Joe B's top 20 talents on the Bills roster.

I did not see this posted anywhere, so I wanted to gauge your opinion on Joe's list...

http://www.wgr550.co....php?pid=415417

Bills Top 20 Talents:

20) TE Scott Chandler

19) CB Leodis McKelvin

18) QB EJ Manuel

17) DE Manny Lawson

16) LB Brandon Spikes

15) WR Mike Williams

14) CB Nickell Robey

13) C Eric Wood

12) HB Fred Jackson

11) DE Jerry Hughes

10) CB Stephon Gilmore

9) WR Robert Woods

8) S Aaron Williams

7) LT Cordy Glenn

6) DE Mario Williams

5) LB Kiko Alonso

4) DT Kyle Williams

3) HB C.J. Spiller

2) WR Sammy Watkins

1) DT Marcell Dareus

So, what do you all think about this list?

I personally cannot wrap my head around Kyle Williams and Marcell Dareus being better "talents" than Mario Williams.

I also cannot understand why he would put Nickell Robey ahead of Leodis McKelvin, again, as a better "talent."

Other than that, I think it's alright...what do you all think about it?

I did not see this posted anywhere, so I wanted to gauge your opinion on Joe's list...

Bills Top 20 Talents:

20) TE Scott Chandler

19) CB Leodis McKelvin

18) QB EJ Manuel

17) DE Manny Lawson

16) LB Brandon Spikes

15) WR Mike Williams

14) CB Nickell Robey

13) C Eric Wood

12) HB Fred Jackson

11) DE Jerry Hughes

10) CB Stephon Gilmore

9) WR Robert Woods

8) S Aaron Williams

7) LT Cordy Glenn

6) DE Mario Williams

5) LB Kiko Alonso

4) DT Kyle Williams

3) HB C.J. Spiller

2) WR Sammy Watkins

1) DT Marcell Dareus

I personally cannot wrap my head around Kyle Williams and Marcell Dareus being better "talents" than Mario Williams.

I also cannot understand why he would put Nickell Robey ahead of Leodis McKelvin, again, as a better "talent."

I think that I am with everything that you said Bob. For the most part the list is pretty good but I have a few issues with it. It is 1 man's opinion though.

Bills Top 20 Talents:

20) TE Scott Chandler

19) CB Leodis McKelvin

18) QB EJ Manuel

17) DE Manny Lawson

16) LB Brandon Spikes

15) WR Mike Williams

14) CB Nickell Robey

13) C Eric Wood

12) HB Fred Jackson

11) DE Jerry Hughes

10) CB Stephon Gilmore

9) WR Robert Woods

8) S Aaron Williams

7) LT Cordy Glenn

6) DE Mario Williams

5) LB Kiko Alonso

4) DT Kyle Williams

3) HB C.J. Spiller

2) WR Sammy Watkins

1) DT Marcell Dareus

ugh. I kind of have a hard time with Joe B. he seems likable. But when I listen to him talk about the Bills on the radio I get frustrated because I think he is kind of in over his head. He says things that make me yell "you're stupid" and change the station. So I don't put a lot of stock into what he thinks. I am the king of nonsense threads but to me his list is WGAS.

Sorry, had to vent because I just listened to him this morning tell he that possibly the game has passed Jim Schwartz by because he hasn't been a DC for 5 years. He was a F#*^+% head coach that whole time ! It's not like he has been coaching tight ends. Good grief.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Bills Top 20 Talents:

20) TE Scott Chandler

19) CB Leodis McKelvin

18) QB EJ Manuel

17) DE Manny Lawson

16) LB Brandon Spikes

15) WR Mike Williams

14) CB Nickell Robey

13) C Eric Wood

12) HB Fred Jackson

11) DE Jerry Hughes

10) CB Stephon Gilmore

9) WR Robert Woods

8) S Aaron Williams

7) LT Cordy Glenn

6) DE Mario Williams

5) LB Kiko Alonso

4) DT Kyle Williams

3) HB C.J. Spiller

2) WR Sammy Watkins

1) DT Marcell Dareus

It wasn't just based off of their talent levels. It was also based off of their future worth to the team. That's why Watkins came in at #2 without ever having played a down...

I like that he's doing this, but the execution is quite poor, in my opinion. I can think of ten people on this board who I trust far more when it comes to evaluating the roster. Mario Williams #6? Seriously? Does he even watch the games? Robey ahead of McKelvin?!? Woods ahead of Gilmore??

Mario Williams is the best and most productive player on the team, and he was playing at a high level at the end of the season. Watching the game with your eyes will tell you that.

Edited by dave mcbride

I like that he's doing this, but the execution is quite poor, in my opinion. I can think of ten people on this board who I trust far more when it comes to evaluating the roster. Mario Williams #6? Seriously? Does he even watch the games? Robey ahead of McKelvin?!? Woods ahead of Gilmore??

Mario Williams is the best and most productive player on the team. Watching the game with your eyes will tell you that.

By leaps and bounds and that's not taking anything away from anyone else, either. MW just plays his position extremely well.

GO BILLS!!!

We could debate and argue this list and the order the players appear until we're blue in the face. To me, what is more important is what isn't on the list. Going specifically off of his evaluations, I've noticed a few things I find interesting.

-If your QB isn't a top 20 talent, there is a problem

-If your LT isn't top 5, there is a problem.

-If your best CB isn't in the top 5, there is a problem.

What is the problem?---> It seems that our current talent doesn't match up with league-wide positional importance. If QB and LT are the highest valued offensive players across the league, should your team's QB and LT not be the top two offensive talents?

Food for thought.

We could debate and argue this list and the order the players appear until we're blue in the face. To me, what is more important is what isn't on the list. Going specifically off of his evaluations, I've noticed a few things I find interesting.

What is the problem?---> It seems that our current talent doesn't match up with league-wide positional importance. If QB and LT are the highest valued offensive players across the league, should your team's QB and LT not be the top two offensive talents?

Food for thought.

Good points - especially the first one.

But we still don't know what he have in EJ. As a fan, I'm hoping he does turn out to be one of the top 20 Bills this season.

Food for thought.

Fair point, but a healthy Gilmore is far, far better than the rank he slots him at. He was shutdown in final few games of last season (after the wris injury healed and the cast-club was removed).

ugh. I kind of have a hard time with Joe B. he seems likable. But when I listen to him talk about the Bills on the radio I get frustrated because I think he is kind of in over his head. He says things that make me yell "you're stupid" and change the station. So I don't put a lot of stock into what he thinks. I am the king of nonsense threads but to me his list is WGAS.

Sorry, had to vent because I just listened to him this morning tell he that possibly the game has passed Jim Schwartz by because he hasn't been a DC for 5 years. He was a F#*^+% head coach that whole time ! It's not like he has been coaching tight ends. Good grief.

Most knowledgable guy on WGR by a mile in my opinion. May not agree with everything he says but he is on point and does his research/film study. Great draft analyst as well.

What I'm getting from that is that 15 of the 20 are homegrown talent drafted by Buffalo. A lot has been said over the last few years about our drafting inabilities but I think we've done a decent job. If Watkins lives up to the hype and we hit on Cyrus and/or Preston it'll be another successful draft. I'm a huge fan of Whaley but Marrone I'm not sold on. If we can't hit at least a .500 record with this young talented roster, Whaley will need to at the very least consider a change at the HC spot.