What is better, no guns, or more guns?

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Fortify the hospitals too!! Build walls around hospitals and arm the doctors with guns! Nurses should practice with machine guns! 

The first response was at least honest this take is pathetic. I want to help solve the problem, you simply want to score political points

2 hours ago, T master said:

Why don't you just move to china you will be safe there and you can have all the freedom that the gov't thinks you need just like you are trying to make it here ...

Why don’t you move to China?

Because your cult is actually passing laws that dictate how Americans can live.

CRT

Anti-LGTBQ laws

Voter suppression laws

Abortion laws

Heaven forbid we pass sensible gun legislation that might make it more difficult to get an AR-15.

Idiots

Sad deal. My youngest daughter was born at St. Francis in Tulsa (part of the hospital complex). This looks to be a targeted attack on a doctor. Black shooter took his own life. 

44 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Sad deal. My youngest daughter was born at St. Francis in Tulsa (part of the hospital complex). This looks to be a targeted attack on a doctor. Black shooter took his own life. 

So many excuses

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

The first response was at least honest this take is pathetic. I want to help solve the problem, you simply want to score political points

On this board you will solve the problem? 

BTW, do you want to fortify hospitals or no? 

1 hour ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

This should be this little kids backpack - not his casket.

I hope you’re proud.

image.thumb.jpeg.de793070e0bdfa8308425b173863228e.jpeg

Karma is gonna love you

5 hours ago, Delete_Account said:

The issue is that I don’t necessarily think buildings full of little children become incrementally safer with military-grade weapons located inside them. And I don’t necessarily think the children are incrementally safer in the heat of battle when educators not trained for combat are wielding these weapons.

That is not to say that I am completely against the idea of having armed defenders in schools, but this idea would have to be combined with other substantial gun control measures. FWIW, I’m a progressive lefty who considers herself a center-righty on the Second Amendment issue. I’ve tended to defer to gun owners on the types of guns they insist they need for self-defense, but I’m quickly losing patience with right-wing obstinance when it comes to regulating who is allowed to buy these guns.

I think the fundamental problem we have here (along with gerrymandering rules) is the lack of campaign finance reform legislation. Those with the most money can best bribe the politicians and control the propaganda. ~70-90% of Americans want meaningful gun control laws, but major campaign donors from the NRA own the GOP and intimidate the Democratic Party into inaction. So far, the only politicians I’m aware of at the national level who reject corporate and large individual donations are AOC, Omar, Pressley, Tlaib, Bowman, Cori Bush, and Bernie. Hmmm…

well it obviously comes with having the person or person's plural tasked with arming themselves for protection.

1) training or previous knowledge of how to properly use the weopon

2) willingness to be that person with again training on how to go about being in a situation.

it would not be somthing that should be looked at now the children are safe. it would be if this happens then at least there is someone that could potentially mitigate as a last resort. that can never be a bad. obviously tossing a gun at someone unprepared or unwilling and say its your job..good luck. of coarse that's a horrable idea.

since you see yourself as a progressive im more interested in your response to what most of my post was on.

progressives have

demonized police. as a officer today good luck finding anyone who does not second guess himself as any decision made will be condemned with the power of hindsight to possably destroy them and put them in jail themselves. perfect example. the cop who shot that girl that was seconds away from stabbing the other girl..fire him! put him in jail! cop doesnt react and that girl is stabbed in the neck. how could he do nothing! he just watched! fire him! put him in jail! HE SHOULD HAVE SHOT HER!! 

not very good when split seconds are the difference in lives lost.

demanded the demilitarization of police so saying they must go into a active dangerous situation without proper gear regardless of situation.

applauded lax DAs that disregard laws already on the books that possibly could take repeated violent offenders off the streets  or turn felonies to misdermeanors that help criminals pass background checks. this has lead to 100s and more murders this year. how many murders happen from repeated violent offenders..alot! how many from completely illegal carry? keep slapping that wrist. 

progressives even have villianized boarder patrol. the one guy who ended the killers rampage in texas. has biden held that man up as the hero he is yet? because he made up that racist narrative about the whip that never existed pretty quickly?

but its republicans and gun laws that are the main culprit?  the same power grabs you see for them are the same ones that have legislators condoning the above. not alot of talking about that. why is that? ive put a few sensible gun control laws in this thread but why does inner city violence from criminals that illegally carry rarely come up in the conversation. i think because that killing is normalized so people see the blip on the news and then heres bill with the weather. pretty frustrating to see the outrage turned on and off and finger pointed in one direction only constantly. not to mention the flat out lies and gov overreach that progressives have applauded the last 2 years. not fostering good rationale for those who specifically want gun laws untouched for that reason alone. gun sales are WAY up because a collapsing economy and ignoring criminals is a combo that kind of make people uneasy not to mention, desperate.

i acknowledge gun laws need to be looked at and changes made but we all play a part in this. progressives, as usual, dont seem to want to look at the role they have played and the reprocussions of it. is there going to be demand to stop the gun violence in places that have the strictest laws or have dem thrown thier hands up and pointing at law abiding citizens been that effective that all gun violence is their fault alone, nothing to see here. 

it shows how unserious we are as a country. more so egotistical. always the other sides fault. when DA throw the book at illegal gun carry or progressives don't bring up "rights" when it comes to something like stop and frisk while telling others they should give up theirs it would be more impactful.

