hawks for reducing our role in Mideast. So now Ukraine is a mess after we helped ovethrow a democratically elected leader. The only thing I give him credit for is the thawing of relations with Iran, notably an example where he went anti-hawk

Bottom line your policy has to be consistent.

Well, there are damn few who can even hint that POTUS' foreign policy isn't consistent. Unfortunately, for the US specifically, and the world in general, it is consistently ineffective. (Ooops, another Russian millionaire added to the Do Not Fly list striking daggers into the heart of Rodina.)

I'd asked the question in a different thread, who are the people making US foreign policy, and who are they making it for? Interesting that a study confirms it's not what the American people want:

"There were some interesting YouGov findings on American public opinion and foreign conflicts last week. When asked about conflicts in Syria, Ukraine, and Gaza, at least a plurality of Americans favored supporting neither side, and in the Syrian case it was a majority.

The Syrian case is the most striking. Syria is the one conflict that the U.S. was very close to joining in directly only last year, there is also fairly broad bipartisan support in Washington for supporting at least some Syrian rebels, and yet the public’s support for anti-regime forces is extremely low. U.S. support for the Israeli government in the conflict is endorsed by virtually every elected official in the U.S. and by numerous editorial boards across the country, but that policy doesn’t even have the support of 40% of the public."

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/larison/americans-dont-want-the-u-s-to-take-sides-in-foreign-conflicts/

• 2 weeks later...

Thousands of Iraqi Yazidis Are Trapped on a Mountaintop Dying of Thirst, Surrounded by Jihadists:

http://www.nationalr...unded-jihadists

"In one day, [iSIS] killed more than 2000 Yazidi in Sinjar, and the whole world says, ‘Save Gaza, save Gaza.’”

http://www.newyorker...ees-horror-isis

Reminder: In January, President Obama dismissed ISIS as al-Qaeda's "jayvee" team.