What is better, no guns, or more guns?

4 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

No one should need a gun for personal protection?  In an ideal world?  So we’re back Utopia. That world does not exist here in the US and never will.  I take the protection of my and my wife’s lives seriously because if I don’t who will. This is the reason I bought my first firearms 10 years ago.  So you advocate for me to no longer be able to protect myself? 

Where have I said that anywhere?

26 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

That may be completely true and what he meant, I'm mainly just going off that statement as an ideal which it does work for. In an ideal world nobody should need a gun for personal protection, but like I said there's a lot that goes into that situation beyond just gun regulation, and banning hand guns isn't a place I'm at.

Are you trying to make a point?

That it's not reality. We'd all love world peace and for people to hold hands but unfortunately people can be evil. Free will is part of being human and some will do it to hurt others. 

2 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

That it's not reality. We'd all love world peace and for people to hold hands but unfortunately people can be evil. Free will is part of being human and some will do it to hurt others. 

Right they're ideals as I've said and can very well be unattainable, that in no way means you shouldn't work towards them.

• Thank you (+1) 1

haha @ArdmoreRyno BEAM UP UP SCOTTY........Come Lord Jesus. Take your pick. I realize that a subforum sports chatroom is a very limited sample size as pertaining to the Gun Culture, Gun advocates and other intelligent rational people invested in this topic have to say......I just want to say that while a chasm exists this issue is NOT insurmountable....I see where there could be concessions on both sides for a resolution where each side will contribute to the solution.

I have HOPE. I don't own a gun never will own a gun. Do I want to strip gun owners of their guns? HELL NO. Emphatic NO.

Do I think moderate people politically on either side of the aisle have much more in common with each other than Not in regards to this issue? YES

What say YOU NRA and other gun lobbyists who are pulling these politicos like puppets on a string...toe that party line or face Our WRATH......TCK NO room for Any concessions...eh?......smh

Id be interested in hearing any opines regarding how they REALLY think this guns situation in the USA will end up. In your heart of hearts.

I will predict that there will wailing and gnashing of teeth with unhappiness of any proposed solutions...no side getting all they would have hoped to accomplish

I think that incidences that predict any person from acting out in such horrific fashion..things like hurting animals as young people....NEED TO GET IT REPORTED and hence FLAGGED in the system wherein gun buyers need apply.

I think NOONE is coming to take your Guns away it is a MYTH that you are buying into hook line and sinker because of fear...........its NOT ever going to be a reality in the US of A...take away peoples guns Nope ridiculous concept...You will never convince me otherwise

, limit sales, ban sales or whatever ends up happening GUNS ARE HERE TO STAY...........Even the new Canadian law isn't removing guns from owners, it is sales forward that will be impacted if Im understanding that correctly. I do NOT buy this slippery slope argument its again appealing to fear not common sense. IN THE USA.

and Finally this is such a hot bed issue that the overall judgment of the people needs prevail for ALL OUR GOOD...either way we just want PEACE right?

And I  pray the other side will concede the decisions as being fairly reached........yeah right lol pffft

haha again welcome to politics in the US of A. I am cynical but cling to my hope there is action to limit mass gun violence.....more guns to protect against more guns what could possibly go wrong???? I just dont think its logical.

This will be a definite check in "popcorn thread" waiting to see what does end up happening....I pray no more tragedy for a while PLEASE

thanks for listening. m

15 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

and if we scroll down a bit.

Yup Thats Right GIF by Katelyn Tarver

But you did say no one should need a handgun for personal protection correct?  Yes you used the words “in a perfect world”. But that world does not exist. I know it’s a complex situation but you sound confused. 

13 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

But you did say no one should need a handgun for personal protection correct?  Yes you used the words “in a perfect world”. But that world does not exist. I know it’s a complex situation but you sound confused. 

Yes, and clearly I must be confused about that or else I'd use words alluding to it being a more complicated situation than that, and that I'm not for banning hand guns, which are used for personal protection.

