What is better, no guns, or more guns?

6 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Scenario.  Someone breaks into my home with the intent of a home invasion.  Should I or should I not be able to shoot the ***** dead?  

If there are no guns available and there is no threat of life, the answer is no. A stolen necklace is not worth a life. Spend your money on security and cameras 

28 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

You’re Canadian! Why are you in this conversation? Your entire nation wouldn’t exist if it didn’t happen to live right next to ours...tough guy!

Hey SoCal, EX +1..

you open your mouth about China, Russia, Mexico etc. Why? Because you have an interest and opinion. Surfer dude....

3 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

The NYT believes in the deep state, Black people are the most anti vaccine, and Area 51 is a real place that does top secret stuff. Your choice of topics to bash me with shows how myopic you are.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/why-black-americans-are-less-likely-covid-vaccine-1570521%3famp=1

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/12/02/opinion/trump-fauci-deep-state.amp.html

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_51

As for the rest of your diatribe, my children have no idea whether I have a gun and most likely will never need to find out. My town has never had a drive by in the past 20 years minimum, and it is unlikely to happen. If criminals know they are likely to die for trying to commit crimes in my neighborhood they don't come this way. The guns in my neighborhood keep us all safe are not a threat to anyone unless they have I'll intent.

If your town does not have a problem,  then why are you against cities and towns that do controlling the situation.?

Wyatt Earp stop guns in his town if Tombstone, and Matt Dillion never allow guns in Dodge to protect Miss Kitty. No frigging politician or NDA or Supreme Court stopped it. 

As for myopic, ??? I only commented on your topic. The other major group I have read that are against vaccines are certain baptists groups and the State of Utah which has a huge population of certain religions.. is color a reason to reject a vaccine. NO! It is a long distrust of politicians, media, and authorities to a large group of marginalized citizens. But it is ok that a white preacher can say it.

Whoops, the little green men of Area 51 has been confirmed.

38 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Hey SoCal, EX +1..

you open your mouth about China, Russia, Mexico etc. Why? Because you have an interest and opinion. Surfer dude....

You’re a moron. The Americans on here are talking about what those other countries do that impact us! I’d have no problem if you’d like to opine on how America impacts Canadian life or policy. (PS: You do realize you’re comments about surfing show your truly prejudicial colors...right? Tough guy.)  Grow the f$&p up! 

23 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

You’re a moron. The Americans on here are talking about what those other countries do that impact us! I’d have no problem if you’d like to opine on how America impacts Canadian life or policy. (PS: You do realize you’re comments about surfing show your truly prejudicial colors...right? Tough guy.)  Grow the f$&p up! 

EX+1.....and why would surfing be prejudicial dude. Don't all cali's surf?

Temper temper little boy....

1 hour ago, Niagara Bill said:

If there are no guns available and there is no threat of life, the answer is no. A stolen necklace is not worth a life. Spend your money on security and cameras 

Niagara’s Rules For Civil Home Invasion Discourse:

1. INVITE....your invader in;
  2. ASSUME...they mean you no harm and just want to talk;
  3. INQUIRE...as to whether or not they are packin;
  4. ENGAGE...in meaningful dialogue relative to how you feel about the invasion;
  5. ASSURE...them that if they limit the attack to the 3Rs (rob, rape, rough up) they are still good people;
  6. POINT...them to the valuables hidden throughout the home;
  7. ADOPT...a submissive position;
  8. RELAX..secure in the knowledge that a gun would only help as you were being beaten severely about the head, neck, shoulders and genitalia if you had one! 
  9. RECORD...the interaction for the DATELINE episode detailing your demise;
  10. RECOGNIZE...that your death will be the impetus for gun sales soaring throughout the heartland and finally:

ENJOY this experience that will be colorfully interwoven into the fabric of your life!  

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

The original owners of my home in Oakland were victims of a home invasion robbery. Tied up and beaten.  Our house was broken into a year after we bought it.  So we spent money on security. Alarm, camera, safe and two hand guns.  

No guns available. 🙄

37 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

The original owners of my home in Oakland were victims of a home invasion robbery. Tied up and beaten.  Our house was broken into a year after we bought it.  So we spent money on security. Alarm, camera, safe and two hand guns.  

