What is better, no guns, or more guns?

10 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Students and youth organizers with the March for Our Lives gun control movement are planning nationwide protests following the Texas elementary school shooting, including a march on Washington, D.C., on June 11.

Organizers and activists also plan to meet with lawmakers in the Capitol from June 7 to June 10 to push for universal background checks, according to the group’s website.

“Our message and ask is simple: no longer will we be held hostage by our lawmakers and no longer will we tolerate feeling unsafe in our communities,” the group wrote on the website.

https://thehill.com/news/state-watch/3502148-student-led-gun-control-group-planning-nationwide-protests-march-on-dc/

Taking their word to the street! 

Locks like laws are made to keep a honest man honest and the criminals or evil people will ALWAYS despite the laws find a way to get guns & what ever else they need to do evil things . 

If you don't believe it just look at Chicago & the state of Illinois they have the most stringent of gun laws & people die every single day in the streets but they don't tell that side of the story .

1 minute ago, T master said:

Locks like laws are made to keep a honest man honest and the criminals or evil people will ALWAYS despite the laws find a way to get guns & what ever else they need to do evil things . 

If you don't believe it just look at Chicago & the state of Illinois they have the most stringent of gun laws & people die every single day in the streets but they don't tell that side of the story .

Chicago is literally surrounded by gun friendly states. Gees! You pulling that lame argument out? 

• Eyeroll 1

On 5/31/2022 at 10:16 AM, ArdmoreRyno said:

Okay, goodbye (since I know how to ignore someone!) 

And yea, you're IQ level is likely below the US average. Based on your moronic rants and assumptions, lack of sarcasm and reality... I'd guess 85 give or take 5 points. You might go apply for SSDI if you haven't already.

Getting called a sick f**k by that obviously deranged computer addict is a badge of honor

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

At my school we have 3 former military personnel and an ex cop. At my wife's school they have a former SWAT team member that I know of, allowing them to be armed would make the campus safer. Why are you against them being armed?

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

At my school we have 3 former military personnel and an ex cop. At my wife's school they have a former SWAT team member that I know of, allowing them to be armed would make the campus safer. Why are you against them being armed?

I'd rather address the root cause of the problem is all 

8 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I'd rather address the root cause of the problem is all 

So you propose a war on mental illness?  Because any way you look at it, somebody has got to be out of their mind to go into a school and kill a bunch of kids.

10 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

So you propose a war on mental illness?  Because any way you look at it, somebody has got to be out of their mind to go into a school and kill a bunch of kids.

1. More funding to help people with mental illness would be great

2. Mental illness is not the root cause of these shootings. Other rich countries have people with mental illness but they don't have the rate of mass shootings that we do.

• Like (+1) 1

They should be focusing on keeping guns out of the hands of the criminals and insane.

That's not what the leftists want...they want the innocent responsible gun owners guns.

They are ok with the crazies and criminals...they don't care about the criminals and the crazies

help their agenda.

25 minutes ago, Albwan said:

They should be focusing on keeping guns out of the hands of the criminals and insane.

That's not what the leftists want...they want the innocent responsible gun owners guns.

They are ok with the crazies and criminals...they don't care about the criminals and the crazies

help their agenda.

Hi. Democrat here.

I would like to keep the guns out of the hands of the criminals and the insane. I would also be in favor of spending more money on mental health.

I'm fine with upstanding citizens owning guns. Most of my family are gun owners.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Fortify the hospitals too!! Build walls around hospitals and arm the doctors with guns! Nurses should practice with machine guns! 

7 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Even even people have to have the tools of the trade 

And if you don't think they won't be able to get them just because you make a law your a bigger Dumb ass than you know . How do you think fentenal gets here how do you think cocaine comes into the US how do you think heroin comes in how do you think 9-11 happened ?

There are laws to stop all of that and it still happens no matter how hard they try and even if they took every single gun away from law abiding citizens and stopped making them completely & made a law like Trudeau just did the bad guys will still get them despite what you think your strict guns laws will do .

Why don't you just move to china you will be safe there and you can have all the freedom that the gov't thinks you need just like you are trying to make it here ...

4 minutes ago, T master said:

And if you don't think they won't be able to get them just because you make a law your a bigger Dumb ass than you know . How do you think fentenal gets here how do you think cocaine comes into the US how do you think heroin comes in how do you think 9-11 happened ?

There are laws to stop all of that and it still happens no matter how hard they try and even if they took every single gun away from law abiding citizens and stopped making them completely & made a law like Trudeau just did the bad guys will still get them despite what you think your strict guns laws will do .

Why don't you just move to china you will be safe there and you can have all the freedom that the gov't thinks you need just like you are trying to make it here ...

Is arming doctors the answer to hospital shootings? 

On 5/29/2022 at 1:25 PM, Buffarukus said:

your talking about how unrealistic it is but the point would be to give people a fighting chance. that is always going to be better then not having one at all until law enforcement arrives or sadlyin texas, boarder patrol. not sure what the issue is or why anyone would not support it besides the fact the people who decided to be armed would immediatly be the ones blamed and demonized if they did not "wyatt earp" because they locked up and were scared. noone knows exactly how they would act. 

i agree with psychological issues have to be a huge component in gun law. its going to be a very tough line to draw as A) penalizing people for seeking treatment is going to deter alot of help and B) what particular line is reasonable. the fact DAs seem to be laxing on crime in general is not helping anyone. felonies reduced to not be flagged on a background search. illegal carry being almost as common and pretty much normalized is pretty strange seeing as these are the places that have/want stricter gun laws on people that abide by the law. we are going in the wrong direction. ill never get that

yes i realize both shooter legally bought guns but the 1000's of others that for whatever reason never get the spotlight. we have a cocktail brewing of anti/ demonized police and in the case of texas also the boarder patrol. a call to demilitarize police should be looked at as these situations require swat type gear but people have demanded it be removed regardless of circumstances. DAs that have become lenient. a economy that is putting alot of pressure and desperation on people that were already struggling. people that are repeatedly being brought to the attention of officials as high up as the federal level and "slipping through the cracks" of multi billion dollar org that are specifically there to prevent these things and a population that is buying more guns then ever because of all of this.

im sorry to say it doesnt look like this is going to get better anytime soon. the IMMEDIATE answer is to advocate for the ability to defend oneself and those around them and make it very clear by officials that doing so will not result in punishment of its own which has also been a issue for decades for some absurd reason.

The issue is that I don’t necessarily think buildings full of little children become incrementally safer with military-grade weapons located inside them. And I don’t necessarily think the children are incrementally safer in the heat of battle when educators not trained for combat are wielding these weapons.

That is not to say that I am completely against the idea of having armed defenders in schools, but this idea would have to be combined with other substantial gun control measures. FWIW, I’m a progressive lefty who considers herself a center-righty on the Second Amendment issue. I’ve tended to defer to gun owners on the types of guns they insist they need for self-defense, but I’m quickly losing patience with right-wing obstinance when it comes to regulating who is allowed to buy these guns.

I think the fundamental problem we have here (along with gerrymandering rules) is the lack of campaign finance reform legislation. Those with the most money can best bribe the politicians and control the propaganda. ~70-90% of Americans want meaningful gun control laws, but major campaign donors from the NRA own the GOP and intimidate the Democratic Party into inaction. So far, the only politicians I’m aware of at the national level who reject corporate and large individual donations are AOC, Omar, Pressley, Tlaib, Bowman, Cori Bush, and Bernie. Hmmm…

• Like (+1) 2