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

but like I said there's a lot that goes into that situation beyond just gun regulation, and banning hand guns isn't a place I'm at.

oh, I guess I did.

Happy Adam Scott GIF by Sky

Edited by Warcodered

NY Times:  The Hard Truth: Gun Safety Must Be Everything That Republicans Fear

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/29/opinion/gun-safety-republicans.html

If you get behind the pay wall - essentially:

"We need to do everything gun advocates have been doing in reverse...

They fear a slippery slope to complete bans.....I agree with them........I fully hope we get there."

/Libs

Edited by Big Blitz

30 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Yes, and clearly I must be confused about that or else I'd use words alluding to it being a more complicated situation than that, and that I'm not for banning hand guns, which are used for personal protection.

oh, I guess I did.

Happy Adam Scott GIF by Sky

But you were all over the place.  You replied to my post about Trudeau wanting to ban handguns as “on a national scale a great place to start.”  Then I ask you to clarify what you mean by a great place to start you reply with “sensible gun legislation.”   So putting those two statements together I came to the conclusion you feel that banning handguns is sensible gun legislation even though you’re not for the banning of handguns. :wacko:  Hence my conclusion you sound confused. Either that or you’re just not good at making your point. 🤷🏻‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

But you were all over the place.  You replied to my post about Trudeau wanting to ban handguns as “on a national scale a great place to start.”  Then I ask you to clarify what you mean by a great place to start you reply with “sensible gun legislation.”   So putting those two statements together I came to the conclusion you feel that banning handguns is sensible gun legislation even though you’re not for the banning of handguns. :wacko:  Hence my conclusion you sound confused. Either that or you’re just not good at making your point. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I was saying your idea was a good place to start.

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:
3 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

I worked for a company whose motto was "Only Perfect Will Do!"   Talk about setting people up for failure.  

So what's the towards the impossible process look like?  How close do you want to get to it?  

This on a national scale seems like a great place to start.

On 5/24/2022 at 9:55 PM, Chef Jim said:

All registers gun owners should be required to renew their registration periodically and have a new background check ran. 

I mean ideally you want to get as close as you can get, but I'm sure there are other things you have to balance that with.

I mean why do you think I put that there?

3 hours ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Just to post actual hard points with surveillance the school I work at (these are today, school has been out for 2 weeks now). You aren't getting into the school without eyes on you. Only one door opens and it's an "buzz in" door that locks automatically. There are 7 cameras alone pointing towards the entrance in various angles. We also have gunshot sound devices that will alert LEO is they think a shot is fired in the area. 

unnamed (1) (2).jpg

unnamed2 (2).jpg

What if the churches want to be protected from bloody massacres, too? Who will fund that? 

37 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I was saying your idea was a good place to start.

I mean why do you think I put that there?

My idea??  I don’t have any ***** ideas.

Now I’m confused. 

😂

Edited by Chef Jim

8 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

My idea??  I don’t have any ***** ideas.

Now I’m confused. 

😂

So you don't think:

On 5/24/2022 at 9:55 PM, Chef Jim said:

All registers gun owners should be required to renew their registration periodically and have a new background check ran.

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

What if the churches want to be protected from bloody massacres, too? Who will fund that? 

You can conceal carry in many churches already. That's a choice. 

You can't protect everything. It's like trying to stop car accidents. 

Biden:

"And I sat with a trauma doctor, and I asked him—I said, 'What's the difference?'... I said, 'Why are they dying?' And they showed me x-rays. He said, 'A .22-caliber bullet will lodge in the lung, and we can probably get it out, may be able to get it, and save the life. A 9mm bullet blows the lung out of the body.'

Biden:

“So the idea of these high-caliber weapons is of—there's simply no rational basis for it in terms of thinking about self-protection”

Sorry Joe protecting myself by blowing the *****’s lung out is not only rational but required.  🤦🏻‍♂️

• Haha (+1) 1