No guns available. 🙄

Jim, home security systems, and guns aren't the issue.  No one feels that any American should feel unsafe in their own home.  It's when people take em in public, and cause problems.  That's just a fact, and the "good guys with guns" doesn't even it out.  Ultra strict no carry laws might actually keep people safer.  If I know every gangster, nutbar, or robber is going to get 20 years, then by removing them, we remove the problem.  100% no, but watch America's shootings go down in number real fast.  I can leave my gun at home knowing that the guy who pulls his on me is going to prison for 20 years.  If his intent was to kill me, my gun wouldn't stop him anyways.  Unless you walk around all day tactically pointing your weapon at everyone it's extremely simple to sneak up, and shoot you dead.  You can't stop that with a pistol in a holster.  To simplify, it's just easier for police to weed out those with guns and lock em up forever if having a gun in itself is a crime.  if aliens blended in with the real humans, I'd like to have a way to spot them. 

Edited by daz28
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

18 hours ago, BillStime said:

Why I hate the Republican Party for $2000, Alex:

Two weeks after shooting spree, Georgia Senate backs bill to loosen gun restrictions

There is something seriously wrong with this country.

Oh sorry BillStime close, we were looking for both political parties are what’s wrong with this country. 

https://www.dailywire.com/news/breaking-secret-service-intervened-in-hunter-biden-gun-incident-lied-on-background-check-form-report-says

I’ll reiterate owning a gun and voting are constitutional rights.

As a thought experiment imagine you have to agree to apply the same standard to both, whatever that may be. 

and voting absolutely has life or death consequences as we’ve all seen administrations send our kids to die while bombing other nations indiscriminately, etc.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

No guns available. 🙄

It is a tough decision for sure. Fortunate that I have not been forced into this situation. I get the need for hand gun for home safety, and I have never been against them, ARs etc should never have become part of society, .

I do believe that carrying any gun with bullets outside the home should be illegal unless for hunting purpose.

The question I was asked was to chose, more or none....I answered.

1 hour ago, Niagara Bill said:

It is a tough decision for sure. Fortunate that I have not been forced into this situation. I get the need for hand gun for home safety, and I have never been against them, ARs etc should never have become part of society, .

I do believe that carrying any gun with bullets outside the home should be illegal unless for hunting purpose.

Hey Niagara! We actually agree on something! I’d second your idea of carrying outside the home. 

9 hours ago, daz28 said:

Jim, home security systems, and guns aren't the issue.  No one feels that any American should feel unsafe in their own home.  It's when people take em in public, and cause problems.  That's just a fact, and the "good guys with guns" doesn't even it out.  Ultra strict no carry laws might actually keep people safer.  If I know every gangster, nutbar, or robber is going to get 20 years, then by removing them, we remove the problem.  100% no, but watch America's shootings go down in number real fast.  I can leave my gun at home knowing that the guy who pulls his on me is going to prison for 20 years.  If his intent was to kill me, my gun wouldn't stop him anyways.  Unless you walk around all day tactically pointing your weapon at everyone it's extremely simple to sneak up, and shoot you dead.  You can't stop that with a pistol in a holster.  To simplify, it's just easier for police to weed out those with guns and lock em up forever if having a gun in itself is a crime.  if aliens blended in with the real humans, I'd like to have a way to spot them. 

No one feels Americans should feel unsafe in their homes?   Have you not been paying attention? There are plenty here chastising gun owners for saying they want to have firearms to protect themselves and their family. 

2 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

So I can protect myself in my home but once I step outside my door all bets are off?  Why do things change the minute I leave my house?  

14 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

If your town does not have a problem,  then why are you against cities and towns that do controlling the situation.?

Wyatt Earp stop guns in his town if Tombstone, and Matt Dillion never allow guns in Dodge to protect Miss Kitty. No frigging politician or NDA or Supreme Court stopped it. 

As for myopic, ??? I only commented on your topic. The other major group I have read that are against vaccines are certain baptists groups and the State of Utah which has a huge population of certain religions.. is color a reason to reject a vaccine. NO! It is a long distrust of politicians, media, and authorities to a large group of marginalized citizens. But it is ok that a white preacher can say it.

Whoops, the little green men of Area 51 has been confirmed.

Baptists against the vaccine, huh? I am sure there is a portion but in FL we have a ton of Baptist and they are getting the shot as much as anyone. I googled " baptist against vaccine" and I found one article that was entirely anecdotal about baptists but found one discussing Catholics and how we are against the vaccine, which is news to me since no one in my parish has said that. As for Mormons

https://religionnews.com/2021/01/20/top-mormon-leaders-get-covid-vaccine-and-urge-church-members-to-do-the-same-will-they/

I think you need to check your sources. 