Edited by Buffarukus

3 hours ago, Buffarukus said:

well it obviously comes with having the person or person's plural tasked with arming themselves for protection.

1) training or previous knowledge of how to properly use the weopon

2) willingness to be that person with again training on how to go about being in a situation.

it would not be somthing that should be looked at now the children are safe. it would be if this happens then at least there is someone that could potentially mitigate as a last resort. that can never be a bad. obviously tossing a gun at someone unprepared or unwilling and say its your job..good luck. of coarse that's a horrable idea.

since you see yourself as a progressive im more interested in your response to what most of my post was on.

progressives have

demonized police. as a officer today good luck finding anyone who does not second guess himself as any decision made will be condemned with the power of hindsight to possably destroy them and put them in jail themselves. perfect example. the cop who shot that girl that was seconds away from stabbing the other girl..fire him! put him in jail! cop doesnt react and that girl is stabbed in the neck. how could he do nothing! he just watched! fire him! put him in jail! HE SHOULD HAVE SHOT HER!! 

not very good when split seconds are the difference in lives lost.

demanded the demilitarization of police so saying they must go into a active dangerous situation without proper gear regardless of situation.

applauded lax DAs that disregard laws already on the books that possibly could take repeated violent offenders off the streets  or turn felonies to misdermeanors that help criminals pass background checks. this has lead to 100s and more murders this year. how many murders happen from repeated violent offenders..alot! how many from completely illegal carry? keep slapping that wrist. 

progressives even have villianized boarder patrol. the one guy who ended the killers rampage in texas. has biden held that man up as the hero he is yet? because he made up that racist narrative about the whip that never existed pretty quickly?

but its republicans and gun laws that are the main culprit?  the same power grabs you see for them are the same ones that have legislators condoning the above. not alot of talking about that. why is that? ive put a few sensible gun control laws in this thread but why does inner city violence from criminals that illegally carry rarely come up in the conversation. i think because that killing is normalized so people see the blip on the news and then heres bill with the weather. pretty frustrating to see the outrage turned on and off and finger pointed in one direction only constantly. not to mention the flat out lies and gov overreach that progressives have applauded the last 2 years. not fostering good rationale for those who specifically want gun laws untouched for that reason alone. gun sales are WAY up because a collapsing economy and ignoring criminals is a combo that kind of make people uneasy not to mention, desperate.

i acknowledge gun laws need to be looked at and changes made but we all play a part in this. progressives, as usual, dont seem to want to look at the role they have played and the reprocussions of it. is there going to be demand to stop the gun violence in places that have the strictest laws or have dem thrown thier hands up and pointing at law abiding citizens been that effective that all gun violence is their fault alone, nothing to see here. 

it shows how unserious we are as a country. more so egotistical. always the other sides fault. when DA throw the book at illegal gun carry or progressives don't bring up "rights" when it comes to something like stop and frisk while telling others they should give up theirs it would be more impactful.

It's amazing how many hoops you people are willing to jump through just to rationalize keeping all of your dangerous toys, especially when the stats are staring you in the face.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Angry man and easy access to guns. No wonder we have so many mass shootings 

14 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Since we’ve always had access to guns, the operative question then would be why are so many men so angry? 

Profound! What are your thoughts on this very serious, and thought provoking point? 

Just now, Tiberius said:

Profound! What are your thoughts on this very serious, and thought provoking point? 

Ugh. Not trying to be profound Tibs. I cited your post. Why do YOU think people are angry enough to kill people for seemingly no sane reason? What’s caused the change? Social media? Lack of mental care? Video games? Pick one or provide another. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Ugh. Not trying to be profound Tibs. I cited your post. Why do YOU think people are angry enough to kill people for seemingly no sane reason? What’s caused the change? Social media? Lack of mental care? Video games? Pick one or provide another. 

You said men, now you change it to people. 

You tell us, you asked why men are angry, as if there is some excuse besides easy access to murder weapons. 

18 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You said men, now you change it to people. 

You tell us, you asked why men are angry, as if there is some excuse besides easy access to murder weapons. 

So you propose that happy, well adjusted young men are prone to shooting sprees because they have access to "murder weapons"?   That's quite a theory.  

Angry man and easy access to guns. No wonder we have so many mass shootings 

Wouldn't matter if it's a gun or a hammer. If someone is determined to kill someone, they usually find a way to do it. 

26 murdered in Japan, burned to death in March

Four stabbed in London in April

3 stabbed and killed in France

7 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

So you propose that happy, well adjusted young men are prone to shooting sprees because they have access to "murder weapons"?   That's quite a theory.  

So you put words in people's mouths? Lame 

6 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Wouldn't matter if it's a gun or a hammer. If someone is determined to kill someone, they usually find a way to do it. 

LOl, a HAMMER!!!! 

11 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

There are anecdotes and there is data. How many people are killed by hammers every year? How lethal are hammers? As in, if someone decides to kill someone with a hammer, how likely are they to succeed?

13 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

There are anecdotes and there is data. How many people are killed by hammers every year? How lethal are hammers? As in, if someone decides to kill someone with a hammer, how likely are they to succeed?

Around 400 per year in the United States. Nearly the same number of people killed by all rifles (450) which include bolt action, AR platforms, AK platforms, etc. 

To answer your last question... about 400.