Lastly you said I believe in Area 51, which exists. I though don't see how to came to the conclusion that I believe in aliens? I never mentioned them, you simply had to slander me so you had a chance to be right on something. 

8 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

No one feels Americans should feel unsafe in their homes?   Have you not been paying attention? There are plenty here chastising gun owners for saying they want to have firearms to protect themselves and their family. 

So I can protect myself in my home but once I step outside my door all bets are off?  Why do things change the minute I leave my house?  

If guns are illegal on the street for all then safety increases for all. If not then everyone must have carry permits and carry, church, school, restaurants, malls, gas stations, gyms, beaches, etc etc. All I say ud euther control or full availability every day every where.

8 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

If guns are illegal on the street for all then safety increases for all.

I want you to sit down and remove all distractions.  Close this site, turn off the music, the TV, the internet.  Turn of all the lights and I want you to sit and think about this statement.  Really really think about what this would look like.  Hopefully (and that's all I got at this point....hope), hopefully you'll realize how silly this statement really is.  Go through this exercise and if it doesn't come to you that's ok.  We understand.....you're Canadian.  ;)

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

I want you to sit down and remove all distractions.  Close this site, turn off the music, the TV, the internet.  Turn of all the lights and I want you to sit and think about this statement.  Really really think about what this would look like.  Hopefully (and that's all I got at this point....hope), hopefully you'll realize how silly this statement really is.  Go through this exercise and if it doesn't come to you that's ok.  We understand.....you're Canadian.  ;)

Guns in the home...not on the street. Listen Chef....150 years ago the country knew that guns on the street were very dangerous, they preferred no guns. Cities and towns enforced it, (see Wyatt Earp). Protect your property.

The alternatives are only 2 possibilities. No guns produced and sold or everyone have guns.

No sure why you cannot see that. All the little steps the peahead politicians take are of no help. Too many loopholes. It is starting to be as complicated as the tax code. This is life and death. Laws need to be sharp and simple.

Every soccer mom wants no guns, every longneck drinker doing the boot skootin boogie wants total guns for all.

14 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Guns in the home...not on the street. Listen Chef....150 years ago the country knew that guns on the street were very dangerous, they preferred no guns. Cities and towns enforced it, (see Wyatt Earp). Protect your property.

The alternatives are only 2 possibilities. No guns produced and sold or everyone have guns.

No sure why you cannot see that. All the little steps the peahead politicians take are of no help. Too many loopholes. It is starting to be as complicated as the tax code. This is life and death. Laws need to be sharp and simple.

Every soccer mom wants no guns, every longneck drinker doing the boot skootin boogie wants total guns for all.

Did you follow my instructions and think about what you said?  If you take all the guns off the streets the streets will be safer. Now the way to accomplish goals is to lay out all the steps in order to achieve those goals.  So hit me with your step one to get all the guns off the streets. 

I know several soccer moms and a certain woman near and dear to me who likes to knit who LOVE guns. 

46 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Did you follow my instructions and think about what you said?  If you take all the guns off the streets the streets will be safer. Now the way to accomplish goals is to lay out all the steps in order to achieve those goals.  So hit me with your step one to get all the guns off the streets. 

I know several soccer moms and a certain woman near and dear to me who likes to knit who LOVE guns. 

Without a doubt society loves their guns but lack of control has put them in the hands of gangs, theirs and violent people. The drug culture has been mixed in for the past 40 years.  You have said nothing except I want my guns, I want to kill anyone who try to invade my space. 

1. Stop producing them.

2. Stop importing them.

3. Increase fines for guns off property, with exceptions for hunting.

4.jail term for possession of any gun that can be considered semi or automatic. My knowledge of guns is very limited but nobody needs a gun that fires huge volumes in short periods. 

5. Teach respectful firearm use in schools

Now I know this is unsaleable to the gun crowd but is the beginning of keeping people alive. Maybe you think that a certain number of deaths is ok, like covid deaths, the sacrifice of 500,000 so the rights not to wear a mask is protected.

And before you go all righteous on me I know 500,000 deaths were not caused by the mask issue. 

Now there are 5 steps more to reduce deaths of citizens than you have made.

So Chef, go make those good eats...enjoy...everyone has their feet dug in so solutions cannot be debated. If 500,000 deaths doesn't fix the mask issue, then this violence and mass killings cannot be stopped either. 

• Agree 1